Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chubb Insurance $8500 a year lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 12:03 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I use Chubb for my home(they are the only one that would cover me due to replacement costs, other insurers said no), they also insure my watches, my wifes purses/jewlery, and few other things. The nice thing about Chubb is that they come in, evaluate everything, take pics etc, you agree on the replacement value and they give you a premium. You can also have kidnap/ransom insurance etc if required, if your company doesn't provide enough for your comfort. They can custom write policies. Chubb was recently acquired but the service has stayed the same.

I use Allstate for some daily drivers, progressive for bikes, American Modern for high dollar cars. I have had claims with no issue with AM, Allstate, Chubb. It is also best to have an umbrella.

Everyone hates paying insurance, but you only need it when sh*t happens. Being in the medical field I know the ramifications of bad insurance. I prefer to be overinsured vs underinsured.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
I use Chubb for my home(they are the only one that would cover me due to replacement costs, other insurers said no), they also insure my watches, my wifes purses/jewlery, and few other things. The nice thing about Chubb is that they come in, evaluate everything, take pics etc, you agree on the replacement value and they give you a premium. You can also have kidnap/ransom insurance etc if required, if your company doesn't provide enough for your comfort. They can custom write policies. Chubb was recently acquired but the service has stayed the same.

I use Allstate for some daily drivers, progressive for bikes, American Modern for high dollar cars. I have had claims with no issue with AM, Allstate, Chubb. It is also best to have an umbrella.

Everyone hates paying insurance, but you only need it when sh*t happens. Being in the medical field I know the ramifications of bad insurance. I prefer to be overinsured vs underinsured.
Chubb is by far the best but more expensive.

I am insured with Chubb. They are more expensive but if you have a claim they don’t try and screw you like the others. They write you a check.

My premium for my RS is no where near $8k.

My advice to my clients is buy the best coverage you can afford. Especially make sure you have high liability and um and uim limits. How many people do you pass on the road each day do you think have crap coverage or no coverage?. Answer.. lots. What happens if they cream you and you have crap limits? Bad.

Accidents are called accidents because there not planned and it can happen to you.

little story but see this day in and out. Client partially paralyzed in accident. Hit by illegal (sorry “undocumented worker” for libs). So what kind of insurance do you think he had ? Not good.

Our client saved money with Progressive and Flo on line. Translation ... his coverage was crap. Turned out it was the most expensive mistake of his life.

Don’t be that ^ guy.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by avusm3
Don't want to jinx myself here but $1,001/yr for '14 GT3 with Liberty Mutual in New Hampshire. $1k deductible, but with full glass coverage. The age of the car probably helps.
​​​​​​
new Hampshire probably helps the most. Insurance rates vary wildly by location. When I moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn my rates doubled overnight. When I moved from Brooklyn to CT they went down by 60%.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Rate for a car also depends on how many cars you have. Incremental cars are cheaper, AFAIK. Last car I bought another car and the increase in my umbrella was 50% the cost of my additional auto insurance.

Maybe Chubb doesn't screw you on a claim...maybe..but they do screw you on the premium every year. Pick your poison. Personally, I am fine with self insuring so I don't need to pay Chubb an excessive vig. I looked at Pure, once upon a time. Seemed like the fashionable choice at the time, but, IIRC, it was more than Chubb.

I have made so few claims in 20 years, it's hard for me to say, who is good. They are all fine if you have no claim If you have a claim..well, caveat emptor.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:29 AM
GT325
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Semitone
Rate for a car also depends on how many cars you have. Incremental cars are cheaper, AFAIK. Last car I bought another car and the increase in my umbrella was 50% the cost of my additional auto insurance.

Maybe Chubb doesn't screw you on a claim...maybe..but they do screw you on the premium every year. Pick your poison. Personally, I am fine with self insuring so I don't need to pay Chubb an excessive vig. I looked at Pure, once upon a time. Seemed like the fashionable choice at the time, but, IIRC, it was more than Chubb.

I have made so few claims in 20 years, it's hard for me to say, who is good. They are all fine if you have no claim If you have a claim..well, caveat emptor.
Every situation different but when I switched from CHUBB to PURE my premiums were significantly lower. Primarily for auto. The coverages and service seem similar to CHUBB I just couldn't justify their premium increase for my tesla with CHUBB, but they have an impeccable reputation and I never had any trouble with them.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GT325
I never had any trouble with them.

Here in lies the rub. I've had one claim in 20 years., so my data is limited.

I have never had a problem with any insurance company that I haven't filed a claim. So if you have had no claim, then I am not surprised you haven't had an issue. If you have had 2 or more claims, I start t wonder what type of customer you are. One claim, is an anecdote and not data. This isn't meant to be personal, just a problem with evaluating insurance companies, in general. It seems the only people who have dealt with companies consistently are insurance agents...and they are conflicted, IMO. In the end, you pays your money and you take your chances. I value a dollar in my pocket more than I value a promise/contract from an insurance company. YMMV
Old 12-08-2018, 02:03 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Chubb is by far the best but more expensive.

I am insured with Chubb. They are more expensive but if you have a claim they don’t try and screw you like the others. They write you a check.

My premium for my RS is no where near $8k.

My advice to my clients is buy the best coverage you can afford. Especially make sure you have high liability and um and uim limits. How many people do you pass on the road each day do you think have crap coverage or no coverage?. Answer.. lots. What happens if they cream you and you have crap limits? Bad.

Accidents are called accidents because there not planned and it can happen to you.

little story but see this day in and out. Client partially paralyzed in accident. Hit by illegal (sorry “undocumented worker” for libs). So what kind of insurance do you think he had ? Not good.

Our client saved money with Progressive and Flo on line. Translation ... his coverage was crap. Turned out it was the most expensive mistake of his life.

Don’t be that ^ guy.

^ Agreed for medical coverage.

My understanding is UIM is only needed if the insured's alternate medical policy is inadequate. If an uninsured motorist strikes you causing only property damage to your car, your collision takes precedence including a total loss, yes?

Last edited by 911dev; 12-08-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:29 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to have PURE which is at the same level as Chub and it's agreed value but all of a sudden they decided to jack up their prices 40% without any notice. Called my agent and he switched me over to Cincinnati Insurance. They're also considered "high end" agreed value company. My auto premiums came back to what I was paying previously and my home and umbrella ended up being a little cheaper.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:37 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Friendly reminder that Stated Value and Agreed Value policies aren't the same.

​​​​​​
Old 12-09-2018, 12:30 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I love Chubb and pay about $2100/2400 a year for GT3/RS 200/250k agreed value and I'm 37 years old with a speeding ticket. That 8k doesn't sound even close to right unless you have some serious driving violations ??
Old 12-09-2018, 12:31 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Have and had many cars with Chubb - my .1 3 RS was 2.4k from menory. Big discount for having extra cars with them - this was with an agreed value north of MSRP as well.
Same, exactly.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I love Chubb and pay about $2100/2400 a year for GT3/RS 200/250k agreed value and I'm 37 years old with a speeding ticket. That 8k doesn't sound even close to right unless you have some serious driving violations ??
CLEAN license
Old 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM
marshgator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depends on agreed value and deductible. If you want to partially (higher deductible) self insure as I do (because I won't be using the car as much) then a high deductible will lower your costs. My 911 R costs less than $2000/yr with a higher deductible. I'm not concerned about losses so much as total losses. My insurer is American Modern, a Geico co..I have another collectible with AMI; Geico insures my other 2 cars.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:57 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by marshgator
It all depends on agreed value and deductible. If you want to partially (higher deductible) self insure as I do (because I won't be using the car as much) then a high deductible will lower your costs. My 911 R costs less than $2000/yr with a higher deductible. I'm not concerned about losses so much as total losses. My insurer is American Modern, a Geico co..I have another collectible with AMI; Geico insures my other 2 cars.
American Modern has a great priced premium for an agreed value of 230K. However, picking up a loaf of bread at the supermarket is an uncovered event SMDH
Old 12-10-2018, 03:21 PM
marshgator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is covered for insurance. Not events??? Don't know what you're talking about uncovered events?? Never heard of that.

Quick Reply: Chubb Insurance $8500 a year lol