Sponsored by:

Magnesium wheels production delays

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:48 PM
LoloM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnesium wheels production delays

There we are ! Delivery of my full black 2rs weissach for next Friday, and I just received a mail telling me Porsche is sorry to announce that the car will be delivered with aluminium wheels instead and that magnesium wheels will be available by Q4.
No excuse, no nothing !
Are any of you guys in this situation ? And if so what has Porsche / dealer offered ? What would you do ?
Was looking forward so much, now just pissed 😤
it is my third gt in few years with them 997.2 gt3, 991.1 gt3 rs and now gt2 rs ws. Was hoping to trade my 991.1rs for a .2 but they can t allocate a car !!!!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be grateful that I got an extra set of wheels for free, in addition to unobtanium allocations.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:01 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Where are you located?
USA or elsewhere
Old 05-14-2018, 10:22 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Sorry to hear but at least you still have a hell of a car and PAG seems to be trying their best to meet demand.. you should still be able to enjoy the car in the meantime and get a fresh set of wheels down the road

If you want, I will take that bad boy off your hands
Old 05-14-2018, 10:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,881 Likes on 4,814 Posts

I thought this was old news, no?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:53 PM
LoloM
Track Day

In France.
thought they solved the issue by not providing the wheels to the .2 gt3 rs.
seems not !
will enjoy in spa in next few days will see how much faster than my 2:43 with the .1 rs it goes !!!!!
take care guys
Old 05-15-2018, 07:31 AM
Raucky
Instructor

Keep us posted on compared times and experiences behind the wheel. Have fun!
Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 AM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey!
iam French aswell and received last month my full black wp gt2 rs with the magnesium wheel, they don’t demiver me the carbon steering wheel and the extinguisher, i don’t have any info of the delay

i know magnesium wheel are sold out, but iam curious, do you think the garahe will change you the alloy wheel for the magnesium wheel later or not?
Old 05-15-2018, 08:56 AM
LoloM
Track Day

Originally Posted by SEB74
Hey!
iam French aswell and received last month my full black wp gt2 rs with the magnesium wheel, they don’t demiver me the carbon steering wheel and the extinguisher, i don’t have any info of the delay

i know magnesium wheel are sold out, but iam curious, do you think the garahe will change you the alloy wheel for the magnesium wheel later or not?
Salut Seb,

happy to to see à French guy. Great videos btw. did you drive a gt3 rs before the gt2 ?
They will give me the new magnesium wheels by the end of the year and I can keep the current aluminum wheels.
what are the steel brakes you put ? Did you destroy your pccb before or just for better modulation and less costly parts ?
Hope to see you soon on à European track !
Old 05-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
I would be grateful that I got an extra set of wheels for free, in addition to unobtanium allocations.
Yes, this would be very nice, but I never read the word "free". Hope it was inferred
Originally Posted by SEB74
Hey!
Great question
Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 PM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LoloM

Salut Seb,

happy to to see à French guy. Great videos btw. did you drive a gt3 rs before the gt2 ?
They will give me the new magnesium wheels by the end of the year and I can keep the current aluminum wheels.
what are the steel brakes you put ? Did you destroy your pccb before or just for better modulation and less costly parts ?
Hope to see you soon on à European track !
if you’ll get a second wheel set that is very good and serious from porsche 👍🏻
Yes i hope to meet you on track anyway i will only use the gt2 on the ring starting next week 🤟🏻 i have a race car for gp track
pccb is perfect steel is just cheaper to use intensively, you can buy a full Brembo set replacment to ATOMIX.fr, Same used on endurance championship.
also about the camber setup i highly recommend you the manthey racing one, just the best👍🏻
Old 05-15-2018, 02:34 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 73 Posts

Picked my WP up yesterday with the 'wrong' wheels and saw another one in the dealer compound with similar.

I was pissed off when I was told a couple of weeks ago but now I've driven the car all is forgiven, its immense!

I've made my feelings known and asked for some goodwill and they've said that I can keep the normal wheels. Anyone had a better offer?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:48 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,743 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Picked my WP up yesterday with the 'wrong' wheels and saw another one in the dealer compound with similar.

I was pissed off when I was told a couple of weeks ago but now I've driven the car all is forgiven, its immense!

I've made my feelings known and asked for some goodwill and they've said that I can keep the normal wheels. Anyone had a better offer?
That’s not a bad deal, imo
Old 05-15-2018, 03:01 PM
LoloM
Track Day

So far the same. But it is the minimum deal, they can do nothing with the aluminium wheels anyway.
I don t think I will get more !
sure I will love the car !!!!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:02 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,743 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Maybe ask that the Mags come shod with new tires also? Then you'd have a set for road and track...

Quick Reply: Magnesium wheels production delays