Sponsored by:

GT3T vs TTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Shotgun
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Hood Rats love to use the term "Trifling".
Excuse my naivete but what, exactly, is a "Hood Rat"?
Old 06-04-2018, 05:10 PM
pepinozaur
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

TTS isnt like 200lbs heavier than GT3s? And thats including AWD advantage and maybe heavier seats and more comfort options, I am kind of sure those 200lbs can get to 150lbs or less if using bucket seats into a TTS, again... is that so much weight to make the difference?

I can get GT3RS .2 fro msrp and still considering to buy a used .2 TTS with low miles as can not order anymore the TTS, back seats are a plus for me, but stil can not see the advantage of gt3. I plan on doing 265/325 cup2, springs and good brake pads on the TTS.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:42 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have a TT but have a .2 GT3T. IMHO, the TT is a better DD that a GT3. With 2 emergency seat at the back and AWD. In my case, all my children are grown up so they will not fit at the back of a TT.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,108 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Originally Posted by Shotgun
Excuse my naivete but what, exactly, is a "Hood Rat"?

Google is your friend (Sorry for the derail folks, but he asked)

"(slang) Someone who has sex with everyone in the "hood" or neighborhood; the term is linked to the culture of the American ghettos and to hip-hop culture. A hood rat is an often poor woman who engages in sexual activity like a prostitute, but without charge and without being coerced."

Urban Dictionary

"a person who lives in the ghetto or public housing with no intent to make it out of there. A hoodrat is usually unemployed and won't seek employment because they instead chose to live off of government assistance, child support payments, and food stamps. They often have unplanned children with one or multiple "baby daddies", some of which end up in jail or simply run because of their mistake. Food stamps are often spent on Flammin' Hot Cheetos. Any money that they do have gets spent on Ciroc."

"A person who partakes in scandalous activity in order to achieve a goal or badimage. Some of the activities may be classified as illegal."
Old 06-05-2018, 03:17 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

^ ^ lmao

I have a 991 GT3 and 991 TTS and would have never cross shopped them against each other...they are so very different. The GT3 was cross shopped against other high revving NA race car types like pre-owned F430 Scud, and 458. The TTS wasnt crossed shopped because well it's the greatest all around car of all time
Old 06-05-2018, 03:30 PM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
^ ^ lmao

I have a 991 GT3 and 991 TTS and would have never cross shopped them against each other...they are so very different. The GT3 was cross shopped against other high revving NA race car types like pre-owned F430 Scud, and 458. The TTS wasnt crossed shopped because well it's the greatest all around car of all time
Agree with this comment. I've owned .1 GT3 and .1RS and '16 TTS cab and now an '18TTS coupe. I've added the klein headers, high flow cats (no tune) and exhaust for sound, installed the techart springs with a GT3 alignment. Car is a lot of fun to drive and just stupid fast. Test drove a .2 GT3 last week and it felt pretty slow in comparison. Basically the TTS asks for fewer compromises and is as much fun (but in a different way) as a GT3 on the street. These are all great cars but I'm sticking with the TTS for now. Have a .2 RS on order so we'll see which one wins my heart in the end.... bc
Old 06-05-2018, 04:50 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Had a 991.1 TT and then a 991.2 TTS... now a 991.2 GT3 Touring.
For me: No comparison. Zero regrets.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:39 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Regarding weight, it is more than a couple hundred pounds, more like 400lbs. 3116lbs (3153lbs PDK) for GT3, 3517lbs for a Turbo. Like to like — PDK, 4 ways, but radio and AC and no sunroof and otherwise lightest spec (CF wheels on the turbo) you are probably in the 300lbs Range. More significantly, you can’t get a light weight turbo. First, they all have PDK and AWD. Second, nearly every built turbo and TTS has 14 way of 18 way seats and a sunroof. That adds a lot of weight.

I was looking at the configurator and it now shows the carbon fiber wheels as an $18k plus option. 20% weight savings over aluminium wheels, but on a turbo it seems somewhat misplaced to save ~22lbs. And no, the offsets are different so they are not the same as a GT3.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:13 PM
arek
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts

Coming up on 30k miles in my 991.2 TTS. Daily driver with several track days (surprisingly good on track).
I'm really having a lot of fun driving it every single day, PDK in manual mode is very rewarding to me.
I'll be adding a GT3(RS) but I'm never getting rid of the Turbo, I love it.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:39 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by arek
Coming up on 30k miles in my 991.2 TTS. Daily driver with several track days (surprisingly good on track).
I'm really having a lot of fun driving it every single day, PDK in manual mode is very rewarding to me.
I'll be adding a GT3(RS) but I'm never getting rid of the Turbo, I love it.
^ Yep. With the 991.2 Turbo/S, I can see it. The chassis, the everything is so well dialed it's really fun in use. Not just competent/fast. FUN, and competent/fast.

Still wonder how many 991 GT customers would be having more fun more of the time in 911 Carreras or Turbos. Don't get me wrong...I've been into GT3s from the 996 forward. But the 991.2 generation has really brought the Carrera/Turbo game up.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:43 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
^ ^ lmao

Originally Posted by BarryC
Agree with this comment. I've owned .1 GT3 and .1RS and '16 TTS cab and now an '18TTS coupe. I've added the klein headers, high flow cats (no tune) and exhaust for sound, installed the techart springs with a GT3 alignment. Car is a lot of fun to drive and just stupid fast. Test drove a .2 GT3 last week and it felt pretty slow in comparison. Basically the TTS asks for fewer compromises and is as much fun (but in a different way) as a GT3 on the street. These are all great cars but I'm sticking with the TTS for now. Have a .2 RS on order so we'll see which one wins my heart in the end.... bc
Why is it so odd to cross shop the GT3 and TTS?

Both are two of the rare cars that can do double duty as a daily and as a track toy. The TTS obviously is a better daily than a track toy compared to the GT3, and vice-versa, but at the same time both can pull the aforementioned double-duty better than most cars in that price range (150-180).
Old 06-06-2018, 12:40 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Had a 991.1 TT and then a 991.2 TTS... now a 991.2 GT3 Touring.
For me: No comparison. Zero regrets.
+1...almost same;scenario in that 991.1 tts to a 991.2 gt3 t and I am very satisfied with that decision. Might go for a 992Tts if I can make a little extra dough over the next two years or so but keeping gt3 t....and if I can only have one...gt3 t no question.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:40 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Why is it so odd to cross shop the GT3 and TTS?

Both are two of the rare cars that can do double duty as a daily and as a track toy. The TTS obviously is a better daily than a track toy compared to the GT3, and vice-versa, but at the same time both can pull the aforementioned double-duty better than most cars in that price range (150-180).
Both my wife and I totally would have agreed with you before driving them back-to-back. Because we did cross-shop them. It was astounding to us how vastly different they felt from one to the other. The GT3 feels like what I always thought our Ferraris "should have felt" like... constantly urging me to race it. The TTS felt just like my Macan Turbo but, of course, quicker. "Let's have fun with the acceleration, but then forgot all about the power and just cruised". I'm not saying that the TTS "couldn't" do more - it just didn't keep begging me for it. However, if I didn't already have the Macan for road trips with our young son, we probably would've bought the TTS. Plus, it was $15K cheaper.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:21 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by KM1959
Both my wife and I totally would have agreed with you before driving them back-to-back. Because we did cross-shop them. It was astounding to us how vastly different they felt from one to the other. The GT3 feels like what I always thought our Ferraris "should have felt" like... constantly urging me to race it. The TTS felt just like my Macan Turbo but, of course, quicker. "Let's have fun with the acceleration, but then forgot all about the power and just cruised". I'm not saying that the TTS "couldn't" do more - it just didn't keep begging me for it. However, if I didn't already have the Macan for road trips with our young son, we probably would've bought the TTS. Plus, it was $15K cheaper.
It’s like I’ve always said ...

The TTS makes you feel like you’re a better driver.

The GT3 makes want to be a better driver.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Akunob

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

It’s like I’ve always said ...

The TTS makes you feel like you’re a better driver.

The GT3 makes want to be a better driver.
^ Well said

Quick Reply: GT3T vs TTS