Sponsored by:

GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM
edcli
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Wanted to see if my 2018 GT3 was delayed at port
I called the 800 and no mention of a delay. Arrived to port today.
Delivery to dealer last week Dec ~ mid-Jan
Old 12-13-2018, 01:47 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by edcli
Wanted to see if my 2018 GT3 was delayed at port
I called the 800 and no mention of a delay. Arrived to port today.
Delivery to dealer last week Dec ~ mid-Jan
I also called that number. No delay in their system. They suggested checking with dealer as they would know more.

The dealer confirmed the delay. No explanation yet as to why.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:55 PM
edcli
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
I also called that number. No delay in their system. They suggested checking with dealer as they would know more.

The dealer confirmed the delay. No explanation yet as to why.
Hmm you're probably correct.
I'm not even going to email him.
I'll get it when I get it.
No rush. It's winter and it's only a car anyway.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:56 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 575 Posts

will hold till hear from dealer , but for now assume car is delayed
Old 12-13-2018, 01:59 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyGT3
Latest from Porsche. Confirmed my car is affected. No confirmation on whether it's an engine quality action or paint as I suspected earlier in this thread. Can't believe this... smh.
I find it interesting that Porsche has confirmed the delay, but they give us JACK S on what the delay is from... Better to keep your customers informed rather then have a thread full of speculation....just don't get their approach...
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by GT325
Which port?
Davisville.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:07 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris88
I sure remember that! PCNA wasn't helpful at all during that time. I heard from a reliable source at Rennsport that the touring hold should have never happened...it was a mistake. Fortunately, I was generously compensated for them taking my car back for 2 months.
It worked out in the end for me, as I got another allocation when the first car showed up with some damage and got PTS on the second allocation. But I have to say I was very happy to not get caught up in this delay and I wish all those concerned the best of luck.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin1244
Current owners should urgently be receiving notifications from the dealer or the factory if it is a quality issue; especially if there is a chance of the engine catching fire. Obviously current cars on the roads are more of a liability than a car that is not delivered yet. I have not received anything or any bulletin warning of any problems about my car. Got delivery of mine (3RS) in early Nov.

Great point
This is why you want a late production car, you get all the upgrades at the factory

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
This does not present as a sales manipulation. This would not make sense, since cars are delivered in country and held with valid sales orders. This is likely a QC or recall issue - strange is that one would expect that PAG would have learned its better to get ahead of this sort of issue. Time will tell.
Not from sales profit numbers but I can think of one way this makes sense

CAFE - Corporate Average Fuel Economy calculation.

Serious penalties to whole fleet if the numbers don't meet limits. Porsche needs to meet these and our GT cars are counter to this. They might be holding back these until 2019 rolls over to avoid CAFE penalties.
Pure speculation but a valid reason to hold off on deliveries
Old 12-13-2018, 02:17 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

1. Should we expect or ask for full detail and paint correction for this mess? (Considering the car may be left outside in the snow with those temp covers on - no way is that good for the paint).

2. Should we expect or ask for compensation for cars being held up?

I am totally grateful for being able to order a 2018 GT3 Manual... However, receiving a 2018 car in April of 2019 seems very strange.
I don't think they'll compensate for any delay at the port. I only got it because I actually took delivery (for 3 days).
Old 12-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 208 Posts

1. Should we expect or ask for full detail and paint correction for this mess? (Considering the car may be left outside in the snow with those temp covers on - no way is that good for the paint).

2. Should we expect or ask for compensation for cars being held up?

I am totally grateful for being able to order a 2018 GT3 Manual... However, receiving a 2018 car in April of 2019 seems very strange.

Porsche sent us all a letter saying we got two free oil changes for the 3 month delay. Alls I know is that my brakes were rusty as all hell from it just sitting outside for that long. Sat there for 3 months w the rain,wind, extreme heat. I got an extra oil change. Geez thanks Porsche.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:57 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Great point
This is why you want a late production car, you get all the upgrades at the factory

Not from sales profit numbers but I can think of one way this makes sense

CAFE - Corporate Average Fuel Economy calculation.

Serious penalties to whole fleet if the numbers don't meet limits. Porsche needs to meet these and our GT cars are counter to this. They might be holding back these until 2019 rolls over to avoid CAFE penalties.
Pure speculation but a valid reason to hold off on deliveries
I thought about that, but I can’t see a way that makes sense to hold until April. Also, the fine per .1 mpg under is not a ton of money and would be gobbled up by storage fees.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:25 PM
GT3PDL
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

If you look at your shipping report the affected cars appear to have the following verbiage, "Shipment Block 05 Quality Action"
Old 12-13-2018, 03:25 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilfij

I thought about that, but I can’t see a way that makes sense to hold until April. Also, the fine per .1 mpg under is not a ton of money and would be gobbled up by storage fees.
Plus why would they only pull GT3 and GT3RS? Seems like they'd get GT2RS as well, but thus far that doesn't seem to be the case
Old 12-13-2018, 03:33 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by cobrien
Plus why would they only pull GT3 and GT3RS? Seems like they'd get GT2RS as well, but thus far that doesn't seem to be the case
We know both GT3 and RS models are involved. We know that manual and PDK versions are involved. So far GT2 RS models are not involved. Things sure point to an engine related issue. All speculation at this stage.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:38 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robmypro

We know both GT3 and RS models are involved. We know that manual and PDK versions are involved. So far GT2 RS models are not involved. Things sure point to an engine related issue. All speculation at this stage.
Yep, that would unfortunately be the common component. Which then leads to the question of which cars are affected - just a small batch, all cars built after a certain date, or all .2 GT3/GT3RS?

Quick Reply: GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April