Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An ADM Story - You think Porsche is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 03:16 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Two Words : **** THEM
Old 02-03-2019, 04:17 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Blessing in disguise. A Mercedes Benz is absolute junk
Old 02-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

We are all so fortunate when you think about it. We are buying products that can have five and six figure markups on them! The mark-up themselves could buy extremely nice “normal” vehicles.

I also have never paid an ADM before and never will. I will drive a Honda Accord (at least a 2.0 turbo, haha) before I pay an ADM. I have a loaded GMC Sierra as a daily driver that I got a few months ago. I drove an hour out of town to save $800 versus buying from my local preferred dealer. I’m pretty cheap. A dollar saved, right?
Old 02-03-2019, 05:41 PM
FrenchieDadRS
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
next time send you wife to the dealership and grind their time.
my wife makes more than I do.
she coupons, she uses rewards points, she goes back to the store when they forgot to put her $2 item in the bag
my mother is worse, you short her ONE PENNY, you would not hear the end of it. most ppl would rather just kill themself then short her one penny.
I think I will send my mother to Carlsen tmo. he has money and time...
hell maybe I sent her there with her mah Jong friends...
LOL! Let me know date and time, I'll send my mother too.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:04 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealer doesn't give a rat's *** they will find some wannabe Kardashian or soccer mom who won't think twice about the ADM. Its still cheaper than a Bentayga and more rare than a RR.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see Salomondrin's wife just got a very similar spec wagon. Wonder if it was yours??
Must have been hard but I think you did the right thing and walked away. I also think that if you and your wife want one, get one from another dealer and don't listen to others opinions on depreciation. Every other RL thread tells us to forget mileage and depreciation and to drive and enjoy.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:07 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,389 Likes on 752 Posts

Attitudes like that (and Porsche stealerships as well) gives me fond memories of buying cars in 2008. I know it's bad for a lot of people, but market adjustment is generally accompanied by attitude adjustment. I'm cashing up waiting for the right moment.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:44 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Imagine going to Target and things are priced like this. You see a blow dryer on the shelf, the price is $20. You get to the register and the cashier tells you it is $25 because a lot of people want it right now. That entire shopping cart would be sitting there as we headed for the exits. All you can do is walk away, ban that dealership for life, and spread the word.

Terrible way to run a business.
Not a good example. Federal law requires all new cars have the MSRP conspicuously placed on the car. As far as I know, no other product has this requirement. Target can put whatever price they want on their products. You may be paying ADM but you don’t know it. More cars than buyers, discounts. More buyers than cars, ADM. if the law didn’t require a published price you wouldn’t know what the ADM or discount was.
The following users liked this post:
sgtm7 (03-08-2020)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:08 PM
higx
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have agreed to the ADM, insisted on test driving it before finishing the paperwork, accidentally hit a pole, then change my mind.
Rxpert (03-07-2020)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by James Walker
. More buyers than cars, ADM. if the law didn’t require a published price you wouldn’t know what the ADM or discount was.
you're missing the point. The OP had shaken hands on a price, and when the car arrived the dealer told him to pay up or go **** himself. A deal is a deal, nothing to do with "more buyers than cars, ADM".
Old 02-03-2019, 11:13 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I have had 4 range rovers

They changed the seats and made the car touch screen for MY2018

The front seats are awful now, and the electronics freeze up all the time

I sold mine after 6 months
yes we forced the dealer to buy back our 19 RR Sport. Electronics were garbage. 30 days in shop out of first 60. Never again. On to Audi now and wife loves SQ5
Old 02-03-2019, 11:37 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
you're missing the point. The OP had shaken hands on a price, and when the car arrived the dealer told him to pay up or go **** himself. A deal is a deal, nothing to do with "more buyers than cars, ADM".
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the contract said “market price”. We all know the party with the best paperwork wins. If the contract says market price that could be more or less than MSRP. What else could it mean. I understand the disappointment OP felt but the dealer did what was written. Contracts to buy cars have lots of outs for buyer and seller. The buyer was under no obligation to perform although he wanted to do so. The dealer was obligated to do what the contract said, which was “market price”. The OP was surprised because he had an expectation that was not supported by his paperwork.
sgtm7 (03-08-2020)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by James Walker

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the contract said “market price”.
The contract said market price but the sales guy repeatedly said sticker.

Although the contract we signed when we paid the deposit stated that the price would be determined based upon market conditions when the car arrived, no mention of ADM ever occurred. We were told numerous times verbally (stupid me) that the car was MSRP.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:50 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
The contract said market price but the sales guy repeatedly said sticker.
What the sales guy said is not enforceable when it is contradicted by a written agreement even if he admitted it. These contracts generally indicate they must be accepted by a manager which implies the salesperson has no authority to promise anything orally or in writing.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:59 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
They'll be sticker soon. You'll get one and then service it there with the other dealers license frame.
Service it elsewhere (more profit in service $ than sale $, which is why the ADM). Don't give the Laguna dealer a penny.

Quick Reply: An ADM Story - You think Porsche is bad?