991.2 GT3RS for my son!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 09:03 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azzurri
Why not cross shop a Bugatti?
If I had Bugatti money, I’d buy a new wife, not a car.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:06 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I don’t mind being completely honest, but you should start.
I don’t understand why so many people are taking this as a fake post, to be honest. The money for this car isn’t coming from my bank account, it’s from inherited land that will never be touched by anyone in my family ever again.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:09 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BA73
At least we will have another one of these threads to follow soon!

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...d-new-car.html
Hopefully not! If he does that he would be up for adoption within minutes of the accident!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Reaction is because it’s like killing a fly with a gun - not the right tool for the job. Unless your son races on track or plans to a lot, this is not the right car. Get something more reasonable - Porsche 718 if you want to stay in the Porsche family...Don’t get him a car with such high limits. He would be too tempted to find them. And on public roads, that’s dangerous.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:14 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kblask
Please don't buy your 16-year-old a supercar if you're hoping he'll live to see his 17th birthday.

How about a Range Rover Sport? Cool, reasonably quick, and SAFE.
He doesn’t like SUV’s, and my wife wants to spoil him, and he does karting events so a track car will help him if he ever wants to actually race professionally later in life. Also I’ve heard horror stories from one of my employees who has a SVR.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:17 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I would start with a 20 year old Volvo, four door sedan and see how he does with that.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

If you want him to learn how to race just check with the local track. Tell them your situation and ask for advice on what a good car to start with is. I think most people would learn more starting with a Miata than an 911.

Most people won't take your post seriously because everyone knows there is a super high chance of an kid being given a fast car will end up in trouble with the law or in a serious accident. It's better to learn the physics of cars in a slow car and step up. Spoil them by getting a fancier car each year, but start with something simple. I'd say AWD might give false confidence, but if you really do want AWD I'd say start with something like a Golf R. Every 6 months he doesn't get in an accident you can trade in his current car for something a step up.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

You’re better off just buying an F1 racing team and then your son can drive for them. He will be the coolest kid EVER
Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tangerine
If you want him to learn how to race just check with the local track. Tell them your situation and ask for advice on what a good car to start with is. I think most people would learn more starting with a Miata than an 911.

Most people won't take your post seriously because everyone knows there is a super high chance of an kid being given a fast car will end up in trouble with the law or in a serious accident. It's better to learn the physics of cars in a slow car and step up. Spoil them by getting a fancier car each year, but start with something simple. I'd say AWD might give false confidence, but if you really do want AWD I'd say start with something like a Golf R. Every 6 months he doesn't get in an accident you can trade in his current car for something a step up.
Thank you! This is good advice! At the end of the day, I have no control of what happens because the couch isn’t fun to sleep on. I’ll talk to my wife about this. Thank you so much, Tangerine.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:35 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gasman85
You’re better off just buying an F1 racing team and then your son can drive for them. He will be the coolest kid EVER
Can I borrow $120,000,000 really quick? HAAS F1 is a 30 minute drive from my house!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:41 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

i grew up in TN; one of my friends who i played baseball all through little league and two years of high-school got a camaro SS as his first car (this was in the mid-90's). He and a friend were driving down a country road at age of 16 going over 100mph and lost control, flipping the car killing them both. two souls lost and two families devastated. so much promise gone. luckily there were no other cars or people involved. i have been fortunate in life; never have to worry about $. i have 3 kids and none will ever get a sports car until they are mid-late-20's+ and buy one themselves with their own $.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman85
i.e. lance stroll lol.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:49 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

This thread is so fake and if by chance it is not ..anyone who buys a kid any super car is a retard because these cars can make you dead fast if you have little experience and or restraint until you aquire some.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:02 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jpacione
Reaction is because it’s like killing a fly with a gun - not the right tool for the job. Unless your son races on track or plans to a lot, this is not the right car. Get something more reasonable - Porsche 718 if you want to stay in the Porsche family...Don’t get him a car with such high limits. He would be too tempted to find them. And on public roads, that’s dangerous.
I agree that it is dangerous. I’m not sure if he will race it on track a lot, but given his passion for karting, I believe that he will try to race it quite a bit. I also agree that he will be tempted to reach the limits, I'll check out the 718, thank you for the suggestion!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:07 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
i.e. lance stroll lol.
Lance Stroll is actually a great driver given the teams he has raced for, he got on the podium with a Williams!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS for my son!