Sponsored by:

Track app

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 02:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

This +1

When even smart and tech savvy guys can’t make it work, I don’t even have to bother trying.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It’s embarrassing pag can’t get this right , this should be a no brainer
Old 05-19-2018, 09:43 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

While I 'typically' have good success with mine, it let me down today. Thought I am going to chalk it up to 'user error'... I've had 'best results' when always 'setting a new track'... I tried to use an 'existing' saved track map, and it never started for my session this morning.

I'm going to try again tomorrow, and will set it as 'record new track', and see how it goes. I'll post my go pro video for now.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 05-20-2018, 12:30 AM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 137 Posts

Got a '16 Corvette rental driving home from JFK last night. LOL Avis was out of $72/day mustangs so the counter guy gave it to me instead.

Even this base Stingray (automatic, even!) had a built in "Performance Recorder" with a camera, video overlays, etc.

Come on, PAG!
Old 05-20-2018, 06:26 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

I was successful in getting mine to work again, but 'starting' the session as 'Record New Track' and then manually selecting the Start/Finish Line:

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 05-21-2018, 07:31 AM
Nine Nine One
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since my next track is not in the database I tried setting up a new track last night. I had to fiddle with it for a few minutes to get the wifi connection to work (it was connecting to my home wifi at first and not the car) and then to get the GPS working (went into iPhone 7 and in settings I changed the PTA to "always use". This got me the green light and I drove a 1 mile loop around my house. Worked perfect although I need something to hold my phone as I was just holding it in my hand.

For phase II I want to figure out how to use a better GPS then on my phone. Does a 18-GT3 with SC have an internal GPS? Has anyone configured an external GPS?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:51 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Originally Posted by Nine Nine One
Since my next track is not in the database I tried setting up a new track last night. I had to fiddle with it for a few minutes to get the wifi connection to work (it was connecting to my home wifi at first and not the car) and then to get the GPS working (went into iPhone 7 and in settings I changed the PTA to "always use". This got me the green light and I drove a 1 mile loop around my house. Worked perfect although I need something to hold my phone as I was just holding it in my hand.

For phase II I want to figure out how to use a better GPS then on my phone. Does a 18-GT3 with SC have an internal GPS? Has anyone configured an external GPS?
That's exactly the way to do it! I'd be interested in learning about any success/experience with an external GPS option as well.

I recommend this camera mount setup for iphone 7, my video above was recorded using the RAM mount, and iphone 6/7 specific case:
RAM Mount:
Amazon Amazon

RAM iPhone Specifc Mount:
Amazon Amazon

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 05-21-2018, 12:59 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

delete
Old 05-21-2018, 06:23 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
That's exactly the way to do it! I'd be interested in learning about any success/experience with an external GPS option as well.

I recommend this camera mount setup for iphone 7, my video above was recorded using the RAM mount, and iphone 6/7 specific case:
RAM Mount:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RAM iPhone Specifc Mount:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Regards,
Dave
Do you have a pic of where you mount your phone? I can't get a stable video mounting with my RAM Mount. It shakes a lot. Thanks
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 PM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only advantage of the Porsche track app is that it measures breaking, acceleration and Gs for lap to lap analysis which is very useful if you are trying to learn, kind of like the Racelogics app but cheaper and does not work most of the time. I am buying a the Racelogic solution and giving up with Porsche.
It also kills me that when you call Porsche for support they do not even know the difference among all their apps, but it makes sense as I was working on an issue with "Steve" on an issue with AMG GT-r connect app which got resolved with a patch from MB, but the same Steve was not able to help at all with Porsche.
In simple terms, MB and Porsche support appear to be the same...
Old 05-22-2018, 07:00 AM
Nine Nine One
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ordered the RAM mounts, thanks Dave
Old 05-22-2018, 10:08 AM
SCCAForums
Pro

Originally Posted by Nine Nine One
Ordered the RAM mounts, thanks Dave
Any time! And I'll show an in car pic later this evening.

Best Regards,
Dave

Quick Reply: Track app