Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 buying experience turned into a nightmare!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 09:20 AM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What 991carreradriver means is that Porsche watches this site and what is being said.

I've only driven past BIC on the way to Agra. My timing is probably not the best. I conduct business in the New Delhi area 3 to 4 times per year.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
I agree! But I would also have wanted to be part of the party. That's like seeing your new hot girlfriend on a big stage but not being able to tell anyone that she's with you.

In cases like this, I find that it helps to be very specific on your "ask" for what you want to be considered to make things right. Don't expect Porsche to come up with the resolution for you. You should be the one to propose (in writing) what steps you want to happen so that you feel satisfied. List options and alternatives if needed. It sounds like you want the right seats (or a refund) some interior detailing and paint correction? If so, tell them.

Have you filled out your dealer survey yet? That's another method to state your issues and requests.
agree, and since you have a good relationship with the dealer vs this other guy ......I would draft a letter to specifically ask for what you want. This is more of a dealer issue, and you need to be clear to what you want ..........not sure GT cars ever had memory seats, but not hard adjusting the seat back to how you like it and some cleaning. **** off the dealer you may never get an allocation if you have few choices in your network.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Shivjeet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
I agree! But I would also have wanted to be part of the party. That's like seeing your new hot girlfriend on a big stage but not being able to tell anyone that she's with you.

In cases like this, I find that it helps to be very specific on your "ask" for what you want to be considered to make things right. Don't expect Porsche to come up with the resolution for you. You should be the one to propose (in writing) what steps you want to happen so that you feel satisfied. List options and alternatives if needed. It sounds like you want the right seats (or a refund) some interior detailing and paint correction? If so, tell them.

Have you filled out your dealer survey yet? That's another method to state your issues and requests.
Hahaha! I didn't go because I was completely against it.

Ok. My intention to post here was to tell the issue, and ask for possible suggestions what to do and on how to contact PAG. I would've asked for things in the email I would've written to them. Now that 991carreradriver has suggested that there's no need, because they would see the thread, then I'll just speak to them if they ever contact me.

Haven't got a dealer survey yet
Old 02-19-2018, 09:28 AM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No way your car should have been used for a promotional event without your permission.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Shivjeet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
What 991carreradriver means is that Porsche watches this site and what is being said.

I've only driven past BIC on the way to Agra. My timing is probably not the best. I conduct business in the New Delhi area 3 to 4 times per year.
Perfect! Do PM me whenever you're visiting next

Originally Posted by Maverick787

agree, and since you have a good relationship with the dealer vs this other guy ......I would draft a letter to specifically ask for what you want. This is more of a dealer issue, and you need to be clear to what you want ..........not sure GT cars ever had memory seats, but not hard adjusting the seat back to how you like it and some cleaning. **** off the dealer you may never get an allocation if you have few choices in your network.
Yeah, I have no issues with the dealer, only with Porsche India and obviously with this other guy since he heads it. I know, but I didn't want any confusion as you never know what Porsche plans for a car, so got a confirmation from the horse's mouth which turns out to be incorrect. Memory would be extra comfort, as there's two of us switching and driving the GT3. Could've done with the standard 4 ways if memory function was bound to be missing, or would've taken buckets since I've spend that money on seats.

Originally Posted by ejdoherty911
No way your car should have been used for a promotional event without your permission.
Thanks for your support and understanding

Last edited by Shivjeet; 02-19-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: more replies
Old 02-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Shivjeet
Hahaha! I didn't go because I was completely against it.

Ok. My intention to post here was to tell the issue, and ask for possible suggestions what to do and on how to contact PAG. I would've asked for things in the email I would've written to them. Now that 991carreradriver has suggested that there's no need, because they would see the thread, then I'll just speak to them if they ever contact me.

Haven't got a dealer survey yet
my opinion the dealer should be making you hold as they sold you the car, and they need to deal with the guy who made the call to use your car and keep you out of the middle.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:02 AM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, shocking story! No way to us your car for a press event. I suggest to write letter to Mr. Blume with your complains. He has a team who handles customer enquiries and this get noticed. The Germans have a nice name for it "Vorstandsbeschwerde", or in english "customer complain to board member". There is a defined process how Porsche handles this.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Was the car damaged in any way when you first laid eyes on it or at delivery?

Had a significant amount of miles been added due to the press launch?

Had the dealer been invoiced for the car at the time of the press launch?

IMO, your grieviences may need to be directed to your dealer. They in turn would direct the issues to Porsche India or PAG.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787

my opinion the dealer should be making you hold as they sold you the car, and they need to deal with the guy who made the call to use your car and keep you out of the middle.
Agree. Your dealer should be the one helping you. They should be the ones getting you your $10,000 back. They should be working on your behalf and their best interest to get you the money.

As for your car being used at a press release ect - get over it. This is not like some one coveting your Wife.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:52 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

I think what PI did was F’ing ridiculous.. Write a letter to PAG and ask for a response on what they intend to do to make it right? I am certain that they have broken laws by using your car without your permission for an event. Secondly, asking for your money back for the memory seats. BUt at the end of the day, you’re lucky and have a awesome car. Don’t let all this other crap ruin what should be a happy time..
Old 02-19-2018, 01:11 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Good god my man, this sound a bit like Caligula Caesar and his ritual of "primae noctis" where he would rape his soldiers wives on the day of their wedding as he considered it his divine right to do so.

Or, like when Jabba the Hut kept Leia chained up in a bikini and got his slime all over her naked body!

This is a gruesome situation #becauseindia and I really hope you find resolution. Have you considered a nice forceful b!tchslap across this man's face with your glove when you meet him?

best of luck finding a resolution.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:52 PM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally, I would be very uncomfortable having my car whored out without my consent. With consent and COMPENSATION...that's a different story.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:05 PM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 298 Likes on 118 Posts

I'm kind of surprised how many people are OK with this... are you guys really saying you would be fine with buying a half million dollar car and then having it used as a launch/press/display car without even notifying you or asking for consent?

If it were my car I'd be pissed as hell, too... in fact where I live all the launch/display/press cars are usually sold off at a pretty large discount.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:47 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Two things come to mind. First, get your $10k back and don't go to war. Second, plan on keeping this car for a very long time. See this video for more info. :-) Sorry about your troubles. Nothing spoils the initial ownership experience like this crap. So lucky to have purchased my car from a fellow RL and awesome guy like ZZinger!

Old 02-19-2018, 02:56 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,024 Likes on 5,240 Posts

I kind of imagine that the rules and legal obligations in New Dehli / Mumbai / India etc. are probably different than those extant here in the U.S.

So, it is a bit odd for the OP to come on RL, a board that is very U.S.-centric and to seek either empathy or advice.

Quick Reply: GT3 buying experience turned into a nightmare!!