Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chris Harris crashes his GT3T

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:05 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

The assumptions here people are willing to make without knowing the details laughably highlights some good ‘ol fashioned low-brow thinking.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:25 AM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We need pics
Old 11-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Did you guys read the article which said he wasn’t at fault? Never seen a legal 3 point turn on a 2 lane road one for each direction ..........
Old 11-15-2018, 10:33 AM
H-MAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog

He ran into another vehicle - he was going to fast in the conditions and was unable to stop.

Lucky he didn't kill someone.

The guy in the truck will simply report he was doing a legal turn and that the driver of the Porsche failed to stop in time. Guaranteed open and shut.

Harris drives like a pratt on British public roads - there are endless YouTube videos that attest to this. I'm surprised a number of the British you tube testers and EVO in particular haven't been hauled up.
The truck driver was in the wrong and issued a citation by the police.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:37 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
point one where you can see another car. All were closed, forensics already said that it was neither his fault neither he was speeding, it's mid corner in the winter in England, on a rwd car, you are bound to not go fast, sideways maybe, but not fast.
the only problem he has now is a new touring.
Originally Posted by Maverick787
Did you guys read the article which said he wasn’t at fault? Never seen a legal 3 point turn on a 2 lane road one for each direction ..........
Exactly, the people on the scene having interviewed both drivers and surveyed the situation and who are responsible for legal use of the roads, determined he was not at fault.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Akunob

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

He ran into another vehicle - he was going to fast in the conditions and was unable to stop.

Lucky he didn't kill someone.

The guy in the truck will simply report he was doing a legal turn and that the driver of the Porsche failed to stop in time. Guaranteed open and shut.

Harris drives like a pratt on British public roads - there are endless YouTube videos that attest to this. I'm surprised a number of the British you tube testers and EVO in particular haven't been hauled up.
Per accounts, the police interviewed witnesses at the scene, including both drivers and determined that the truck driver was at fault. I believe the truck driver was even given a ticket either for an illegal turn or obstructing traffic. Chris Harris was not found at fault for the accident. Contrary to your post, the truck driver was not performing a legal turn or he wouldn't have been cited by the police. Look I can't speak to Chris Harris' driving habits on UK public roads, however in this incident the authorities did not find him at fault. I agree with you that we are glad it was a pedestrian in the middle of the road, however if the pedestrian wasn't in a crosswalk, he/she may have been at fault as well (no jaywalking). Try not to judge people on past behavior but on the pertinent facts of the specific incident in question.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:29 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,021 Likes on 647 Posts

He hit a truck it could have been a kid, a hiker, a sheep.

He speeds all over wales as do other journos - it is entirely permissible and legal to do a three point turn on British roads, how do I know - it's part of the driving test.

Whether it's safe to do so is another matter and that's clearly at issue.

Likewise if you're vigilant you don't run in to others- it's anticipation and understanding of the roads, conditions and risks.

No apologies for Chris Harris he's a serial offender his many videos on "British B roads" attest to that.

In this regard he has always been a chancer - this time it didn't work out so well - as I said, lucky for him - next time he might run into the back of a tractor, or a herd of cows being moved between fields . That's how it rolls on British country roads.

Fault does not discount bad and or poor judgement.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:46 PM
uberm3
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That just sucks. Probably could have happened to anyone. Good no one was hurt. My friend tboned a car turning on a double yellow on his bike - wonder if it was the same kind of deal: someone doing something they shouldn't have. The last thing you expect is to come around a corner and see a car perpendicular to the road (irrespective of your speed).
Old 11-16-2018, 12:53 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

He speeds all over wales as do other journos - it is entirely permissible and legal to do a three point turn on British roads, how do I know - it's part of the driving test.

Likewise if you're vigilant you don't run in to others- it's anticipation and understanding of the roads, conditions and risks.

No apologies for Chris Harris he's a serial offender his many videos on "British B roads" attest to that.

In this regard he has always been a chancer - this time it didn't work out so well - as I said, lucky for him - next time he might run into the back of a tractor, or a herd of cows being moved between fields . That's how it rolls on British country roads.

Your logic gives me a headache. Maybe it has something to do with driving on the wrong side of the road.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:00 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Your logic gives me a headache. Maybe it has something to do with driving on the wrong side of the road.
You found logic in groundhog's posts??
Old 11-16-2018, 01:17 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what a flawed argument, by this reasoning you should never ever drive, in fact just stay at home, don't even walk the streets
Old 11-16-2018, 02:02 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Three point turn on a one way is nuts, and why would a person cross a one way road with a blind corner. Key word cop said you did nothing wrong gee wiz
Old 11-16-2018, 07:12 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

all aroumd european public roads you have to slow down in blind turn, either on the alps,

otherwise risking at any blind corner you might find a biker

ouch i was forgotting that maybe they don t have anymore european public roads after the brexit??
Old 11-16-2018, 07:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
why not slow down when you dont have full visibility ahead of you?

If rather than a truckman was a teenager on his first time bike??

Anyone that drives on the street without being able to stop the car in time is an idiot not aware of his limits

we have tracks for that kind of driving
I totally agree about not over driving your sight lines, but it still doesn't mean you'll always be able to stop in time at the speed limit. Nor does it mean that you were at fault if an accident occurs. If a car makes a three point turn in a spot where he can't see far enough in either direction to ensure it is safe, they are making an illegal turn and will be at fault if an accident occurs.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:47 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You found logic in groundhog's posts??

Quick Reply: Chris Harris crashes his GT3T