Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Registration Cost SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for info guys and sorry somehow I missed the link.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
....Lastly, I also believe California DMV's are the nastiest, most horrible places on the face of the earth. I swear they only employee the grumpiest, least friendly people on the planet. It is NOT a pleasure to have to visit one of these places. And then people wonder why some register cars in Montana lol!!
+1
CA DMV is a paragon of disservice - they have earned their sour puss reputation.

Contrast this with the Arizona MVD which has multiple automated kiosks, friendly people to help assist if you need it (Out of State DL renewing in State car registration), a complicated but took only 10 mins and I walked out with everything. Nothing ever needs to be snail mailed to you; you get everything, title, reg, tags, plates, etc
Old 06-26-2018, 10:56 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

WEATHER IS PERFECT.
trust me. When your lifestyle revolves around being outside and active, all the time, it sucks when you can’t do it. Grill all year long. Drive all year long. I live at the beach. The best jobs in the world. (In my industry). Amazing agriculture. Wine. Mountains. Canyons. The girls... lol
I love it here and there are 3 other places on earth I’d live other: cosastal spain, coastal Italy, Australia.
I lived in Seattle. Lived in Boston. So don’t tell me “seasons”. Seasons are overrated. We have 2 here. Flip flop weather and hoodie weather.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:37 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Grab your ankles like I did....
Old 06-27-2018, 01:01 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Lastly, I also believe California DMV's are the nastiest, most horrible places on the face of the earth. I swear they only employee the grumpiest, least friendly people on the planet. It is NOT a pleasure to have to visit one of these places. And then people wonder why some register cars in Montana lol!!
Have you been to Bronx DMV? That place is a living hell. Smells like a dumpster and employees are mindless drones. Wonder why we can't just replace them with kiosks.

Last edited by Ascend; 06-27-2018 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:31 AM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry but I have to jump in here. My wife and I are here for two weeks to decide if we want to escape the great white north east. I’ve specifically avoided car guy stuff because I don’t want it to influence my opinion. The views, the food, and the weather are perfect- literally.

I can’t justify the 9.5% tax, terrible roads/traffic, politics, and **** poor attitudes I’ve come across.

Next stop Houston followed by Naples. /rant
Old 06-27-2018, 02:17 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

^Not really sure how you can let the best car culture in the world affect you. Its a big reason I love living here. There is some kind of drive or car event almost every weekend of the year. If your a car guy this is home.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:19 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

^Also don't miss the Petersen Museum while your here...when you finish you can grab lunch at PEC LA.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:35 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Originally Posted by n3rd
Sorry but I have to jump in here. My wife and I are here for two weeks to decide if we want to escape the great white north east. I’ve specifically avoided car guy stuff because I don’t want it to influence my opinion. The views, the food, and the weather are perfect- literally.

I can’t justify the 9.5% tax, terrible roads/traffic, politics, and **** poor attitudes I’ve come across.

Next stop Houston followed by Naples. /rant
ill help you. NO BUGS. Have a pool? You can enjoy it here.
houston has bugs that will eat you alive and carry you away.
It’s good,you think the roads are terrible. You’re in the non car guy places ;-)
the traffic is **** here. You learn to work around it.
eom

richk has it right. Car nut Mecca. Every weekend car stuff.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:40 AM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 54 Posts

LA sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:59 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

I just relocated to LA from Hawaii a couple months ago, and it has to be a very special place to take me away from home/paradise. So far I am loving LA, Spyerx knows what he is talking about and the main reasons for me are 1) the weather like Spyerx alluded to is just amazing, 2) the drives/roads are breathtaking, and 3) there is something for everyone out here regardless of what you are into. Food, activities, events, car culture, nature, beach, shopping, etc... CA is also massive so there are always new places to explore north south east west.

But every place has pros and cons, there is no perfect place. Get ready for soul sucking traffic, and as hinted above it is truly expensive to live here in terms of cost of living. Truly freaking expensive, so make sure you are ok with that and taking that into consideration. Embodies you gotta pay to play or at least over leverage yourself with your CC is a lifestyle you will see here. Taxes are very high and numerous, real estate prices are high, dining options high unless you find hidden/local good eats, etc..

All in all it's an awesome place that I am enjoying mainly for the weather/cars/car culture/roads, but man did I take a financial hit coming out here!!
Old 06-27-2018, 01:59 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

As someone who has visited CA many times both north and south I would totally live there if the economics were feasible for me. However LA doesn't do it for me. I am a suburban boy at heart. I have a friend whom I visit in Corona Del Mar and I am just flabbergasted by how beautiful it is there. It's just one of those places where you have to pay to play. The only place I would rather live is Zurich. Another super expensive city lol. If I could afford the taxes and triple my income I would be in California like half the forum is lol.

Last edited by richardbf; 06-27-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:29 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

OT but x2 on Zurich lol (if I could ever afford it/make it work).... Absolutely love that city and heaven for car spotting/high end cars
Old 06-27-2018, 02:39 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
As someone who has visited CA many times both north and south I would totally live there if the economics were feasible for me. However LA doesn't do it for me. I am a suburban boy at heart. I have a friend whom I visit in Corona Del Mar and I am just flabbergasted by how beautiful it is there. It's just one of those places where you have to pay to play. The only place I would rather live is Zurich. Another super expensive city lol. If I could afford the taxes and triple my income I would be in California like half the forum is lol.
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
OT but x2 on Zurich lol (if I could ever afford it/make it work).... Absolutely love that city and heaven for car spotting/high end cars
I really liked Lucerne. Seemed uber expensive though. Well everything in Switzerland is, but I could see myself living there.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
Thank you for clarifying. Scared the sh*t out of me when I thought I had to pay another 20k in taxes lol. Already costing me tens of thousands in state income tax, doh!
I believe you can petition the BOE to have CA sales/use taxes waived if shown the vehicles were truly purchased for use out of state, even if less than a year old.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Registration Cost SoCal