Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 - White or Chalk?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 02:02 PM
kin0kin
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve seen it multiple times and tried to convince myself really hard to like the color. It just isn’t working for me. Like some have said, it looks like a primer. It’s so dull that the color seems lifeless, more so since it’s a flat color.

White/CWM pops so much more compared to chalk.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:37 PM
Chris-911
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by kin0kin

I’ve seen it multiple times and tried to convince myself really hard to like the color. It just isn’t working for me. Like some have said, it looks like a primer. It’s so dull that the color seems lifeless, more so since it’s a flat color.

White/CWM pops so much more compared to chalk.
In person outside Chalk looks absolutely amazing on the GT3. Mesmerizing. Very different/unique. But yes, never “pops” which I think is why many like it. It’s the ultimate sleeper color IMO. And never gets old, goes from white to light grey to almost beige depending on the type of light. Everytime it looks “different” which colors rarely do, and keeps it interesting. In photographs it looks very boring and is hard to capture.

Last edited by Chris-911; 09-10-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:48 PM
kin0kin
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-911
In person outside Chalk looks absolutely amazing on the GT3. Mesmerizing. Very different/unique. But yes, never “pops” which I think is why many like it. It’s the ultimate sleeper color IMO. And never gets old, goes from white to light grey to almost beige depending on the type of light. Everytime it looks “different” which colors rarely do, and keeps it interesting. In photographs it looks very boring and is hard to capture.

I am still not terribly convinced by the color. Color of a chalk cayenne I took today with a proper exposure. Spot metering on 18% gray, locked exposure, then properly capturing the chalk color. It looks terrible on overcast sky. However when the sun hits it, it does turn whitish.

Similarly, racing yellow looks better in picture than in real life. Most phone cameras oversaturate colors. In person it looks light and pale in comparison.

If I could get a PTS allocation I'd love to have speed yellow/signal yellow. Or gulf orange.

I've got a CWM white 718 GT4 completing production in late September. I have put a booking for a full shark blue themed GT3. I would hope to see the GT3 in chalk/crayon before my gt3 needs to be locked.

Below is a CWM macan under overcast sky.

and when the sun hits.

Last edited by kin0kin; 09-10-2021 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:59 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

These days it seems every car manufacturer has their version of a Porsche equivalent blue, orange, green, chalk, etc.

IMHO, these cars look great in any color. Deciding which to purchase, totally subjective and would stick to your gut and what makes “you” happy.

Quick Reply: GT3 - White or Chalk?