The “Unofficial” GT3RS Production Number Stats

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 03:04 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Wow, that's an incredible amount..
As I've posted before, the amazing thing about the 991 platform is how freakin amazing it performs; not how collectible it is. It's collectibility/value-holding is a fuzzy, fuzzy picture to me. So i just buy, drive, sell, rinse, repeat.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Dot23RS is estimating 1650 .2 RS for North America, not World Wide. Big difference.
Agreed. Big difference, however, the only market of relevance to me here in NJ is s the market for North America. that's the only number that matters to me. The number of RSs in WW is irrelevant to me especially right hand drives.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

Cool, can you pm me the vin or commission number? The only chalk, PCCB, Non WP, Non led I have has Light design package and build date was 7/26/18.
PM Sent
Old 01-01-2019, 12:29 PM
once4all
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I am very suspicious how forward looking those "projections" made by .23RS are and his changing numbers are worth anything more than just a tally up of VIN plates. Not too long ago he "projected" ~ half of what he is saying now, remember? I have said all the way along there will be more 2019 3RS than 2016, he was dismissing but not anymore. Total 911 cited people with connection 3RS production will have a temp halt in Spring but resume in Summer. So it is likely there will be significantly more numbers than the .1 version. Percent of NA GT cars have held steady from the then 40% to 33% now so don't be fooled to think the increase is outside of US. Yes, 1700 units for one MY of GT3RS is a huge number and will flood the market. Good luck to those who think these cars will hold their "values".
Old 01-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by once4all
I am very suspicious how forward looking those "projections" made by .23RS are and his changing numbers are worth anything more than just a tally up of VIN plates. Not too long ago he "projected" ~ half of what he is saying now, remember? I have said all the way along there will be more 2019 3RS than 2016, he was dismissing but not anymore. Total 911 cited people with connection 3RS production will have a temp halt in Spring but resume in Summer. So it is likely there will be significantly more numbers than the .1 version. Percent of NA GT cars have held steady from the then 40% to 33% now so don't be fooled to think the increase is outside of US. Yes, 1700 units for one MY of GT3RS is a huge number and will flood the market. Good luck to those who think these cars will hold their "values".
Even 1700 to 2000 units for North America is an infinitesimal number compared to the market for these cars.
My bet is there are way more Perfs Huracan, 488's. That market is not flooded.

I think PAG has always been sensitive to the historical value retention of their cars especially GT cars. Always hard to balance meeting demand versus flooding market and affecting value retention which is a component to why so many demand these cars. They know "value" retention is a part of their "value".

With the Speedster and all the 992 models heading to production I don't believe 991 3RS production will go beyond 1st Q. Many already thinking 992GT3 which has been spied testing.

.1RS production was over a full year. More like a 1.5 years. The .2 3RS won't go anywhere near that long.

Even now 2 year old .1 3RSs are selling within 10% to 15% of MSRP used. Not bad at all especially when compared to all the other marks. Try that trick with another mark. By a Mac 600LT today at $300K. I will buy it from you next year at $200K. Buy a Perf at $300K today and I will buy it from you at $230K next year. Buy at .2 3RS for $220K today and I will buy it from you for $210K next year.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:26 PM
once4all
Instructor

Waxer, I think Pcar's RS models are more appropriately compared to Stradale/Scuderia/Speciale's of other high end of sports car makers. Do that comparison I am not seeing perceived exclusivity or any advantage in value retention. Lower priced cars retain values better, in general. It is not fair to compare cars 200K vs. 350K MSRP.

Porsche makes so many variants of GT models using the same engine adding some tweaks including 911R and Speedster with a number plate. You need to include those too. These cars are supposed to be more exclusive. Too many GT cars from Porsche.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Waxer, I think Pcar's RS models are more appropriately compared to Stradale/Scuderia/Speciale's of other high end of sports car makers. Do that comparison I am not seeing perceived exclusivity or any advantage in value retention. Lower priced cars retain values better, in general. It is not fair to compare cars 200K vs. 350K MSRP.

Porsche makes so many variants of GT models using the same engine adding some tweaks including 911R and Speedster with a number plate. You need to include those too. These cars are supposed to be more exclusive. Too many GT cars from Porsche.
Look at all the 488 variations and Huracan varieties. Less Porsche GT variations I think.

I think the Carrera GTS and T are the equivalent of the standard 430, 488 etc.

Porsche GTs and RS more equal to the Scud , Chsllenge Pista offerings but for much less $$$.

Point is for the money the Porsche GT cars provide the best performance for the buck and thus retain value very well. Yes I think Pista will hold value. Look at Challenge Stradale and Scud. Perf not so much. Why? Not sure just historical data as to the last Perf.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:00 PM
once4all
Instructor

Back to 997 era they did not have so many marketing plays on "special editions". The numbers of 991 GT3RS's are ~ tripled from 997 days (both WW and NA), and ~ quadrupled including those special editions. I know the economy has changed and China/India are richer etc, but world GDP has not increased by 2 fold in the past decade. Porsche has become too greedy because they can (until they can't).

Happy New Year by the way.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Look at all the 488 variations and Huracan varieties. Less Porsche GT variations I think.

I think the Carrera GTS and T are the equivalent of the standard 430, 488 etc.

Porsche GTs and RS more equal to the Scud , Chsllenge Pista offerings but for much less $$$.

Point is for the money the Porsche GT cars provide the best performance for the buck and thus retain value very well. Yes I think Pista will hold value. Look at Challenge Stradale and Scud. Perf not so much. Why? Not sure just historical data as to the last Perf.
I agree totally with these statements. Some of the limited edition non hypercar Ferraris will appreciate greatly over msrp whereby the only current P cars to do so are their halo cars, CGT, 918. The GTs do not have that attribute, although they are a great value at their msrp.

Last edited by Miamistv; 01-01-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Back to 997 era they did not have so many marketing plays on "special editions". The numbers of 991 GT3RS's are ~ tripled from 997 days (both WW and NA), and ~ quadrupled including those special editions. I know the economy has changed and China/India are richer etc, but world GDP has not increased by 2 fold in the past decade. Porsche has become too greedy because they can (until they can't).

And that is why 997RSs will hold their value the best.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Happy New Year to u2.
997 RS hold value very well but VERY sensitive to mileage.
I think GT car and RS market grew since 997 era. PAG underestimated GT/RS demand and did not make that mistake twice.

All manufacturers are greedy. It’s all about the bottom line. PAG doesn’t have a monopoly on greed not by a long shot.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:51 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 354 Posts

Hey!!

feeling so special and in the minority here...

no ceramics, no front axle lift and no extended fuel tank

woohoo!!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:33 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

You can thank the introduction of PDK into the 991 GT line for opening up the market to a much broader audience...

Originally Posted by Waxer
Happy New Year to u2.
997 RS hold value very well but VERY sensitive to mileage.
I think GT car and RS market grew since 997 era. PAG underestimated GT/RS demand and did not make that mistake twice.

All manufacturers are greedy. It’s all about the bottom line. PAG doesn’t have a monopoly on greed not by a long shot.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:10 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
You can thank the introduction of PDK into the 991 GT line for opening up the market to a much broader audience...
I totally agree!!
Old 01-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Likely a big factor

Quick Reply: The “Unofficial” GT3RS Production Number Stats