Sponsored by:

Deviated Stitching Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 11:49 AM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deviated Stitching Options

Looking for some pics of existing builds with deviated stitching that is not GT Silver, Red or Yellow. I have searched the archives, instagram and Google. PTSRS has some amazing photos of exteriors - but I haven't seen many shots of interiors with other color options on the deviated stitching. I know Kills Bugs Fast has the Lava Orange stitching as well - but I'm building a Oak Green Metallic Touring and was looking for a color that would go best with that exterior and the black leather interior of the touring.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide or links to images I may have missed in my searches.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Dr . sorry I have no pixs to share , but congrats to you she will be a classic beauty , i'd stay with the earthy color for thread maybe luxor , I like the green red gucci and black traditional look to, but your are looking to be special and unique . Enjoy the hunt
Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I don’t think any of the colors will go (I have seen, yellow, acid, lava, red, cognac, and cream — which appears warm — in person) so you probably want a neutral such as pebble, chalk, or GT Silver, I have seen all three (chalk on a graphite/chalk two tone) and pebble is the lightest — but cream may work as I have not seen a 991 in oak in person, I fear it may be too warm. Some dealer have samples to look at so that may be a path.

I decided to skip deviated because it tends not to match the exterior color. Coordinate sure, but even red to red it looks different enough to be noticeable (to me).
Old 06-14-2018, 12:36 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Either cognac or luxor may work although I tend to doubt it. Mychoice for your exterior color would be black stitching and do the dash strips and dash vents in exterior color, but the center console in black leather. Talk to someone at Exclusive and get samples of sititching. Problem is that GT cars have black interiors not designed for subtlety or warm colors. If you did a CXX seat with a cognac center and cognac piping then the cognac stitching may work.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:37 PM
mrneddles
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Pebble and cream are near white in appearance. Pebble is a cold near white, and cream is a warmer white, if that makes sense. I would echo R. Deacon above and go luxor or congac over black.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I've seen Pebble in a couple of cars and really like it and would definitely consider it. Personally I like the deviated stitching to show up so wouldn't go with Luxor or Cognac. I've got Racing Yellow in my Lava Orange GT3 and love it.

I saw this on youtuve the other day a 991.2 Turbo S with Chalk interior. I'd look through Porsche West broward's Youtube channel as they seem to do those vids on high spec/unusual option cars.

If you want to see Cream our Cayenne has the Cream and Black interior so has the deviated stitching which again looks great so could take photos. Don't think it's what you want with Oak Green though.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:59 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I noticed you don’t list agate. Did they discontinue that as a stitching option? I have never seen it but it would be very subtle I suspect and may work with oak.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:11 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
I noticed you don’t list agate. Did they discontinue that as a stitching option? I have never seen it but it would be very subtle I suspect and may work with oak.
I just did a screen grab of the list that pops up on the configurator. Is there a chance Agate has to be CXX?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:21 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrKid
I just did a screen grab of the list that pops up on the configurator. Is there a chance Agate has to be CXX?
Looks like it is not offerred anymore.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:34 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Agate is too similar to the standard platinum to be worthwhile to add.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:36 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

What kind of brakes are you getting?

Instead of matching your exterior color (oak green) perhaps consider deviated stitching to match your caliper color - either red for the standard iron or yellow for the PCCBs.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:37 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

I did platinum on my oak green car and it looks good.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

I think the default black stitching of the Touring looks awesome in the black interior and with the black aluminum Touring trim. I paid extra for deviated stitching in my regular GT3 specifically to get Black stitch (I have a Gelbgrun bright green car) and I think it looks awesome.

Originally Posted by DrKid
Looking for some pics of existing builds with deviated stitching that is not GT Silver, Red or Yellow. I have searched the archives, instagram and Google. PTSRS has some amazing photos of exteriors - but I haven't seen many shots of interiors with other color options on the deviated stitching. I know Kills Bugs Fast has the Lava Orange stitching as well - but I'm building a Oak Green Metallic Touring and was looking for a color that would go best with that exterior and the black leather interior of the touring.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide or links to images I may have missed in my searches.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:54 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 94 Posts

For some reason I can’t imagine wanting all black stitching. Part of the special look of my build will be the racing yellow stitching that ties into the seatbelts and speed yellow calipers. I think the yellow stitching works so well for a motorsport pedigree car, but only if you get PCCBs because it would clash with red calipers.

Yellow would go with oak green extremely well and give you a little fun contrast in the interior, liven it up a bit.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:14 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
What kind of brakes are you getting?

Instead of matching your exterior color (oak green) perhaps consider deviated stitching to match your caliper color - either red for the standard iron or yellow for the PCCBs.
This was my first thought - I'm getting PCCB and Touring Black with standard (gray) PDLS LED. I'm going Oak Touring for the understated look - didn't know if Yellow Stitch would defeat that purpose.
Originally Posted by brownan
I did platinum on my oak green car and it looks good.
Any chance you can post a pic? I've seen your car on PTSRS and on here but have not seen interior pics
Originally Posted by Mech33
I think the default black stitching of the Touring looks awesome in the black interior and with the black aluminum Touring trim. I paid extra for deviated stitching in my regular GT3 specifically to get Black stitch (I have a Gelbgrun bright green car) and I think it looks awesome.

I agree - that is my struggle - the standard touring black stitch is pretty great looking - but each time I see the deviated it adds that little extra special touch and for $5k (extended plus leather steering and tunnel) on a (hopefully) lifetime keeper car I'm considering that extra little splash of color to make the stitching stand out.
Originally Posted by localmotion411
For some reason I can’t imagine wanting all black stitching. Part of the special look of my build will be the racing yellow stitching that ties into the seatbelts and speed yellow calipers. I think the yellow stitching works so well for a motorsport pedigree car, but only if you get PCCBs because it would clash with red calipers.

Yellow would go with oak green extremely well and give you a little fun contrast in the interior, liven it up a bit.
I keep defaulting to yellow in my head as well - PCCB Calipers - and it would tie in the exterior to the interior. Plus Oak has some yellow tints in the metallic - but this is one of those where I hate to build a car over a 6 month period and then click a few boxes and regret it forever -

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and give feed back

Quick Reply: Deviated Stitching Options