Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protective Film + Ceramic Pro (Look & Experience)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 05:41 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

This is mine being done.
Never had full car done before. I have had the car out just after snow melted. Here in Canada they spread salt and gravel on the roads during winter. They sweep up the gravel in the spring. I wait until the gravel has been swept before driving, except for this time. I drove the car 2000kms so far. I could hear the gravel hitting the car body. I was no longer concerned about paint damage. The car has been very dirty multiple times already. I have washed five or six times. I could see swirl marks in the ppf film. I left the car outside in 25 degrees C in direct sunlight. All swirls are GONE. Back to as perfect looking as new.
The cquartz on the whole film and wheels makes it a dream to clean.
The process cost was about $9000 Canadian Dollars. Very expensive but I would do it again for sure. Included in the total was also Clearplex front window film protection.

https://www.autoobsessed.com/blogs/p...orsche-911-gt3
Old 05-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't currently own a Porsche but have a fair amount of experience in coating cars with Carpro Cquartz UK that are also covered with Xpel. My M2 is 1.5 years old and driven 20,000 miles a year, 60 percent of the car is covered in Xpel and the rest just paint. I coated the entire car with Cquartz UK (2 coats) and the car looks amazing. Xpel and Cquartz are entirely compatible I verified this with both companies at SEMA when my car was on the boat over here. I believe that compatibility also will extend to just about every coating these days but it's worth an email to the manufacture. There is not much difference between the DIY products like Cquartz and the Ceramic Pro etc, one can be done for about 120 bucks all in and a few hours and the other costs thousands, it is a DIY anyone who can wash a car can do so I recommend the DIY approach.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Phil Yiu of Detailers Domain is a very well respected PPF installer. He is able to razor blade cut away the dirt lines as the years go by. Wrap will last at least 10 years using vehicle and longer is garaged. PPF can also be polished.
i know phil well and he is good.
while good installer razor cut the lines. the film will yellow.
it will not last 10years.
park a whilte car with film even 2 year old (and parkined in the garage the entire 2 years)) next to a white car that's just filmed yesterday, the 2 year car will not look white. u will see it on silver car too.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i know phil well and he is good.
while good installer razor cut the lines. the film will yellow.
it will not last 10years.
park a whilte car with film even 2 year old (and parkined in the garage the entire 2 years)) next to a white car that's just filmed yesterday, the 2 year car will not look white. u will see it on silver car too.
This is a good thing with my beige chalk...

But your right. Ive two year XPEL and there is ever so much of a hint.. but its not offensive or notable by any means, other then via specifically looking for it.

Quick Reply: Protective Film + Ceramic Pro (Look & Experience)