Sponsored by:

GT2RS Arrives at Porsche North Houston

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 09:24 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 843 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418
The thinking behind the "non-leather" option, was that there was so much alcantra, I liked the look with the non-leather dash and wanted to do a pretty low spec build. I guess some guys get off on stitching, leather, etc., and others just want to go fast.
Hats off to you and i agree with your thinking. Fu Fu options can be had in a Range Rover or Turbo S! This thing is all about going fast. Enjoy it. Jealous..
Old 04-13-2018, 09:29 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
No doubt!
Maybe the buyer just ordered it to be a weekend track car and it will be transported to every track event. Why get full leather then?

Congrats to the buyer for getting such an early car! My freind’s one won’t be built until July I think.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Best part is that it's an MSRP car too. PNH FTW!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:35 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts

Nothing wrong with GT silver. Classic color, looks great on GT3. Will go great with the green in your garage. 4S Car looks great.

I tried to do PTS on GT3 touring, but my build was too early, so went SBM.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:36 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:00 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Nothing wrong with GT silver. Classic color, looks great on GT3. Will go great with the green in your garage. 4S Car looks great.

I tried to do PTS on GT3 touring, but my build was too early, so went SBM.
Great color also. Love more reports on driving the 2RS. What an incredible car. Report back please. Have you picked it up or is it still getting prepped?
Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Yes, it is an MSRP car. But I didn't even know there were non MSRP cars until I read about them on this board. PNH sells all their cars at MSRP because their focus is the customer. And I'm not a 918 guy. I've just had a relationship with the dealer - they've always treated me like a VIP so I've just bought cars from them. They've been fair selling me cars and been fair buying them back. When a VIP wanted to move his build to the end of the production cycle, Billy Bennett and Gerald Tito called me and asked if I'd like an early car. My car has been in Houston for nearly a month, it had been stuck at the port for about a month and I'd get a texts from Gerald and Billy daily about it. They finally rescued it.

I'm thrilled to have the car, but bummed about the daily jokes about customs taking my car for a spin or the ferris bueller meme. Not only do they have a good sense of humor, they are a truly a customer focused dealer, and when you have that right, people buy cars there, which results in more allocations. When I had trouble with my land rover recently, Billy found someone to fix it at their Lambo store who is land rover certified, picked up the car, and fixed it. Different dealer, different cost center, but same customer - that's their focus.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:06 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Yes, it is an MSRP car. But I didn't even know there were non MSRP cars until I read about them on this board. PNH sells all their cars at MSRP because their focus is the customer. And I'm not a 918 guy. I've just had a relationship with the dealer - they've always treated me like a VIP so I've just bought cars from them. They've been fair selling me cars and been fair buying them back. When a VIP wanted to move his build to the end of the production cycle, Billy Bennett and Gerald Tito called me and asked if I'd like an early car. My car has been in Houston for nearly a month, it had been stuck at the port for about a month and I'd get a texts from Gerald and Billy daily about it. They finally rescued it.

I'm thrilled to have the car, but bummed about the daily jokes about customs taking my car for a spin or the ferris bueller meme. Not only do they have a good sense of humor, they are a truly a customer focused dealer, and when you have that right, people buy cars there, which results in more allocations. When I had trouble with my land rover recently, Billy found someone to fix it at their Lambo store who is land rover certified, picked up the car, and fixed it. Different dealer, different cost center, but same customer - that's their focus.
Completely second that. I would never buy a Porsche anywhere else even if I lived anywhere else (unles the people left and went somewhere else). The service department led by Mike Yale is absolutely first class too. Tito told me my 4S came from a great home. Glad to confirm.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:19 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Yale is aces. Very knowledgable about the brand, racing, and a true enthusiast.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Slip
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 21 Posts

Great car and spec, enjoy !!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I could not agree more. PNH has treated me like a king since day one & believe me I'm a small fry. Everyone there is super friendly & the service department has come through on many occasions including dealing with my Mercedes. I enjoy hanging with all the sales guys & special thanks to Roger who has always taken care of me.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:54 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Roger is a good dude as well. He and Tito are the gray beards there.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:37 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 93 Posts

Gorgeous 2RS! Hope to see it blowing past me at COTA sometime soon!
Old 04-14-2018, 12:50 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

Congrats, the car looks epic in all respects. Ignore the nonsense here, enjoy the ride!
Old 04-14-2018, 01:16 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Gorgeous car

Quick Reply: GT2RS Arrives at Porsche North Houston