991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible additional run of GT3's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018 | 01:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I doubt there's a single dealer out there that sells every single one at ADM. Many will get cars at MSRP and many will pay ADM. They're two different markets, with very different forces acting upon them. This is debate about why apples don't sell the same as oranges.
Old 03-04-2018 | 01:09 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fuddman
I just had to check your "I was told" list:

First up: San Diego Porsche

Selling 2018 GT3 - MSRP $163,750. Asking : $189,750. A "used car" no less. Clever way to slip the ADM in while claiming they're an ADM free zone.

https://www.porscheofsandiego.com/in...tallic+1729299

Sorry to burst your bubble.
All used recent GT cars are sold above MSRP regardless of the dealer. This has nothing to do with regular long term clients who do get allocations at MSRP. Big difference.
Old 03-04-2018 | 01:13 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe

Selling 2018 GT3 - MSRP $163,750. Asking : $189,750. A "used car" no less. Clever way to slip the ADM in while claiming they're an ADM free zone.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because a dealer sold a car with ADM that ALL of their allocations were sold with ADM. Many dealers sell most of their allocations at MSRP, but save a couple to 'squeeze' out people willing to pay.
There is also a difference between new and used (with low miles)
Old 03-04-2018 | 02:00 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

That car is CPO with 1100 miles. My TX dealer sells used cars like that over MSRP too and it doesn't impact me one bit when I pay MSRP for new.
Old 03-04-2018 | 02:24 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

this ADM **** is stupid
you got to the place to afford these cars. you are taking ADM in ur line of work.

if u all stop buying there will be no adm

i dont flip stuff.
but if you want to pay me 3x what i paid for my house, 2x more thani paid for my watch. or for my kids wife whatever...
if you paid enough, u can have it.

dealer, you or any business owners know that......
the issue is the buyer not the seller

dont blame THEM blame US

and when there is no ADM the item is no longer HOT.
why not buy a msrp coach bag, why kill yourselves buying birkin.

why not buy a two tone daytona at discount and not pay 50% over msrp for stainless steel

we all want what others what.

go buy a targa, they are discounted.....

yes i get some cars at MSRP but i also paid a lot of ADM in other ways. some i am too embarrassed to tell
Old 03-04-2018 | 02:46 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Truth!
Sometimes you gotta pay to play!
Old 03-05-2018 | 12:08 AM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by mooty
this ADM **** is stupid
you got to the place to afford these cars. you are taking ADM in ur line of work.

if u all stop buying there will be on adm

i dont flip stuff.
but if you want to pay me 3x what i paid for my house, 2x more thani paid for my watch. or for my kids wife whatever...

dealer, you or any business owners knows. that......

dont blame THEM blame US

and when there is no ADM the item is no longer HOT.
why not buy a msrp coach bag, why kill yourselves buying birkin.

why not buy a two tone daytona at discount and not pay 50% over msrp for stainless steel

we all want what others what.

go buy a targa, they are discounted.....

yes i get some cars at MSRP but i also paid a lot of ADM in other ways. some i am too embarrassed to tell
Do tell...
Old 03-05-2018 | 12:09 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SANDIEGO
San Diego Porsche laughed at me when I offered 25K over for their chalk GT3 about a month ago. They told me that they turned down offers for 30K over. The next week I went to Porsche of Irvine and bought a car with precisely the options/color I wanted for 20K over sticker. I have owned six 911s over the years and my next one will be bought through Porsche Irvine. The sales guy to ask for is Hamid. I have never had such a positive experience buying any car. Tell him Dave from San Diego sent you. They just opened last fall and want to really change the way P cars are sold and maintained in SoCAL.
Really? Then why didn't the sell their GT3s to local customers to locals? That really change things in SoCal. haha
Old 03-05-2018 | 12:42 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

People that paid adm, that is your perogative. Just because you got taken advantage of doesn't mean that everyone else did too. .
Since when does paying ADM equate to being taken advantage of? If you are late to the game and decide you would like a car and call 20-30 dealers and can't get one you have a really simple decision. You can decide to buy something else, or you can decide the car in worth paying a certain number over list based upon your value system and your personal finances. This is not to be mistaken as being taken advantage of. It means you are willing to pay or not pay what the market price is when you made a decision to buy. Obviously those that decided to buy very early, or are better shoppers, or have certain "connections" all won't pay the same price. Such is economics when dealing with a relatively rare item. Being taken advantage of implies the shopper is naive which I doubt most purchasers of GT3s are.
Originally Posted by doborder
Truth!
Sometimes you gotta pay to play!
This is very true, if you decide you really want to play.
Old 03-05-2018 | 01:04 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Since when does paying ADM equate to being taken advantage of? If you are late to the game and decide you would like a car and call 20-30 dealers and can't get one you have a really simple decision. You can decide to buy something else, or you can decide the car in worth paying a certain number over list based upon your value system and your personal finances. This is not to be mistaken as being taken advantage of. It means you are willing to pay or not pay what the market price is when you made a decision to buy. Obviously those that decided to buy very early, or are better shoppers, or have certain "connections" all won't pay the same price. Such is economics when dealing with a relatively rare item. Being taken advantage of implies the shopper is naive which I doubt most purchasers of GT3s are.

This is very true, if you decide you really want to play.
You got taken advantage of. That is the entire premise of ADM. If you're cool with it and that was the only way to get a car, so be it. However, you still got taken advantage of.
Old 03-05-2018 | 01:07 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

You got taken advantage of. That is the entire premise of ADM. If you're cool with it and that was the only way to get a car, so be it. However, you still got taken advantage of.
Dude could you be anymore condescending?
Old 03-05-2018 | 01:08 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Dude could you be anymore condescending?
I certainly can.

You know I call a spade a spade.

btw, I just noticed your sig: "The pural of anecdote is not data." I like it.
Old 03-05-2018 | 01:21 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
if u all stop buying there will be no adm
i dont flip stuff.

dealer, you or any business owners know that......

dont blame THEM blame US
Bang on
Old 03-05-2018 | 01:35 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

At the end of the day, the reason a lot of us do not like to pay ADM is because we do not like to feel we have been taken advantage of. True
Old 03-05-2018 | 01:47 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Deleted

Quick Reply: Possible additional run of GT3's?