Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safety Cone mark removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018 | 04:11 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vodavoda
Have a mark from hitting a cone at Driver's Skills, on the passenger's side of course, and can't remove it all the way. The mark came off the paint no problem. The mark extends onto the rear quarter chip protection film applied at the factory. I was successful lightening it up, but its still there just not as noticeable. Tried a number of products, but can't get it removed all the way. Thinking maybe it's just going to be there until I replace the film, which seems to be yellowing a bit anyways. (another questions I guess is have other's noticed yellowing? I mean this car is only 3 years old with 8K miles and always garaged...it doesn't sit in the sun.)
I autocross occasionally. For painted surface and cone marks: Mothers R3 (best product to remove cone marks).

Unfortunately, nothing works well on the paint protected film with cone marks, because the cone friction at speed causes erosion on the film. Industrial Acetone has been the best product I have tried for deep cone marks on the film, do it quickly, wash, then wax. Anyway, eventually you need to replace the film (took out the film on my 991 Turbo S quarter panels as cones ate them).

Quick Reply: Safety Cone mark removal?