Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 buying experience turned into a nightmare!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Oliver Blume email: oliver.blume@porsche.de

Originally Posted by beoliving
Wow, shocking story! No way to us your car for a press event. I suggest to write letter to Mr. Blume with your complains. He has a team who handles customer enquiries and this get noticed. The Germans have a nice name for it "Vorstandsbeschwerde", or in english "customer complain to board member". There is a defined process how Porsche handles this.
Great advice, Escalate this to Germany immediately
Direct Contact info from https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-79216
Porsche Mr Oliver Blume CEO
Email oliver.blume@porsche.de

I had to Wiki him but he looks like he comes from the ground up - a very good indication he has impeccable respect for Porsche branding
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Blume

Originally Posted by Cormid
Personally, I would be very uncomfortable having my car whored out without my consent. With consent and COMPENSATION...that's a different story.
Those photos make it look like people are crawling all over your car. I would NOT be comfortable with this.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Cars get used by dealers all the time for various functions. I have lent my cars out to charity events form time to time, people sit in them, touch them etc..
Good point but I would point out that your term "lent" implies you were asked and agreed to this occurring. Not being asked evokes a very unhappy surprise. It may also be the case that you have a higher comfort level that arises from a high turnover of cars in your stable. My understanding of India car dealers (Ferrari is absent there) is that it is worse than The Wild West
Old 02-19-2018, 03:39 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by AbsolutelyNobody
I'm kind of surprised how many people are OK with this... are you guys really saying you would be fine with buying a half million dollar car and then having it used as a launch/press/display car without even notifying you or asking for consent?

If it were my car I'd be pissed as hell, too... in fact where I live all the launch/display/press cars are usually sold off at a pretty large discount.
Lol it's not a half million dollar car....and the title of the thread is "nightmare experience ". This hardly qualifies as a nightmare. He said he got his car and is very happy months ago.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:08 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Lol it's not a half million dollar car....and the title of the thread is "nightmare experience ". This hardly qualifies as a nightmare. He said he got his car and is very happy months ago.
That's what I don't get, the timeline seems to be: 1. He finds out about press event in September, 2. Press event takes place in October (Porsche India Owns the car at this point so can legally do what they want), 3. Later in October he takes delivery of the car (first time he has legal tittle), assuming after inspecting it given concern following press event, 4. Now Feb, he complains car used for press event. Honestly, Own the decision that you took delivery of the car and get on with life.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:27 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

It certainly is very close to that in many ROW countries.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

If you were unhappy, you did not have to buy it.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:09 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I was told from the beginning that memory was NEVER an option in a GT3, I wasnt even looking for the option but I found out its NOT an option.
It looks like the car has 18 ways. But no memory. I would try to get the 10K back for the upcharge but yes, this is why the auto game is not the most scrupulous
place to play.
I hope you get a good result and I really wish Porsche would lead the way in ending these dealer games.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I was told from the beginning that memory was NEVER an option in a GT3, I wasnt even looking for the option but I found out its NOT an option.
It looks like the car has 18 ways. But no memory. I would try to get the 10K back for the upcharge but yes, this is why the auto game is not the most scrupulous
place to play.
I hope you get a good result and I really wish Porsche would lead the way in ending these dealer games.
Is it true, as he states, many US customers were refunded because of the config error in regards to memory seats?......first I've heard of that on here
Old 02-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

I won't be ok with this.

I wouldn't want my car manhandled by some press release idiots, especially without my consent.
This is a type of thing that will **** me off occasionally when I think about it and I feel bad for OP b/c what's been done is done. Just write a letter of complaint and see if you can get some money out of it if that will make you feel better.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Shivjeet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
Wow, shocking story! No way to us your car for a press event. I suggest to write letter to Mr. Blume
Thanks for the info. Will surely do this!

Originally Posted by Haku
IMO, your grieviences may need to be directed to your dealer. They in turn would direct the issues to Porsche India or PAG.

The dealer was himself kept in the dark for the longest time. I need to contact PAG directly.

Originally Posted by rodsky
I think what PI did was F’ing ridiculous.. Write a letter to PAG
Will do, now that I have some info on how to do it. Thanks!
Originally Posted by CAlexio
This is a gruesome situation #becauseindia and I really hope you find resolution. Have you considered a nice forceful b!tchslap across this man's face with your glove when you meet him?

I don't as I would never want to see him :P

Originally Posted by Cormid
Personally, I would be very uncomfortable having my car whored out without my consent. With consent and COMPENSATION...that's a different story.
True.
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyNobody
If it were my car I'd be pissed as hell, too... in fact where I live all the launch/display/press cars are usually sold off at a pretty large discount.
Absolutely right!
Originally Posted by robmypro
Two things come to mind. First, get your $10k back and don't go to war. Second, plan on keeping this car for a very long time.
Thanks! Definitely a keeper for life.
Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I kind of imagine that the rules and legal obligations in New Dehli / Mumbai / India etc. are probably different than those extant here in the U.S.
Correct. I do know that the laws a different, but my intention to post on Rennlist was only to get general advice and not the legal side of it. The press launch without consent is anyways un-ethical, even if law isn't involved.

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Great advice, Escalate this to Germany immediately
Direct Contact info from https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-79216
Porsche Mr Oliver Blume CEO
Email oliver.blume@porsche.de
Those photos make it look like people are crawling all over your car. I would NOT be comfortable with this.
Thanks a lot for digging out the email ID . Yes, I did misread the "lent" part, my bad.

It is half a million dollars in India, as we pay about 200% customs duty on every imported vehicle. I have no issues with the car whatsoever, and enjoying it to the fullest.
Originally Posted by NateOZ
That's what I don't get, the timeline seems to be: 1. He finds out about press event in September, 2. Press event takes place in October (Porsche India Owns the car at this point so can legally do what they want), 3. Later in October he takes delivery of the car (first time he has legal tittle), assuming after inspecting it given concern following press event, 4. Now Feb, he complains car used for press event. Honestly, Own the decision that you took delivery of the car and get on with life.
As I mentioned in my post, I did not take any kind of action as I figured that PI would eventually blame it on the dealership somehow, which I did not want because the dealer principle is a professional guy and its not his fault or his staff's. Basically I had no plans to act on the incident at all, but now even after 4 months PI is apparently still "investigating" the 18 ways option issue, which is a way to avoid my claim, so I decided that I need to do something about it. Which lead me to narrating the complete case from start. It's not the money, but it's the way things are being handled and the way I have been treated, is what upsets me the most. Keeping the press launch issue aside, I would love to know what sort of an "investigation" PI is doing that its taking them 4 months to own up to the error and refund my money. PI themselves had confirmed to me through email, that my GT3 would have memory. I myself was unsure of it, so I decided to check with them and confirm whether the 991.2 is a different case or not. I believe the only way its going to work is through PAG.
Originally Posted by evilfij
If you were unhappy, you did not have to buy it.
I wish it was as easy as that. It was the first time I waited for so long to get a car, from the day of deposit till delivery. On top of it all, the 70,000 USD was non-refundable according to the sale contract. To get the 70,000 back, I would've had to fight in Indian courts for maybe 10 odd years. There was also no way I would've got another brand new 991.2 GT3, after declining the purchase.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

All this it why I moved to the US. Everyone bends the rules, top level politician down to the policeman is corrupt. Same goes with people in the private sector. And having grown up in this part of the world I can't help but feel a sense of 'I don't want commoners touching my half a million dollar car' tone in OP's story.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:43 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Shivjeet
I wish it was as easy as that. It was the first time I waited for so long to get a car, from the day of deposit till delivery. On top of it all, the 70,000 USD was non-refundable according to the sale contract. To get the 70,000 back, I would've had to fight in Indian courts for maybe 10 odd years. There was also no way I would've got another brand new 991.2 GT3, after declining the purchase.
I certainly don't envy the situation. But ultimately, it was a decision you made at delivery, accept the car or loose the deposit. I think you chose well to accept the car. You have a fully functional GT3,,, it's not like you have an engine ready to catch fire or a gearbox problem like other GT cars. Yes you paid an extra $10k for 18 way memory seats and only got 18 way seats- but you still got 18 ways seats and that's what PI charge for them and that's what everyone gets when choosing 18 ways seats. Memory is just not an option. Getting a GT3 is much better solution than loosing $70k. Sure, write a letter and hopefully get an apology and PAG might give PI a dressing down. Tit for tat.

I wouldn't sweat it and certainly would not consider it to be a nightmare. Go and enjoy the car with your Dad and make some great memories.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:18 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Well I think it would be cool to say my car was used in my country's launch.....
That part sounds cool, but the part about 100 or so media members and curious Georges getting in and out of it... not so much.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

delete

Last edited by Haku; 02-19-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:13 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Newbie here, but I'm horrified by the OP's experience and astounded that so many seem to think he's overreacting.

Sure, his practical options for recourse are limited, and he may be better off keeping the car, but that doesn't change the fact that Porsche India's actions were egregious and ought to be addressed by PAG. I would be livid if dozens of press members were allowed to sit in my GT3 without my consent. The OP paid for a brand new car and deserved the pleasure of receiving it that way.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:48 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

half mil for a GT3...wow

Quick Reply: GT3 buying experience turned into a nightmare!!