Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard should I push to get a replacement front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 04:53 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The car was damaged while in "their care." They have to fix it, period. I agree don't ask for other incidental items, just to be made whole. The fact that this happened while trying to fix a ridiculously bad PPF job just makes it worse.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:57 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
What a joke that’s just pathetic on the dealers part......

Its not the hidden lip damage or even the $25o...its your fricken Gt3 getting that’s getting marginalized here F that! Nice car anyway and you deserve better sorry thats happening call 1800 porsche and tell them they’ll probably send you some swag at least....

There’s no no emoji that reflects my disgust.
I agree...I could care less about a scratched lip (although I understand if some would). What would really pisses me off about this situation is the lack of respect for my car. If the PPF and lip happened in isolation, then fine, ask for a redo as you did and ask for a new lip as others are suggesting. But the fact that both happened at the same dealer tells me this is likely a sh*tty dealer. Or at least one that isn't putting enough emphasis on treating customers well. I wouldn't be able to let it go without voicing my concerns. May not move the needle in terms of how they treat their other customers but may make them think twice.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:39 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I agree...I could care less about a scratched lip (although I understand if some would). What would really pisses me off about this situation is the lack of respect for my car. If the PPF and lip happened in isolation, then fine, ask for a redo as you did and ask for a new lip as others are suggesting. But the fact that both happened at the same dealer tells me this is likely a sh*tty dealer. Or at least one that isn't putting enough emphasis on treating customers well. I wouldn't be able to let it go without voicing my concerns. May not move the needle in terms of how they treat their other customers but may make them think twice.
Seems to be 50/50 based on these posts. Everyone has good points.

If you guys knew how much ADM I paid to get this car from this dealer I bet you'd be screaming at me to go after them for all they're worth. :P
Old 07-27-2018, 07:11 PM
aruisdante
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean, I definitely think they should make it right. I just don’t think you need to be overtly aggressive or angry with them. This kind of thing is a regular operational risk. It’s unfortunate, but it happens. I’m sure if you’re polite about it and approach it through that mindset, they will happily fix the issue, especially for a $250 part.

The local BMW dealer to me writes off over $10k a month in damaged customer cars on their lot from them getting scraped being moved by the yard help. It doesn’t matter how careful you are, mistakes happen, and sometimes it’s easier and cheaper to just write the checks than change the process.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Akunob

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

Seriously! You can’t see the front lip scrapes while standing up or even seated. These happen all the time, I wouldn’t bother with it. Drive and enjoy your car, remember it’s not made of delicate glass but is a very sturdy sports car.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:33 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Why would you let the driver take the car if he could not load it correctly?

You should have have them send another truck.

Pranqster
Old 07-27-2018, 07:53 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
Seriously! You can’t see the front lip scrapes while standing up or even seated. These happen all the time, I wouldn’t bother with it. Drive and enjoy your car, remember it’s not made of delicate glass but is a very sturdy sports car.
^^this 100%. Can't believe this is a forum topic.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:13 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,002 Likes on 374 Posts

It's kind of like asking the dealer to replace the brakes because they did a hard stop on the test drive. It's a wear item, not damage.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:17 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
It's kind of like asking the dealer to replace the brakes because they did a hard stop on the test drive. It's a wear item, not damage.
do you mind taking your car to my house so I can scrape it?? That’s what it’s meant to do right????? Oh how about I do 50 burnouts and leave you with 2/32 thread, I mean tires are wearables right?????? Good day
Old 07-27-2018, 08:20 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
I wouldn't worry about it. The spoiler is a disposable item. After a few spirited drives you will most certainly have some road rash on the bottom of it. If your dealer gives you a new one put it in the garage and don't replace it until it really needs it.
This!
Old 07-27-2018, 08:24 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

"It makes me sad. Our cars were meant to be driven, not polished."
-- Ferry Porsche
Old 07-27-2018, 08:37 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

It’s not a museum piece and now when you scrape it for the first time it won’t matter. Absolutely a non issue. Go out and scrape it some more!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:42 PM
RDM2418
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts

^I agree. Dealers remember difficult customers come allocation time. How important is it? It's on the front at the bottom, you can't see it, even if they replaced, you'll scrape it again. My 2cents. I scrape all of mine at some point.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
It’s not a museum piece and now when you scrape it for the first time it won’t matter. Absolutely a non issue. Go out and scrape it some more!
Agree.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:45 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418
^I agree. Dealers remember difficult customers come allocation time. How important is it? It's on the front at the bottom, you can't see it, even if they replaced, you'll scrape it again. My 2cents. I scrape all of mine at some point.

There is no doubt that being easy to deal with has a significant positive impact on getting allocations.

Quick Reply: How hard should I push to get a replacement front lip?