Sponsored by:

Graham Rahal Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Graham Rahal Performance

Hey Rennlist, just wanted to share my story about GRP. I am long time lurker on the forum but in the beginning of May is when I was able to get my first 911. I was able to find a manual 991.2 GT3 and have been enjoying it since. I think I watched every exhaust bypass video possible and I ended up going with the GRP. I liked really liked the design (I know BBI is the manufacturer) and thought it was cool that an actual indy car driver and Porsche enthusiast owned the shop.

There was about a week delay as the exhaust was still getting coated and laser engraved which I didn't mind. The bypass arrived nicely packaged and install was straightforward. After about 20 miles or so getting it home, I noticed some small chipping of the coating on the bottom near the end of the tip. I definitely wasn't happy but I attributed it to rocks and just normal wear and tear as I live in the suburbs where they are doing a lot of construction. Upon further investigation, the top of one tube near the connection was starting to bubble up and a 3 inch section looked like it was about to start flaking off.

I was annoyed and angry at this point and was not going to keep a bypass on that was losing it's coating in less than 12 hours. I emailed Graham and he got back to me even though he was out racing. He said he would take care of it and cover the install cost to make things right. I was hesitant on getting another black coated one and he offered up the idea of sending me a polished raw bypass instead. I agreed and he sent a new one overnight and a return label for the old one.

Overall I am very satisfied with how things turned out and he was able to communicate with his coaters to prevent these problems from happening to other buyers in the future. He even offered an additional discount on future purchases through his store for the time and trouble (I guess the BBI cage is next lol)

I will try to get some videos and soundclips up on my IG @gasman514 if anyone is interested
Old 06-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Old 06-16-2018, 04:27 PM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I am sorry to hear that you had any problem to begin with but I will loudly second that Graham is exactly the type of seller/enthusiast that each of us should spend our $ with and endorse. Sometimes things go wrong during manufacturing or shipping but the character and intent of a seller is exposed when he or she helps to resolve a problem. Compare this thread to any of the several active ones detailing "deals gone wrong"; let's be as quick to show support ($ and verbal) to those vendors who are honest and responsive as we are to out those sellers who mishandle a situation. Great job GRP- I wouldn't expect anything less from Graham or his crew.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:53 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

When did you purchase the original exhaust that started bubbling? Did it have the old or new logo on it? I ask because I have one waiting to get installed and I think I remember GRP saying it had some sort of new, updated coating. But I wonder if yours was from the same production batch or not. I don't want to have to go through the hassle of installing mine and then have to remove it if it starts to bubble...
Old 06-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

I put the original order in on May 14 and it shipped June 4th. I believe it had the new logo. I know there was another batch after mine and he said they were going to be held until he could inspect them.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:09 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman85
I put the original order in on May 14 and it shipped June 4th. I believe it had the new logo. I know there was another batch after mine and he said they were going to be held until he could inspect them.
Looks like mine was part of your batch. I think. Mine shipped May 31 / June 1.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:23 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the write up, we certainly try and stand behind our product. As everyone knows, things in life happen. We definitely wish that we would never have an issue, but it’s part of their process in learning and growing.

We do not anticipate this as an issue. We spoke with our coaters and determined the coating was too thick in that area on that system and it did cause the bubbling. I stand behind our coaters and believe in them, they do our Indycar exhaust systems which see temperatures much much higher than what a center bypass would, and we have no issues there.

I definitely want consumer happiness, and our company will always support and stand behind those we work with. I, as a consumer, was ripped off by several shops and given no support, so i get what is needed and i i tend to never leave a customer in that position.

We are increasing our production right now, as well as building a new product i can speak about shortly. Thank you for your business, and we hope many more of you will come to us as well!
Old 06-16-2018, 06:25 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Also please note, we just hosted our first GRP Customer Track day in chicago, my dad and i hosted our guests at his car barn, Bob cooked everyone dinner and had great conversation!

That entire group has all of our GRP exhausts, and none even in the severe heat of a 95 degree day where the cars saw lots of track time had any of these issues! So, we do think the issue is unfortunately limited to Anderson’s exhaust only. sorry my friend.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:53 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Great story. Way to go from both he customer to relate his experience here, and GRP. Also, what a great idea from GRP to create a community around their brand. This is something that I experienced abroad and somehow miss in the US. Win win. Well done.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:14 PM
991DUC
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I’ve been super happy with my GRP exhaust on my 991.2 Gt3. The customer service Graham and the crew at GRP provides has been awesome. I have put over 4,000 miles on my car since getting the exhaust including lots of track time and it’s holding up really well.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:04 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 600 Posts

I have always said that people understand that things/mishaps can happen, but the way you deal with them is what determine the final outcome/customer satisfaction .
in my area Bobby Rahal owns several dealerships, and I can attest that they are all well run , and have yet to meet a grumpy/un pleasant employee, which is not the case, unfortunately, for a lot of car dealerships
Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pitt911
I have always said that people understand that things/mishaps can happen, but the way you deal with them is what determine the final outcome/customer satisfaction .
in my area Bobby Rahal owns several dealerships, and I can attest that they are all well run , and have yet to meet a grumpy/un pleasant employee, which is not the case, unfortunately, for a lot of car dealerships
This is much appreciated! In our industry, car dealerships mainly, there’s not a lot of stand up stores anymore. We are VERY proud that our Mercedes Benz store was the #1 rated customer satisfaction store in the country last year, and our Volvo dealership was #1 in the nation this year as well. We take customers happiness as a premium, our company motto is always that customers come first, money is far superior.

Sadly in today’s world most people want to sell you something, smack you over the head with profit, and don’t care if they ever hear from you again. At GRP or Bobby Rahal Automotive Group, we will never be satisfied to have a customer come once and not return, our job is to create loyalty and customers who rely solely on us and trust us. I hope we can prove that to many of you as we continue to grow!
Old 06-17-2018, 12:55 AM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Love GRP and continue to echo the other responses here.
But......now I’m hung up on this small detail that Graham shared “as well as building a new product I can speak about shortly.”
Does anyone know the cleaning lady at GRP? Whatever “it” is, I suspect I will want it.
Cheers, Chris
Old 06-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Yep- I wish I did not have my Suppliers in town last week and was unable to make the event. I am sure it was a blast.

I am waiting for the new project you have in the works. Should we assume it is for the GT3??
Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 AM
gt-2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman85

There was about a week delay as the exhaust was still getting coated and laser engraved which I didn't mind.

Well I guess everyone should order these from GRP only, along with A+ customer service they must have them ready to go so you aren't waiting a long time.....not sure why but many ordering from bbi are reporting up to 2-3 months to get delivery???

Quick Reply: Graham Rahal Performance