Sponsored by:

NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 07:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinball
Good news: the market has definitely changed. Bad news: the cars are more expensive now.
Yep.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:19 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
Given the winged MT GT3 can be had for 20k or so less than similar spec touring, would you guys pick touring again? If so interested to learn more details. Me personally like touring's stealth look but don't think that alone worth the premium, and part of me still want a winged car as it's gonna be my first gt3 and that's how gt3 should've been to me for a long long time. Appreciate you inputs.
Yes would do it again and again. If you’re spending this kind of money on a car then get what you want. Don’t let $20k or whatever relatively small premium steer you. If you’re after a real Touring, it really doesn’t get better right now. If you want more race then go wing. There’s no right or wrong and anyone who says a GT3 must have a wing...well the premiums don’t lie
The following users liked this post:
Agent_Orange (07-05-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1150682
Old 07-04-2019, 12:16 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Further bad news: Sapphire production was discontinued during production of the GT3. Only the earliest GT3Ts could have been painted in SBM (without paying $13,000 to get it as a PTS color). It was not available as a color option when my build locked. Interestingly, SBM was the launch color for the car. It is curious that Porsche discontinued the launch color of the car midway through its production cycle. Perhaps so few were being ordered in SBM that they decided to discontinue the color as an option (along with Graphite Blue Metallic and Rhodium Silver).

I once read that if you dont know what color to pick for your car, go with the launch colors because thats what the companies stylists feel is "in" and what the car looks best as, kinda like buy the ensemble the store mannequin is wearing. However I bet Arena Red is the least desirable color for a a 993 turbo
The following 2 users liked this post by dark knight:
Agent_Orange (07-04-2019), sterno (07-05-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I once read that if you dont know what color to pick for your car, go with the launch colors because thats what the companies stylists feel is "in" and what the car looks best as, kinda like buy the ensemble the store mannequin is wearing. However I bet Arena Red is the least desirable color for a a 993 turbo
What were the launch colors for a Touring?
It was a mid-production addition so was there even one? Thank you
Old 07-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
What were the launch colors for a Touring?
It was a mid-production addition so was there even one? Thank you
SBM, which ironically...was discontinued during the production cycle...
Old 07-04-2019, 03:54 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
SBM, which ironically...was discontinued during the production cycle...
Really it was two, there was the SBM which was technically the launch car as it was at the launch, but there was also A1 black which was also featured in promotions. Both with chrome trim. Touring got a very sedate launch so it did not have the exposure of some of the other cars.

Regarding launch colors, I think Arena Red 993 turbos do really well.

Finally, while sometimes the launch color is clear (guards red on the 991.2 GT3, lizard on the 991.2 GT3RS, racing yellow on the GT4) Porsche seems to be going to more than one “launch color” as you can see with the 992.
Agent_Orange (07-05-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 09:20 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
It has always baffled me that a person couldn't identify his desired color on his own. Go with the launch color? Okay. Ask the internet what color to get? We see this all the time here on RL. Why not just flip a coin or drop a pencil?

This is not a shot at sapphire blue metallic, as I like the color (though I think it's a bit washed out compared to aqua blue metallic, the 997 color it replaced), but I think PAG has missed the mark on launch color several times. And some of them are far more recent than the 993 Turbo "Kills Bugs Fast" color. With this said, I did find it odd and unfortunate that SBM was used for GT3 Touring promotion and then quickly discontinued. Similarly, I remember the early leaked garage shots of the GT3T in graphite blue metallic, which looked incredible with black trim, black LEDs and black wheels with red lip. Those photos created quite a stir here on RL when they were first discovered, though GBM was also dropped from the palette soon after the Touring's introduction.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:12 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Finally, while sometimes the launch color is clear (guards red on the 991.2 GT3, lizard on the 991.2 GT3RS, racing yellow on the GT4) Porsche seems to be going to more than one “launch color” as you can see with the 992.
991.1 RS had two launch colour as well: UV and Lava Orange (the latter of which is arguably the worst colour in Porsche's history).
Old 07-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

Wow, why such hate for LO? Come on, like it or not, don't see how anyone can call it worst color in Porsche history. Zero chance of that. Gotta be some baby poo brown/yellow ahead of it. I'm not an LO owner but I'll defend it as at least the 2nd or 3rs worst in Porsche history. I don't mind it at all.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:26 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
991.1 RS had two launch colour as well: UV and Lava Orange (the latter of which is arguably the worst colour in Porsche's history).
Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Wow, why such hate for LO? Come on, like it or not, don't see how anyone can call it worst color in Porsche history. Zero chance of that. Gotta be some baby poo brown/yellow ahead of it. I'm not an LO owner but I'll defend it as at least the 2nd or 3rs worst in Porsche history. I don't mind it at all.

I was surprised by that comment, too. At first I was iffy about LO, but I have come to really like it. (I don't and haven't owned one and don't know if I ever will, but I would certainly consider it.)
Old 07-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Really? Says you lol. And that’s why LO came back as the launch color for the Cayenne Coupé? I’ll take LO any day over SBM which I’m happy they canned. I guess you don’t like Tangerine either right?
Old 07-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Really it was two, there was the SBM which was technically the launch car as it was at the launch, but there was also A1 black which was also featured in promotions. Both with chrome trim. Touring got a very sedate launch so it did not have the exposure of some of the other cars.

Regarding launch colors, I think Arena Red 993 turbos do really well.

While both attractive colors, my choices were not resolved to anywhere near either of those.

BTW, everyone knows Orange cars are just fashionable
Old 07-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

Color choice is so subjective, one man's worst color will be another man's favorite. Just like anything else in life, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I kicked around the idea of LO (if I had gotten a winged GT3) prior to getting a PTS slot. I went with an understated color for my Touring. But I think LO looks good in person. Here it is on an R, next to a tangerine 911, at Rare Shades One in Santa Cruz last summer. That LO 911 R was the inspiration for my GT3T interior. Houndstooth buckets, silver seat belts, deviated stitching in GT silver, carbon fiber gear shifter, full leather, carbon fiber trim.

Agent_Orange (07-08-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 04:36 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

I started at a LO GT3T at Stevens creek. It was really nice. I could not see myself in it and they wanted ridiculous ADM but it looks good.

Quick Reply: NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread