Sponsored by:

Service Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 11:41 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Service Manuals

I need to replace my front pads and was wondering if you can access the 991.2 GT3 service manuals online? GM have a great option where you can access the factory online service manuals for 3 days for $20, I used this to get all the part numbers and torque specs for rotor and pad changes on my corvette. Does Porsche provide a similar resource?
Old 08-20-2018, 12:18 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by tgibrit
I need to replace my front pads and was wondering if you can access the 991.2 GT3 service manuals online? GM have a great option where you can access the factory online service manuals for 3 days for $20, I used this to get all the part numbers and torque specs for rotor and pad changes on my corvette. Does Porsche provide a similar resource?
I have not used it, but Porsche have something for $140 per day, https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInf...?Type=GVOStart
Old 08-20-2018, 10:46 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zedcat
I have not used it, but Porsche have something for $140 per day, https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInf...?Type=GVOStart
thanks for the link, thankfully they have a 1hr access for $14 - which is all I really need.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm a little surprised you need service manuals just to change pads. There are YouTube videos that give you the torque specs, and online OEM Porsche dealers that will give you the part numbers. Just got done replacing the front pads on mine.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:09 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

There are DIY's on Rennlist for this job (quite easy) - just search
Old 08-20-2018, 01:30 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Palting
I'm a little surprised you need service manuals just to change pads. There are YouTube videos that give you the torque specs, and online OEM Porsche dealers that will give you the part numbers. Just got done replacing the front pads on mine.
I did search, two videos for 991 GT3 that I found - call me paranoid but I'd rather pay for to get what I know is the correct info vs a YouTube video, that is if Porsche provide ready access - GM do this and $20 is cheap to confirm internet sources.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:55 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 283 Posts

I did search, two videos for 991 GT3 that I found - call me paranoid but I'd rather pay for to get what I know is the correct info vs a YouTube video, that is if Porsche provide ready access - GM do this and $20 is cheap to confirm internet sources.
Interested in your feedback on the Porsche online manual. I have a .1 GT3 and had a bootleg of the pages for pad changes. But for more complex things I'd consider consulting the Porsche site.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Once you have the account setup, you can login and do your searches before you actually buy a subscription. This way you can map out manual sections you want to grab. You can't look at any of the documents until you add the subscription.
The interface is like something built in the 90's.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by zedcat
thanks for the link, thankfully they have a 1hr access for $14 - which is all I really need.
Well, I have to say you got me hooked. LOL. One problem: I created an account, USA is not listed as a country so I chose "other Countries", tried to buy the 1 hour deal, and the site said "Billing country not authorized" Were you able to buy your 1 hour?
Old 08-20-2018, 02:59 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Well, I have to say you got me hooked. LOL. One problem: I created an account, USA is not listed as a country so I chose "other Countries", tried to buy the 1 hour deal, and the site said "Billing country not authorized" Were you able to buy your 1 hour?
I had trouble getting the web pages to load,i will try again tonight.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:58 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Why not use your iPhone and take before photos so you get it put back together exactly as it was. With the wheels off it is also a good time to bleed the brakes or change out the fluid. This is easy stuff, just go for it.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
Why not use your iPhone and take before photos so you get it put back together exactly as it was. With the wheels off it is also a good time to bleed the brakes or change out the fluid. This is easy stuff, just go for it.
I know I am being extra cautious, I just wanted to check the torque settings, do they recommend replacing the caliper bolts every pad change etc. I just wanted to find if there was a source to the official Porsche specs, this is a safety system after all.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:26 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Well, since the website won't accept my payment for the 1 hour deal, maybe you can just post the "official" answers to the torque settings, replace nor not replace the bolts, etc?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:44 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Well, since the website won't accept my payment for the 1 hour deal, maybe you can just post the "official" answers to the torque settings, replace nor not replace the bolts, etc?
I can't get the web pages to load at the moment, did a little research and apparently the site is very sensitive to browser versions, need to install IE v9 or 10 (I have v11 installed) and it won't work with the version of Safari I have installed. But when I get it figured out happy to share what I learn.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:56 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Have you considered replacing the bolts with studs? They come with torque settings in the instructions too

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...csk-detail.htm

Don't forget the little studs for the brake line brackets too...

Quick Reply: Service Manuals