Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 10:22 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mjj
where are the facts to back up your claims? It may be true but to suggest several dealers in the US are conducting major fraud seems to be a bit of a stretch. I like a interesting story as much as anyone but also like it to be factual.
Facts have been suppressed by Champion, hence my negative deductive reasoning.

Again, with the scale of the crimes is it reasonable to conclude that NOBODY else at the dealership had a hint that this was happening?

That suspicious death of the owner just a few months prior to this becoming public was timely.

The following 2 users liked this post by Perimeter:
goin2drt (02-22-2020), mdrums (02-23-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 10:32 AM
mjj
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter

Again, with the scale of the crimes is it reasonable to conclude that NOBODY else at the dealership had a hint that this was happening?

That suspicious death of the owner just a few months prior to this becoming public was timely.
I am in no way suggesting that Champion ownership is guilt free. They clearly have an issue. At a minimum their lack of governance and oversight was negligent.

I was reacting to some of the earlier comments in this thread that suggested this practice or similar fraudulent practices were prevalent at several Porsche dealers. I was just stating it would be helpful to state known concerns rather than making a broad based generalization. That is all.

The crook from Champion deserves to be locked up for decades.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:35 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter

This is what I said from the very beginning. Owner dies in a "swimming" accident right off the hotel he was staying at the same time? Right...... This entire thing is likely much deeper than just the sales vp..
Old 02-22-2020, 10:36 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I don't envy him, but he seems to have gotten off easy. Many more have spent much for time for stealing much less.
Is the State of Florida also pursuing charges? Seems from the rap sheet, he is convicted of Federal mail fraud.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:00 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,108 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
He'll likely parole out in 3 years for good behavior. What a crock of ****. Some guy gets pulled over for possession of weed and gets 10 years. Makes no sense

lol Nobody gets 10 years for weed! lol
Unless they get pegged for "intent to distribute", but I bet 3-5 years would be all.
Harder drugs, maybe.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:52 AM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by mjj
I am in no way suggesting that Champion ownership is guilt free. They clearly have an issue. At a minimum their lack of governance and oversight was negligent.

I was reacting to some of the earlier comments in this thread that suggested this practice or similar fraudulent practices were prevalent at several Porsche dealers. I was just stating it would be helpful to state known concerns rather than making a broad based generalization. That is all.

The crook from Champion deserves to be locked up for decades.
I worked at an unnamed Porsche Dealer in the 2013-14 timeframe and did some HIGHLY ILLEGAL things for them when it came to photoshop billing articles that I won't say exactly what happened. I have proof incase something comes back on me but yea, I would say that dealers (not just Porsche) are doing some illegal **** all the time.
The following 2 users liked this post by DAVfoto:
goin2drt (02-22-2020), Perimeter (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 11:55 AM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVfoto
I worked at an unnamed Porsche Dealer in the 2013-14 timeframe and did some HIGHLY ILLEGAL things for them when it came to photoshop billing articles that I won't say exactly what happened. I have proof incase something comes back on me but yea, I would say that dealers (not just Porsche) are doing some illegal **** all the time.
Dang, crazy. Makes me feel better about sticking to private party pre-owned cars.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:01 PM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Dang, crazy. Makes me feel better about sticking to private party pre-owned cars.
It was more at the corporate level that this was affecting things, not so much when it came to the actual sales aspect so I wouldn't worry as much. Though I did see some bad treatment of cars from the porters.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 12:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

This would be a great Discovery ID or 20/20 TV show!
Old 02-22-2020, 02:43 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 555 Likes on 335 Posts

Lots of misinformation here, the intoxicated owner died after falling into water, near his docked yacht, and drowned. Investigated and led to no criminal charges.

That nefarious deals and doings go on? No doubt, look at the Dieselgate investigations with Porsche/Audi/Daimler, the various undercover stings by media into auto repairs. It's to the point where if a repair is done to the car, you need to have physical/visual proof that parts were replaced and work done. Not to mention corporate greed, bribes/lobbying and more.

As to car parking attendants and porters? I parked cars during a summer many years ago at a high end restaurant and I do not allow valet parking of any of my cars, I've seen what happens first hand.

This whole deal with the GT cars, Champion and VP Sooky were gaming the system. Porsche keeping production numbers low, dealers banging buyers with ADMs, buyers that just "had to have that CAR"! A perfect situation for for abuse and gouging. As buyers, we enabled this environment to flourish whether we realized it or not.

This instance is one that came to the surface, there are untold numbers of occurrences that are never reported. Fraud and white-collar crime is so underinvestigated that only a small fraction ever gets looked at, the consumers eat the cost.

I just had my debit car hacked. A week or so ago, at a national bagel eatery, I bought a dozen with the card, which I deliberately seldom use; a few days later, someone is using my "card/account" out in California, five times before the card was cancelled. Haven't traveled to California in decades. My card wasn't physically stolen, just digitally snatched.

Greed, money and opportunity.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 04:14 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I hear Shiraz is accepting deposits for 994.2 GT3 allocations. PCNA will release the car in US simultaneous to his release, in honor of one of its brand ambassadors.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:48 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
I hear Shiraz is accepting deposits for 994.2 GT3 allocations. PCNA will release the car in US simultaneous to his release, in honor of one of its brand ambassadors.
rumor has it they’re going to call it Freedom Edition.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:36 AM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Shiraaz has been taken into Federal custody and is now temporarily housed at FDC Miami until they transfer him to a Federal Penitentiary.

https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/mim/

https://www.bop.gov/mobile/find_inma...inmate_results

FDC Miami only gets a 3 star rating from the “ Prison Wire “ inmate rating system. LOL

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=715057

I hope he gets sent to one of the toughest pens there is.

Last edited by Jim137a; 02-28-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:49 PM
ARSGT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a story, typical sleezeball. I personally met shiraz multiple times and saying he had expensive habits is an understatement, He would spend 10k a night in clubs and showing off. Now it makes sense where he got the money to live such a life on an employees salary. Don't forget south Florida is full of tons of scamsters just like him.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:28 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ARSGT3
what a story, typical sleezeball. I personally met shiraz multiple times and saying he had expensive habits is an understatement, He would spend 10k a night in clubs and showing off. Now it makes sense where he got the money to live such a life on an employees salary. Don't forget south Florida is full of tons of scamsters just like him.
His lifestyle was known to his circle... and there was a lot on Instagram, so going back to who knew, are we really arguing that folks at the dealer never wondered?

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing