Sponsored by:

Supercharger on GT3 RS .2 ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 12:16 AM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by venom51
A supercharged car is no longer naturally aspirated....just sayin'.
Haha.. my Bad.. stand corrected absolutely!
700 hp none turbo charged. 😄
Old 06-01-2019, 12:18 AM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
Thats good, thats what it is suppose to be, Actors are to entertain. Kinda like the Bear riding a tricycle. entertaining, not serious. just for the kids!
He is also a good driver i believe.. his lap times at Auto Club speedway are decent...
Old 06-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by yojimbo007
Im subscriber..i’v seen all his videos... love them.. very entertaining.
Yeah, like the one where they used an impact gun to remove his center locks. A real scream...or the one where he drives down some dirt road to an armpit of a track to drift it around and he crunches up the front end. Another knee slapper.

Yuck.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:53 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Yeah, like the one where they used an impact gun to remove his center locks. A real scream...or the one where he drives down some dirt road to an armpit of a track to drift it around and he crunches up the front end. Another knee slapper.

Yuck.
Or the one where he speeds with a 9 years old in the car and they do donuts? Or when he does multiple launch controls Downtown LA?

I'm not gonna post it here, just go watch at min 6:30.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nendo
This Mondi guy is quite entertaining, Ive been following him for a while now. His money, he can do whatever the F he wants with it. I personally would never treat my cars like he does but to each his own. This board is pretty pretentious at times. There is a new generation of Porsche enthusiasts these days and they are not only doctors and lawyers.

Supercharging the car seems like a recipe of disaster but I'm glad he is doing it so we can see the impending doom unfold.
"Everybody loves a train wreck"

Originally Posted by venom51
A supercharged car is no longer naturally aspirated....just sayin'.
Hmmmm, forced Induction.
Perhaps Porsche should consider that....
Old 06-01-2019, 12:39 PM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Look, i gotta say i give props to Mondi.

I opened a thread many months ago about a cringe video he put up, with removing the Centre Locks with a rattle gun. Admittedly it was HIM doing it, it was a mechanic.

I may be biased as i subscribe to his YT Channel & Insta. But i like the guy.
He DRIVES his cars. There was a comment above about "Rich parents buying his things". I dont think thats the case at all, if his videos are anything to go by.

Someone above mentioned his driving skills also. I think he is a quite capable driver to say the least. Excellent car control. And also know how to have fun, taking cars beyond their limits.

Sure they do crazy outlandish things for YT subscribers etc. S/C a GT3RS is nuts. I agree with that. I wouldnt do it. I would get a GT2RS and play with that. But props to him.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:46 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by goldberg
Look, i gotta say i give props to Mondi.

I opened a thread many months ago about a cringe video he put up, with removing the Centre Locks with a rattle gun. Admittedly it was HIM doing it, it was a mechanic.

I may be biased as i subscribe to his YT Channel & Insta. But i like the guy.
He DRIVES his cars. There was a comment above about "Rich parents buying his things". I dont think thats the case at all, if his videos are anything to go by.

Someone above mentioned his driving skills also. I think he is a quite capable driver to say the least. Excellent car control. And also know how to have fun, taking cars beyond their limits.

Sure they do crazy outlandish things for YT subscribers etc. S/C a GT3RS is nuts. I agree with that. I wouldnt do it. I would get a GT2RS and play with that. But props to him.

I'd rather see garage queens than morons with GT cars on the street. Him and the whole YouTube stars crowd including Alex Choi and DDE.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 PM
goldberg
Racer

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
I'd rather see garage queens than morons with GT cars on the street. Him and the whole YouTube stars crowd including Alex Choi and DDE.
Hahaha.

I CANT STAND that DDE.

But you gotta give these guys props (Mondi) and now you mention it Alex Choy.
Yeah, its totally left field of anything we would do. But its entertaining to watch.

Look, were all going to have different opinions. But i for one love to watch, and see the results.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:08 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He’s already wrecked the front once and crashed it with 520 hp. Why not add a blower and really put it in a wall this time.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:19 PM
grl.racr
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think RL is more savage than the YT comments section lmao.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:19 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Just another rich kid driving around in his fancy car that his parents bought them.
they have nothing better to do with their lives than makes stupid YouTube videos that 13 year old kids watch.
You drank too much hateraid Nick.

Dont be hater man. Love and let live!
Old 06-01-2019, 02:08 PM
goldberg
Racer

Originally Posted by grl.racr
I think RL is more savage than the YT comments section lmao.
LOL
Old 06-01-2019, 02:19 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I don't think it will be an issue at all, i also don't think he will have the car for a long period of time. its not about the car, its about the youtube reviews. So once people get bored with the content. a new car will appear. Its marketing and advertising, not the actual need or want to supercharge it. He has had 2 or 3 exhausts made to make it louder or whatever, and that ok too! Its just an argument that is moot, as its not about the car or his desire to supercharge it. Its the push to get more viewers and more advertising. Its business!
I doubt this is the case. There's plenty of ways to get a much higher ROI when it comes to car content on Youtube. In fact, Porsches are some of the worst converting cars on Youtube, hence why most of the larger channels focus on Ferrari, Lamborghini, and McLaren.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:11 PM
crayon991
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

IMHO putting FI onto the GT3/RS is missing the entire point of owning this car
Old 06-01-2019, 08:17 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
You drank too much hateraid Nick.

Dont be hater man. Love and let live!
So many here with same issue.. envy. Envy of people who actually live their life, not by convention, or god forbid worrying about "values" but instead live life with sheer gusto, with imagination, and DGAF mindset for what anyone else thinks. Hilarious to read criticism about this guy "putting a loud exhaust" on his car.. my god how many exhaust threads do we have?

Criticism of 700hp?.. gt2rs anyone? Why turbocharge but not supercharge? Is hybrid ok.? What a joke.. so many living in fear of stepping outside the lines, so they wish to hold others back in similar ways.

Quick Reply: Supercharger on GT3 RS .2 ????