Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a 991 GT3 owners forum elsewhere?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Akunob

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

You realize that you just started a derivative value thread..the irony.
i don’t get it, simply exercise some individual responsibility
if I see a thread about “what is my car worth?” I don’t click on it
If I want to find a thread about brake pads, tire choices and lap times, I use the “SEARCH” function
i don’t need the admins to make decisions for me, just like I don’t need the govt to fix my life
its not that hard to navigate a public forum to find what you want and ignore what you don’t...
Old 04-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's separate the forum between the posers/collectors and the drivers/track guys?
That would be a very small forum
Old 04-03-2019, 10:19 PM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Self restraint. Dont click. The value threads are some of my favorites to read due to the havoc they create.

Is there a secret society one gets to join for complaining about value threads that continues to suck everyone in?

This is like reality TV for guys.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:34 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
While the admins are at it, why don't they add a sub forum for those who won't to cry about the content of the value threads. I get tired of all the value threads as much as anyone, but the constant crying about them is about as old as the value threads themselves.
Agree

Originally Posted by Akunob
If I want to find a thread about brake pads, tire choices and lap times, I use the “SEARCH” function
i don’t need the admins to make decisions for me, just like I don’t need the govt to fix my life
its not that hard to navigate a public forum to find what you want and ignore what you don’t...
+1
Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 AM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
that is a great answer ...... but they still click on it and make their usual meaningless remarks because they enjoy creating drama, so what they are is drama queens. and its always the same ones who live 24/7 on this forum
Old 04-04-2019, 03:16 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

1) Your local track.

2) The Malibu canyons...try Mullholland to Decker.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:37 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Give it time.

Every other forum I am on is 90% tech, but that is because it has to be. The cars are out of warranty and people fix the cars themselves. Go on defendersource and there is pretty much everything tech available from engine swaps, transmission rebuilds, to ground up restorations or builds. Early911s, Jeepforums, lotustalk etc. are similar. Go to the aircooled sections on RL and there is more tech. Same with 996/997.

Here some people here do suspension set up, exhaust or wheels maybe some interior mods, there is some basic servicing, tech analysis on weight and the engine issues with the .1 was interesting, but almost no one is going to tear into an in warranty GT car. I was around the defender community when they were new (back when it was a yahoo group), and that was not true. People were fitting lifts, adding superchargers, lockers, body mods, bolt on stuff etc. Jeeps and certainly import/tuner scenes are the same now, but I feel it’s less common outside of Jeep where everyone seems to bolt something on.

Anyway, you want tech, BRING THE TECH, do a mod and post a how to. But if all you want is what wheels/battery/exhaust to bolt on, or what camber to run, that’s not really tech. Tear into a PDK and fix it, that’s tech.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:04 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Give it time.

Every other forum I am on is 90% tech, but that is because it has to be. The cars are out of warranty and people fix the cars themselves. Go on defendersource and there is pretty much everything tech available from engine swaps, transmission rebuilds, to ground up restorations or builds. Early911s, Jeepforums, lotustalk etc. are similar. Go to the aircooled sections on RL and there is more tech. Same with 996/997.

Here some people here do suspension set up, exhaust or wheels maybe some interior mods, there is some basic servicing, tech analysis on weight and the engine issues with the .1 was interesting, but almost no one is going to tear into an in warranty GT car. I was around the defender community when they were new (back when it was a yahoo group), and that was not true. People were fitting lifts, adding superchargers, lockers, body mods, bolt on stuff etc. Jeeps and certainly import/tuner scenes are the same now, but I feel it’s less common outside of Jeep where everyone seems to bolt something on.

Anyway, you want tech, BRING THE TECH, do a mod and post a how to. But if all you want is what wheels/battery/exhaust to bolt on, or what camber to run, that’s not really tech. Tear into a PDK and fix it, that’s tech.
This is probably exactly right. 993 forum is basically all tech (and much less bickering).

Also I think the forums for the older cars generally have a higher percentage of people who actually own the cars rather than just want to chat about them.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:39 AM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Time will fix this problem. The "tinkerers" are in the minority. But soon, as the values are stable and known, more hobbyists will arrive.

Reminds me of rolex forums. If you have a vintage daytona, all they talk about it how much they are worth. I'd rather hear stories of which one Paul Newman wore in each race. lol!
Old 04-04-2019, 10:44 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 71 Posts

Have you tried searching the Racing & Drivers Education Forum.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...tion-forum-65/

Also there is the Performance Modifications Forum.

https://rennlist.com/forums/performa...ions-forum-66/

Good luck.
Chet
Old 04-04-2019, 11:14 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Do follow threads by Rennlisters "TRAKCAR" and "orthojoe".

Don't follow threads by Rennlister "usctrojanGT3".
Old 04-04-2019, 12:01 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

It has become fashionable to protest (insert the object of protest) to establish individuality, which in turn results in joining the crowd of protesters.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:17 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
This forum suffers from neglect. All that needs to happen is create a sub-forum to discuss pricing, and a sticky to let people know that pricing threads will be moved or deleted from the main forum. It might take 5 minutes.
I agree, some people just can't help it otherwise. People around here have a hard time understanding anything with 4 wheels is a depreciating asset and not a safe vehicle to park money... buying a car whether Honda or Porsche or Ferrari makes no sense other than for enjoyment purposes. If your source of enjoyment is minimizing loss put the money in real estate/bonds

Do follow threads by Rennlisters "TRAKCAR" and "orthojoe".

Don't follow threads by Rennlister "usctrojanGT3".
^that's called the Montana LLC Forum.

Originally Posted by ranger22
While the admins are at it, why don't they add a sub forum for those who won't to cry about the content of the value threads. I get tired of all the value threads as much as anyone, but the constant crying about them is about as old as the value threads themselves.
its called mootys thread im beginning to tread it like the 991 GT3 subforum until the speculators/flippers/Martin/people sadly stretching to get into these cars shift to 992 GT shiny objects when the 992 GT subforum pops up. I'll probably end up meeting them there LOL
Old 04-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

The only thing I stretch is my meat when I hit 9k

Old 04-04-2019, 02:44 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

It would be awesome if the group below had a forum. They add the value I look for, and none of them seem to be insecure to buy a Porsche GT. I would pay a subscription to their forum for their valuable knowledge and experience with these cars. Very likely, they would donate their forum subscription fees. List order is random:

BGB Motorsports
Clark-ApexPerformance
Trakcar
orthojoe
mooty
SCCAForums
Soul Performance
JCR-Porsche
C.J. Ichiban
Seth Thomas
Robmypro
Z356
CAlexio
Robert Linton
Izzone
MJones
SEB74 (the other Sebastian Vettel)
GRPerformance

I might have left some important ones out, but these are my favorite 991 GT3 forum posters, which leaves the lurkers, future car buyers, C&C crowd, paint correction crowd, clear bra crowd, chrome wheels crowd, marketing and sales, brokers, and a Whale that found a path to Lake Michigan out...

Quick Reply: Is there a 991 GT3 owners forum elsewhere?