Sponsored by:

Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:29 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I know most people (including me lol) are not fans of the painted interior trim but I have a couple friends who went that route and love it. So if you really liked that, I would go with it and resale be damned. If you are lucky enough to get to spec your GT3 then definitely go for what appeals to you and gets your blood flowing because for this kind of money it has to IMO
Yeah, I wasn't planning on painted trim either, but I felt that I needed some way of pulling Miami Blue into the interior.

Originally Posted by zmon
if you are planning on changing out the door pulls to CF, why did you not spec the R shifter so that the top can be CF and not aluminum? this is the only CXX option i spec'd trying to get all of the aluminum out of the cabin. only pieces left are the door pulls which like you said P will not do anything.
Good question--because the R shift **** only comes in leather, not Alcantara, so it wouldn't match my steering wheel. To me, that would be the worse sin.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:44 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
if you are planning on changing out the door pulls to CF, why did you not spec the R shifter so that the top can be CF and not aluminum? this is the only CXX option i spec'd trying to get all of the aluminum out of the cabin. only pieces left are the door pulls which like you said P will not do anything.
Jist buy the R shifter from Porsche afterward (cheaper, and you keep your old one). They don’t offer the all black R shifter via CXX (only a partial silver / partial carbon version).
Old 06-27-2018, 01:49 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Originally Posted by Mech33

Jist buy the R shifter from Porsche afterward (cheaper, and you keep your old one). They don’t offer the all black R shifter via CXX (only a partial silver / partial carbon version).
I may do this if I absolutely must black out all the shiny bits--but per above, the R shifter only comes in leather, not Alcantara.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:03 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by mafoofan

I may do this if I absolutely must black out all the shiny bits--but per above, the R shifter only comes in leather, not Alcantara.
You can swap boots and then the **** would be leather but you would have the alcantara boot.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Well, done and done. Asked for some things. Got most. One or two things rejected (though pretty key). Surprised they won't give me the Weissach Package carbon fiber face plate on my steering wheel since I'm already paying for a fully custom wheel already, but okay.

More or less finalized version of interior (except not showing carbon fiber shift ****):

Final tally of CXX options:
"Full custom" bucket seats with black/silver houndstooth inserts (the only customized part)
Painted harness passthroughs (separate from the above)
"Full custom" steering wheel with yellow stripe (the only customized part)
Carbon fiber shift **** with black Alcantara trim and contrasting stitching

Rejected requests:
Carbon fiber face plate for steering wheel (as in GT2/GT3 RS Weissach Package)
Miami Blue deviated stitching (well, unless I wanted to pay $50K+)

So far, Thuy and Daniel at PAG have been really amazing and hands-on--cannot complain about Porsche customer service! They were responsive 24/7, literally. Manhattan Motorcars has also been super helpful and professional.

Hopefully, I didn't forget anything. Now, on to planning an exhaust . . .
Did you also manage to get rid of the US cushion on the LWBs or is that just an inaccurate configurator rendering?
Old 06-27-2018, 03:21 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Originally Posted by Andial
Did you also manage to get rid of the US cushion on the LWBs or is that just an inaccurate configurator rendering?
Just inaccurate rendering.

Quick Reply: Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3