Sponsored by:

Post Your Stripes/Vinyl - Official 991 GT Car Stripes and Vinyl Database

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
Has anyone ever done stripes on a car with a glass sunroof? I like the sunroof but the contrast between the black glass and the Rhodium silver on my car is something I've never come completely to terms with. I'd like to add a little more black or grey to the car to make things blend a bit more.
Not that I have ever seen on a Porsche- but why couldn't you? And if it doesn't look quite right it comes off easier than it went on.

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
Gold stripe to match the gold wheels:

Spec is a homage/tribute to original 74 RS 3.0 which was released with the same colour scheme:

More info on 74 RS here: https://www.motortrend.com/news/1973...carrera-rs-30/
Gorgeous combination, the Satin Aurum works really nicely over white. This is in my top .2 RS specs for sure.

Originally Posted by Hashlak
Very good idea for a thread. Will be interesting to see what others have done on their cars

Ive added some shots of my RS + CBR1000rr which are both track monsters and had significant work done on them..
Absolutely love that stripe design on your RS. I always found it challenging to design on Lava Orange cars as not many contrast colors went well with it other than black, so you always had to make a non-traditional sort of design to match up with the ethos of the car. This does it very well!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:10 AM
Hashlak
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Not that I have ever seen on a Porsche- but why couldn't you? And if it doesn't look quite right it comes off easier than it went on.

Gorgeous combination, the Satin Aurum works really nicely over white. This is in my top .2 RS specs for sure.

Absolutely love that stripe design on your RS. I always found it challenging to design on Lava Orange cars as not many contrast colors went well with it other than black, so you always had to make a non-traditional sort of design to match up with the ethos of the car. This does it very well!

Thanks man. The design was done by AMCC in Dubai (Auto Mystique Car Care).

I had asked them to make something different and unique as I didn't want to have the standard 911r stripes or porsche stipes everyone does. They did a great job
Old 11-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Not your typical OEM style stripe designs, but we tried to make these distinctly inspired by Porsche Motorsports, and tried emulating a sort of "prototype" look. These were quick renderings done for a client who was trying to decide if this particular Agate Grey car was the right choice, and if some of his stripe ideas would work. We did 40+ renderings, but these were a few favorites:

Old 11-16-2018, 07:09 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks! Enjoying your renders too! also went with a matching aurum RS on the rear...

Old 11-17-2018, 08:55 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 63 Posts

Pretty simple and basic. Added the GT3 side script and black headlight trim to the PDLS. Overall I think it adds just enough livery without going overboard.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:35 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Does a tiny “Made in Flacht” sticker count?
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
Pretty simple and basic. Added the GT3 side script and black headlight trim to the PDLS. Overall I think it adds just enough livery without going overboard.
Looks great. Ties in with the "black" accent theme of the 991.2 and adds a bit of visual weight where the car needs it most.
Originally Posted by wmond
Does a tiny “Made in Flacht” sticker count?
Subtlety is key!
The following users liked this post:
RKGT3 (02-07-2020)
Old 11-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 152 Posts

Is this Fashion Grey? Andre has you on his list but there's a red line marking that Porsche "denied" your PTS. I agree the anthracite wheels look good here with this color. Congrats!

Old 11-21-2018, 01:24 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WernerE
Is this Fashion Grey? Andre has you on his list but there's a red line marking that Porsche "denied" your PTS. I agree the anthracite wheels look good here with this color. Congrats!

This looks a lot like Chalk to me, but not 100% sure!

Agreed this wheel color works well and the matching stripe ties it together nicely.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck

There she is! And to think we started these renderings 9 months ago? Right on time!

Old 11-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

There she is! And to think we started these renderings 9 months ago? Right on time!

Thanks for your assistance Anthony.

I think it turned out really well. Better than expected actually. I was a little nervous doing Signal Yellow without a wing. I was looking for a timeless car. Sometimes less is more.

NS2 Media helped me with some renderings and consultations with Nathan at Porsche Exclusive, and of course Mike McNeely at Mark Motors, made this tied for the best vehicle purchase (along with a recent F150 company purchase from Jim Hoddinott at Kanata Ford) I've ever had. Really pleasant.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:39 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
Vehicle looks stunning.

Does the headlight trim only cover the outer portion or also offer some tint to the lights as well.
Where do your source these?
Thanks!

Old 11-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Thanks for your assistance Anthony.

I think it turned out really well. Better than expected actually. I was a little nervous doing Signal Yellow without a wing. I was looking for a timeless car. Sometimes less is more.

NS2 Media helped me with some renderings and consultations with Nathan at Porsche Exclusive, and of course Mike McNeely at Mark Motors, made this tied for the best vehicle purchase (along with a recent F150 company purchase from Jim Hoddinott at Kanata Ford) I've ever had. Really pleasant.
It definitely is a color that suits the Touring much better than others. With the side stripe and trim it came out really nice. I've seen multiple comments and have gotten messages saying this car is their dream spec Touring also.

Glad to hear it was a very pleasant buying experience the whole way through! Excited to see some more pictures posted up and the miles/memories racked up.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:10 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JPMD
Vehicle looks stunning.

Does the headlight trim only cover the outer portion or also offer some tint to the lights as well.
Where do your source these?
Thanks!
These look like KI Studios headlight outer-edge blackouts. The kits come as gloss black vinyl that covers just the outer edge. You could purchase a tinted headlight film separately and install that to the lights first, and then put these vinyl trim rings over top of that. Might be a cool look!

Quick Reply: Post Your Stripes/Vinyl - Official 991 GT Car Stripes and Vinyl Database