Sponsored by:

Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
Yep, colored stitching would be enough for me. All the other painted trim looks too busy IMO.
+1
Old 06-22-2018, 12:48 AM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
Yep, colored stitching would be enough for me. All the other painted trim looks too busy IMO.
Originally Posted by Derek RS
+1
I hear you--but Miami Blue or similar stitching isn't possible. Some have done yellow stitching, but that's not to my taste.

Perhaps I can think about renoving the painted harness passthroughs.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:38 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by mafoofan

I hear you--but Miami Blue or similar stitching isn't possible. Some have done yellow stitching, but that's not to my taste.

Perhaps I can think about renoving the painted harness passthroughs.
I think they go well with the painted vent slats. With just the vent slats, there is nothing else painted in the interior. Don’t let the Porsche people make you question your taste too much. I have admired your fashion writing. That being said, given you are not blinking at the $4K CXX steering wheel, the painted climate control panel might be a nice touch for even more blue inside without going full on with the painted interior trim. You could also have them do the center console trim in miami while leaving the dash and doors in CF (or just buy the painted center console from parts for $500 or whatever it is).

I have also been thinking of the steering wheel. I think just the stripe in blue leather is high risk and I think just the yellow stripe will not fit with the blue accents if you do not do yellow stitching, which itself I agree may be too much. Then again I said you should not let the Porsche people question your taste so take my suggestions for what it’s worth. I was savaged pretty good for my love of wood trim and sheepskin (likely deservedly so).

Something like this but with the dash and doors in CF
Old 06-22-2018, 01:39 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

If I don't get PTS, I'm likely picking MB. Like you, I was sad to see they didn't have the MB stitching. So I will stick with the standard silver/white stitching and then just do MB seat belts as the only blue in the inside. I will stick with the standard yellow on the steering. I really want the vent option that makes them leather with a custom paint color, but I don't want the vents painted in MB. Prefer black vents with leather. It's definitely frustrating that they don't have all the options to tie everything together on all colors like they do on Lizard Green.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:07 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm trying to find a video I saw on the Porsche Taycan that has the leather wheel and blue stripe. Not to say it's Riviera Blue but Porsche has a tendency to be consistent. I'll post it when I find it. Maybe someone else has seen it?

On a side note I'm also in the party that prefers to keep the interior sans painted bits. But that's just me.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Originally Posted by evilfij
Spoiler

I think they go well with the painted vent slats. With just the vent slats, there is nothing else painted in the interior. Don’t let the Porsche people make you question your taste too much. I have admired your fashion writing. That being said, given you are not blinking at the $4K CXX steering wheel, the painted climate control panel might be a nice touch for even more blue inside without going full on with the painted interior trim. You could also have them do the center console trim in miami while leaving the dash and doors in CF (or just buy the painted center console from parts for $500 or whatever it is).

I have also been thinking of the steering wheel. I think just the stripe in blue leather is high risk and I think just the yellow stripe will not fit with the blue accents if you do not do yellow stitching, which itself I agree may be too much. Then again I said you should not let the Porsche people question your taste so take my suggestions for what it’s worth. I was savaged pretty good for my love of wood trim and sheepskin (likely deservedly so).

Something like this but with the dash and doors in CF
Thanks for the compliments!

Not afraid of a bit of color in the cabin, but striking the right balance is the challenge. I think I'm going to have to do the yellow stripe on the wheel though--just got photos from Exclusive comparing Riviera leather to Miami paint, and it's not pretty. May be for the better, as the yellow will reference the calipers.

Originally Posted by joejenie
If I don't get PTS, I'm likely picking MB. Like you, I was sad to see they didn't have the MB stitching. So I will stick with the standard silver/white stitching and then just do MB seat belts as the only blue in the inside. I will stick with the standard yellow on the steering. I really want the vent option that makes them leather with a custom paint color, but I don't want the vents painted in MB. Prefer black vents with leather. It's definitely frustrating that they don't have all the options to tie everything together on all colors like they do on Lizard Green.
You can easily have them paint the vent slats whatever color you want--doesn't have to match your exterior paint. Alternatively, you can do leather slats with leather surrounds to get all an all-black look as well.

Originally Posted by shaytun
I'm trying to find a video I saw on the Porsche Taycan that has the leather wheel and blue stripe. Not to say it's Riviera Blue but Porsche has a tendency to be consistent. I'll post it when I find it. Maybe someone else has seen it?

On a side note I'm also in the party that prefers to keep the interior sans painted bits. But that's just me.
Thanks man, but I think the Riviera blue stripe is a no go. Will post photos.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:24 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Riviera blue leather vs. Miami blue paint:

Not good.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:26 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Eek. Not good is right.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:28 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Can't f*cking believe there is no Miami Blue stitching available. How many different reds and grey threads do we need when there isn't a single blue?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:42 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bummer.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:44 AM
mafoofan
Racer

Well, done and done. Asked for some things. Got most. One or two things rejected (though pretty key). Surprised they won't give me the Weissach Package carbon fiber face plate on my steering wheel since I'm already paying for a fully custom wheel already, but okay.

More or less finalized version of interior (except not showing carbon fiber shift ****):

Final tally of CXX options:
"Full custom" bucket seats with black/silver houndstooth inserts (the only customized part)
Painted harness passthroughs (separate from the above)
"Full custom" steering wheel with yellow stripe (the only customized part)
Carbon fiber shift **** with black Alcantara trim and contrasting stitching

Rejected requests:
Carbon fiber face plate for steering wheel (as in GT2/GT3 RS Weissach Package)
Miami Blue deviated stitching (well, unless I wanted to pay $50K+)

So far, Thuy and Daniel at PAG have been really amazing and hands-on--cannot complain about Porsche customer service! They were responsive 24/7, literally. Manhattan Motorcars has also been super helpful and professional.

Hopefully, I didn't forget anything. Now, on to planning an exhaust . . .
Old 06-27-2018, 09:51 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Congrats! You will be one of the very few with the $4k steering wheel stripe! Looking forward to seeing pictures when it arrives.

PS I know from other posts Porsche has supply issues with the CF WP steering wheel inserts. I also have not figured out if it is the same part between the 2RS and 3RS as I thought the CF trim in the 3RS WP was different as I thought I read it now matches the seats, but I could be remembering that wrong.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 AM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 94 Posts

I would bet macarbon or 911ava (on eBay) would be able to custom make any steering wheel you want. That’s the route I’m going.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:24 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I know most people (including me lol) are not fans of the painted interior trim but I have a couple friends who went that route and love it. So if you really liked that, I would go with it and resale be damned. If you are lucky enough to get to spec your GT3 then definitely go for what appeals to you and gets your blood flowing because for this kind of money it has to IMO
Old 06-27-2018, 12:54 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

if you are planning on changing out the door pulls to CF, why did you not spec the R shifter so that the top can be CF and not aluminum? this is the only CXX option i spec'd trying to get all of the aluminum out of the cabin. only pieces left are the door pulls which like you said P will not do anything.

Quick Reply: Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3