Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:30 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,234 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Bughunter
A dealer joy-riding a customer car? I used to believe it would only happen with valet parking until;
- My car was returned with an extra 70 miles on it when I brought it in to check the brakes.
- My next car was returned with an extra 10 miles on it when it was brand new when I had the clear bra, tint treatment done at the dealer. And this after I explicitly told them to NOT drive it.

That last time I also had footage of my dashcam that showed them using my car to run an errand, had it sit idle for 45 minutes to make it more comfortable for the tech to drive from one bay to another in the FL heat. And one tech using a rag to wipe his sweat and then taking the same rag to hold the Alcantara steering wheel. The footage was only partial, because they disconnected the cam when it beeped on them, alerting them of its presence.

I do not trust them anymore than valets at this point...
this is what happens when daddy lets jr run the car dealership
Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
this is what happens when daddy lets jr run the car dealership
lol, this is why max only has 9 fingers. he won’t make many mistakes. only 9 more fingers to go and ten more toes.

120 miles. that’s not a test drive.
I would ask who tested it and i’ll can test drive his gal for 120 miles. it’s only fair
Old 11-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Dr. Z
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Update...My friend received an email from the SA and apparently there is a communication from Porsche AG entitled "Delivery Miles"...that states that Porsche will randomly select a few cars from the production line and conduct dynamometer testing at the factory not on the road........these test cars may have up to 150 miles on the odometer when they arrive at the dealership....this testing is done to verify the stated gas mileage numbers and emission numbers for entry into the US....
He also called PCNA and they verified this is true.....
I think that the SA wanted to let him know that his car may possibly be one of the the cars that was chosen.....if it indeed was delivered with up to 150 miles.....
Since GT3s are produced in Flacht at a different facility and this is a custom ordered car I think the chance would be very small that a GT3 would be chosen.....
I do not think that anything dishonest or fishy is going on.....just trying to be upfront with the customer.....
Old 11-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Z
Since GT3s are produced in Flacht at a different facility and this is a custom ordered car I think the chance would be very small that a GT3 would be chosen.....
GT3 are produced in zuffenhausen along with every other 911, Boxster and Cayman. All on the same production line. Even cup cars start there.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:49 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts

Here is my theory. PAG may need to emissions certify the 2019 GT models. Maybe that is why they may have to do this. The whole thing is a bit strange.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Type certification for a 3 month production must be expensive ... Nobody has heard of any GT3 Touring scheduled to arrive after March, have they?
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
Here is my theory. PAG may need to emissions certify the 2019 GT models. Maybe that is why they may have to do this. The whole thing is a bit strange.
Maybe something exceptional is happening like a variance certification...
Old 11-21-2018, 07:28 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Update...My friend received an email from the SA and apparently there is a communication from Porsche AG entitled "Delivery Miles"...that states that Porsche will randomly select a few cars from the production line and conduct dynamometer testing at the factory not on the road........these test cars may have up to 150 miles on the odometer when they arrive at the dealership....this testing is done to verify the stated gas mileage numbers and emission numbers for entry into the US....
I think that the SA wanted to let him know that his car may possibly be one of the the cars that was chosen.....if it indeed was delivered with up to 150 miles.....
I do not think that anything dishonest or fishy is going on.....just trying to be upfront with the customer.....
1) No GT3s are built in Flacht
2) If PAG decides to test drive the car it will come with a statement from PAG stating as such as well as additional info.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:08 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

....Porsche will randomly select a few cars from the production line and conduct dynamometer testing at the factory not on the road........these test cars may have up to 150 miles on the odometer when they arrive at the dealership....this testing is done to verify the stated gas mileage numbers and emission numbers for entry into the US....
This is 100% accurate. Cars are selected at random at the end of the assembly line and tested. It’s completely random and makes no difference if it’s a client order (KF) or in-stock inventory (LF) for a dealer. It’s done inside in a controlled environment (not on the road) and usually the car will have up to 200km on the odometer. The warranty expires 50k miles from the odometer recording at delivery.

There are no letters or documents that accompany the car with regard to this.

Much ado about nothing (again).
Old 11-22-2018, 12:29 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
You are being probed to see how gullible you are.... I look at this as a highly disrespectful act of turning your baby into a rental ***** . Obviously during negotiations of price, they felt you out and determined you are a weak negotiator. Now they want the icing on the cake.
Unreal.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:52 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

So this thread can now be closed

Quick Reply: Interesting dealer story