991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Delivery Recs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018 | 12:28 AM
HoffR1
Track Day

How could any of us do euro delivery and not hit the 'ring?
Old 10-18-2018 | 04:05 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

move your flight back!

Oct 28th is full day of tourist driving at the Nurburgring in the VLN configuration. you get two tracks for the price of one. this only happens once a year. meet up with kobalt. ride with him. then get as many laps guided as you can in between trying it for yourself.

you won't regret it. passes in switzerland are overrated. long drive. tight turns and crowded. if weather is still good it will be overran with cyclists. plus have to drive at perfect speed or will get arrested and/or huge fine driving that car 20km over the speed limit.

Originally Posted by Homsy94
Hey guys,

Picking up my GT3 at the end of this month and I've never done eurodelivery before. Any recommendations?

Unfortunately my dates are short are 25(delivery date)-28th(flight at 7am) so I don't have all that much time. I was thinking to hit a couple nice driving roads or a track. I'm all ears for any recommendations if you think something is better.

26th- Stuttgart-> San Bernardino pass->Gotthard pass->Zurich
27th- day in Zurich then back to Stuttgart for flight the 28

vs

26th Stuttgart -> the spa or Nuremberg for a track day -> Luxembourg
27th. Luxembourg -> Stuttgart

That being said, I don't know what I would have to do to sign up for the track so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2018 | 05:42 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Driving south is generally driving into the populated areas and the heavy traffic. If the purpose of your trip is to drive I think going to Zurich is a mistake. Then again, you won't have time to break the engine in so maybe slower, scenic roads are better.

If you want to drive fast you're better off heading north, towards the ring or something.
Old 10-18-2018 | 07:56 AM
disden
Drifting

I personally think that going to the Ring for the very first time in your brand new GT3 is an absolutely awful idea. Especially if weather is not good. And I am a track junky.
Old 10-18-2018 | 08:46 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by disden
I personally think that going to the Ring for the very first time in your brand new GT3 is an absolutely awful idea. Especially if weather is not good. And I am a track junky.
If the weather is bad there is no traffic... But slippery. Good time to learn the track.
Besides OP can rent a Swift for basically no money so he don't need to use the GT3 there.

I'm on location from Thursday next week.
Other RL's will join and we are happy to take care of you if you come to Nürburg
Old 10-18-2018 | 04:08 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Originally Posted by Kobalt
If the weather is bad there is no traffic... But slippery. Good time to learn the track.
Besides OP can rent a Swift for basically no money so he don't need to use the GT3 there.

I'm on location from Thursday next week.
Other RL's will join and we are happy to take care of you if you come to Nürburg
Def come to the ring! Kobalt is a great guy to hang out with at the ring! I will also be there that weekend, feel free to reach out if you want!

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Recs?