Just got the call! GT3T arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:54 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gtouring3
As the title says, GM just call and said the transport truck pulled into the lot 5 mins ago and to get my @ss over to the dealer to see if taken off the transport. I'm beyond excited! Pictures to follow. FYI - it's sunny and 55 degrees here in Chicago. Amazing day to take delivery. But... Snow tomorrow. HA.

I'll circle back shortly!

Kevin
Congrats on your new toy!! I just drove my new GT3 it's awesome your going to love it!!
Jerry
Old 02-28-2018, 04:20 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

Congratulations bud! Enjoy in good health. Excited to see photos.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:36 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
I love how you took the time to start a thread before you bolted out the door. I would have not! LOL Cant wait to see the pictures Congrats!
LOL. When I got my call, I literally dropped everything. Congrats.

Looks like more and more rennlisters are getting their cars delivered.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:04 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Flavors
You are so lucky that Illinois is not a CARB state. No such luck in NY -- my Touring is stuck in Rhode Island for another few weeks.
At least "a few more weeks." I'm waiting for a Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo that been dockside in San Diego since 12/7. It's expected CARB clearance date has been extended repeatedly. Right now, Porsche is saying "around 3/16" for both of our cars but back in December they were saying "not before February." I'm hoping to see my car sometime in April, but not holding my breath. I've sent a letter to PCNA's VP of customer relations about the issue. The response has been a deafening silence so far.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 Cayman
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo ... eventually?
Old 02-28-2018, 08:16 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

Let us know what you hear from PCNA. I'm betting not much. I've given up hope, as I've been given 4 dates on my Touring, and they continue to be moved up. My SA still thinks it's this week...
Old 02-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Gtouring3
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Couple of your comments cracked me up; specifically the ones about posting before I headed to the dealer. Quick explanation: we're all car enthusiast here - we literally eat, sleep and dream this stuff and sadly, I don't have many buddy's that 1) Understand or appreciate what these cars mean to me and 2) I don't have many friends that I can comfortably that I just purchased a ~$200k car with (I'm 42). So... I turn to you guys because we're all cut from a similar cloth.

Delivery was awesome. I took pics and video as the GT3 was taken from the truck and then they asked me if I wanted to to drive it a 1/4 mile to the service center. It was surreal - couldn't drive it faster than 20mph, but it was so memorable. I parked it in the service bay and countless sales, techs and other Porsche people flocked - this was the first touring they had received. It was cool to hear all of the compliments and comments about the subtleness of the touring model. I hung around for a few more minutes and then left them to do the PDI and get the car cleaned up.

Fast forward 3 hours and I returned with my 7 year old son. ** Quick AMAZING side note : my son was absolutely dead set on us ordering a Miami or Vodoo Blue GT3, but clearly it didn't happen. For months after placing the order, we'd visit the dealer and my son would act disappointed that we were going with Chalk and all the guys at the dealer would joke with him about getting Dad to change the order, etc, etc. So today, as we said our good byes and headed out to drive off the lot, the GM pulled a box from behind his desk and gave my son a Riveria Blue numbered, collectible GT3RS model. My son beamed for miles... It was a special moment.

I'll get around to posting pics tomorrow, but wanted to leave you all with one last thing - I met with the Master tech before I left and asked him about break in. I said I was confused by all of the opinions and wanted to hear it straight from him. With the Service Manager and GM standing there, he looked at me and said, "Drive the car like you stole it". I asked incredulously - for real? He's said these cars are made to be driven hard from mile 1 and he has no problem going on record stating that I should wind this thing out the moment I leave...

So... I put about 45 miles on the car with my son and I tooling around the back roads of suburban Chicago. I can't even BEGIN to describe the laughs and giggles we shared as I wrung this thing out in full glory for nearly an hour. Oh, and you should smell the garage - it's that glorious burning / breaking in smell. I have zero guilt driving it as it was designed. I realize this thread my open a can of worms about break in strategies, but I did what was advocated and couldn't be happier.

I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm going to eat dinner and then nerd out in the GT3 for the remainder of the night out in the garage.

Kevin
Old 02-28-2018, 08:57 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

as we all say
"need pictures, or it didn't happen"
Old 02-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Oh!!!- I love that smell, in one's garage, of a brand new Porsche after a drive.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 PM
russdc
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 56 Posts

Enjoy in good health buddy!!!!
Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 52 Posts

Congratulations on an extraordinary day and delivery experience. I hope your son grows to appreciate the special experience he shared with you. So glad to hear the Master Technician's break in comments. My 400 mile car is going to see 9K rpm this weekend. Unless of course that would affect depreciation...
Old 02-28-2018, 10:38 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I'll get around to posting pics tomorrow, but wanted to leave you all with one last thing - I met with the Master tech before I left and asked him about break in. I said I was confused by all of the opinions and wanted to hear it straight from him. With the Service Manager and GM standing there, he looked at me and said, "Drive the car like you stole it". I asked incredulously - for real? He's said these cars are made to be driven hard from mile 1 and he has no problem going on record stating that I should wind this thing out the moment I leave...

Kevin
Originally Posted by lfish
Congratulations on an extraordinary day and delivery experience. I hope your son grows to appreciate the special experience he shared with you. So glad to hear the Master Technician's break in comments. My 400 mile car is going to see 9K rpm this weekend. Unless of course that would affect depreciation...
Most of us will likely trade our cars in for the next gen GT3, RS, or GT2 RS, so no worries about "tales of break - in". I happen to be a member of the Church of the Proper Break In. LOL. So does MY master tech, BTW. Just enjoy the car, and whatever happens, never admit to NOT doing the break in

Great to read about the father son bonding!!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:53 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Couple of your comments cracked me up; specifically the ones about posting before I headed to the dealer. Quick explanation: we're all car enthusiast here - we literally eat, sleep and dream this stuff and sadly, I don't have many buddy's that 1) Understand or appreciate what these cars mean to me and 2) I don't have many friends that I can comfortably that I just purchased a ~$200k car with (I'm 42). So... I turn to you guys because we're all cut from a similar cloth.

Delivery was awesome. I took pics and video as the GT3 was taken from the truck and then they asked me if I wanted to to drive it a 1/4 mile to the service center. It was surreal - couldn't drive it faster than 20mph, but it was so memorable. I parked it in the service bay and countless sales, techs and other Porsche people flocked - this was the first touring they had received. It was cool to hear all of the compliments and comments about the subtleness of the touring model. I hung around for a few more minutes and then left them to do the PDI and get the car cleaned up.

Fast forward 3 hours and I returned with my 7 year old son. ** Quick AMAZING side note : my son was absolutely dead set on us ordering a Miami or Vodoo Blue GT3, but clearly it didn't happen. For months after placing the order, we'd visit the dealer and my son would act disappointed that we were going with Chalk and all the guys at the dealer would joke with him about getting Dad to change the order, etc, etc. So today, as we said our good byes and headed out to drive off the lot, the GM pulled a box from behind his desk and gave my son a Riveria Blue numbered, collectible GT3RS model. My son beamed for miles... It was a special moment.

So... I put about 45 miles on the car with my son and I tooling around the back roads of suburban Chicago. I can't even BEGIN to describe the laughs and giggles we shared as I wrung this thing out in full glory for nearly an hour. Oh, and you should smell the garage - it's that glorious burning / breaking in smell. I have zero guilt driving it as it was designed. I realize this thread my open a can of worms about break in strategies, but I did what was advocated and couldn't be happier.

I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm going to eat dinner and then nerd out in the GT3 for the remainder of the night out in the garage.

Kevin

Best post I've read in a long time Kevin -

I love it!!

A few of my buddies and I are doing Road America on May 12th with Laps INC - Wanna go with us?
Old 03-01-2018, 12:03 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Awesome story
Old 03-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Great story

Quick Reply: Just got the call! GT3T arrived!