Received 77 Likes on 23 Posts

I was fortunate to get an allocation
Old 05-19-2019, 12:37 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

I have a GT2RS CS coming and plan on racing it during the 24 Hours of Spa weekend as Porsche is having a 2RS CS only class as a warm up race to the big event.
This car is being built to be a great option for the remake of Ratel's GT2 Class but fitting somewhere inbetween the GT3 and GT4 class. SRO will have a GT2 class in 2010, a great place for gentlemen drivers looking for big power but not the big running costs of the GT3 class.

It should be a blast with all that power but with the reliability of a relatively stock motor and gearbox. During testing, the car hit 300kph at Monza, quite a bit higher than the GT3 class although about 2.5 - 3 seconds slower. Still, that is moving!

75 of these are coming to the US, let's hope they go to racers and not collectors.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 05-19-2019, 12:56 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
I’m just happy there’s finally a new Porsche I don’t want !
you 2?!?!
I think they are losing some old faithfuls.
half of our group are not buying anything new from PAG anymore. not b/c they cannot get allocation, but just find them boring.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:14 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
you 2?!?!
I think they are losing some old faithfuls.
half of our group are not buying anything new from PAG anymore. not b/c they cannot get allocation, but just find them boring.
PAG doesn't feel it. for every person PAG is losing, they're picking up 10 new buyers.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
75 of these are coming to the US, let's hope they go to racers and not collectors.
Good luck with that.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:55 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was lucky enough to get an allocation as well. Not sure what to do with it though. I'm not a collector car person, and I'm not sure I have the time or venue to race it. But it is supposed to be an extremely fun track car, so it's hard to pass up. Tough decision (not that I'm complaining!).
Old 05-20-2019, 08:47 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts
Talking

^ Same boat as you. Porsche did right offering these cars to drivers not hoarders, but it's backfiring a lil bit... what are folks already in Cups & R's gonna do with this car aside from the occasional track day?

I must say the "one make" race at Spa is real good effort on the part of Porsche. Can't wait to see that grid of 935s and CS'es!!
Old 05-20-2019, 11:24 PM
sbriscoe
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
^ Same boat as you. Porsche did right offering these cars to drivers not hoarders, but it's backfiring a lil bit... what are folks already in Cups & R's gonna do with this car aside from the occasional track day?

I must say the "one make" race at Spa is real good effort on the part of Porsche. Can't wait to see that grid of 935s and CS'es!!
I agree about not knowing exactly what to do with it, but I know I want to track it. Once I experience it's driving/handling characteristics, I'll see what SRO has in mind for racing it. Before this car came on the horizon, I was going to get an R. There might be body kits available to give it more aero.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:04 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by sbriscoe
I agree about not knowing exactly what to do with it, but I know I want to track it. Once I experience it's driving/handling characteristics, I'll see what SRO has in mind for racing it. Before this car came on the horizon, I was going to get an R. There might be body kits available to give it more aero.
No rules, make your own
Old 05-31-2019, 03:19 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I was told there are 25 entires so far for Spa, that should be fun!

But for those that have asked me via PM, I would think the car will have plenty of places to compete:

-SRO GT2 Class

-PCA

-Pirelli Trophy Cup USA

-IGT

-POC

-NASA

There are several Thermal members getting them and Thermal will have multiple race weekends as well as an enduro this coming fall/winter, so this car should be fun for those events as we already see a bunch of older GT3 spec cars being run by members.

Last thought, we have prepped at least a dozen GT2RS's in the shop for track duty and half of them wished they had the opportunity to have a GT2RS CS as they want the big power but reliability and safety of a stock Porsche engine and gearbox....
Old 06-16-2019, 06:28 PM
sbriscoe
Rennlist Member

Default Any MR upgrades suitable for GT2RS CS?

James, do you have any thoughts on what else could be done to the GT2RS CS to make it better, ala any MR upgrades?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2019, 10:51 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well the car will be running at min weight, min ride height and no restrictor. The car will be fast enough for most.
You can always run more aero and maybe try and fit a bigger tire up front but for the most part, this car will be more than most can handle.
I will let you know after the Spa weekend as I am meeting with some upper mgmt at Porsche during this weekend so I can pick their brains about future cars, racing, etc.

Cheers,
Old 06-19-2019, 02:14 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

The CS will be plenty fast as is.

The 991.2 GT3R in qual trim on Pirelli DH is expected to run Spa in the 2:18's (Pro class with with SRO BOP). Front of pro grid in Carrera Cup France, in the .2 Cup on Michelin N2, is :21.

I'd hazard to guess that, when the dust settles at the July one-make event, 935/CS pole times will be similar to the BOP-restricted R: tires being same as Cup, wing drag more than offset by the +200bhp, plus ability to go beyond the envelope with TC+ABS...

Now, short of modding the 935/CS to use double-wishbone GT3R front geometry, I don't think there'll be lots of low hanging fruits in single-lap speed or handling. But why would anyone mod these things in the first place? The CS is same money as a GT3R... get the R if you want all-out GT3 performance...

Stu will you go this July?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:46 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sbriscoe
James, do you have any thoughts on what else could be done to the GT2RS CS to make it better, ala any MR upgrades?

Thanks
Mr will (might) have something, but not from the street program. If regulations allow, suspension would be the first thing, ohlins, nitrons or go tractive. Car really does have everything already. Most you can do is go into a weight loss program, titanium, magnesium and aluminium wherever you can. Swap exhaust for the tinnest sheet of inconel with an heatwrap for example. A couple of grams here and there and soon you are with a 50kg advantage.
Check regs, see what it isn't specified and try to edge on those. You will feel like a race Team and engineering manager as well as a racing driver all in 1.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:06 AM
sbriscoe
Rennlist Member

CRex,
I had planned on going in July but I didn't want to take away the seat time I was working on to be more competitive for the last 2 SRO races with Andrew. After spending nearly 2 weeks at the Glen getting ready for the SRO race there in late August I went home and hurt my back at our store, when I should have waited the weekend for the warehouse guys to take care of some things. I am now facing back surgery and the rehab time, putting me out for a while. Now I am looking to see if KMR can find someone that needs to finish the season in my place co-driving with Andrew and in need of buying my 718 SRO, since a couple of drivers wrecked theirs and mine might be the perfect solution due to lack of 718's by PMNA.

My goals are now to get my back healthy for next season and figure out what I will be driving, depending on what SRO decides to create for the 2CS.

Last 2 weeks have been doing PT to get my back ready for surgery to make the rehab go quickly. Already had nerve root injections this week which gave me all of 30 minutes of relief, so ablation is not an option. Will head to HSS in NY next for evaluation and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ordering GT2 RS Clubsport?