Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried DIY side PORSCHE decal for Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
The decal should come with a layer on top of the actual sticker for you to write on. See Perimeter photo where SCHE" is unmasked.

You can use a pen/pencil to outline on this top layer where you want to cut. Then use a scissor or knife to cut along the outline.
So basically I am cutting the area BEFORE I take that white paper layer is taken off right?
Old 06-11-2018, 05:18 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
So basically I am cutting the area BEFORE I take that white paper layer is taken off right?
Using your video in your OP as an example, I would stop at the 15 second mark, draw where you'd like to cut, remove the decal from the car, make the cut giving you two pieces, put the decal back on the car with masking tape, and then continue the remaining steps in the video.

The steps in the video work because the cut at the end is made in the middle of the door jam. But if the decal was too long at the ends or if you wanted the decal to stop short of the door jam, you can't wait until the end to cut without risk of cutting into the paint.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Using your video in your OP as an example, I would stop at the 15 second mark, draw where you'd like to cut, remove the decal from the car, make the cut giving you two pieces, put the decal back on the car with masking tape, and then continue the remaining steps in the video.

The steps in the video work because the cut at the end is made in the middle of the door jam. But if the decal was too long at the ends or if you wanted the decal to stop short of the door jam, you can't wait until the end to cut without risk of cutting into the paint.
Thanks man. I will try it and post how it goes.
Old 02-10-2024, 03:22 AM
Gearbangin
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Watson (02-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Anyone tried DIY side PORSCHE decal for Touring?