Sponsored by:

Service Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Have you considered replacing the bolts with studs? They come with torque settings in the instructions too

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...csk-detail.htm

Don't forget the little studs for the brake line brackets too...
LOL, you must be reading my mind, Grant. Been looking at those studs over the last several weeks now. My concern is that you would then have to slide the caliper away from the studs. There is already quite minimal allowable caliper movement, even with the brake line brackets unbolted. Not sure if these would stress the lines too much over repeated pad changes.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:05 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
LOL, you must be reading my mind, Grant. Been looking at those studs over the last several weeks now. My concern is that you would then have to slide the caliper away from the studs. There is already quite minimal allowable caliper movement, even with the brake line brackets unbolted. Not sure if these would stress the lines too much over repeated pad changes.
Get the RE10 pads and you will rarely be changing pads (and stressing the lines). And it's much easier/cheaper to refresh the rubber brake lines than the aluminum uprights (which can be stripped by the steel bolts).

Old 08-21-2018, 07:49 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Well, since the website won't accept my payment for the 1 hour deal, maybe you can just post the "official" answers to the torque settings, replace nor not replace the bolts, etc?
I have a set of front and rear caliper studs + brake line bracket studs that I just took off of my GT4 (prepping it for sale) in case you or anyone else is interested! $270 MSRP from Tarret, yours for half price at $135!

Old 08-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Nein11RS
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Internet Exploder has a compatibility mode --> give that a shot.

Am I the only one that thinks it is INSANE to charge that kind of money for basic information?! I guess if it let me download the entire service manual $140 doesn't seem so bad but WTF!?

Quick Reply: Service Manuals