Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miscommunication surrounding 991.2 GT3 RS Deposit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 10:50 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Paul Miller still has my deposit for a long time. I don't seem to move up the GT3 list even though they keep delivering cars. I keep getting info on used ones they have in stock. I keep passing on used ones. I told them to keep my deposit and never return it because at some point in time they can't deny that my turn came up! It might me a 992 or whatever they call the GT3 after that. I am a patient guy.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:18 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hiroshikato1
Unfortunately a deposit really doesn't mean anything. Even a written contract with a deposit always has the clause that the company or dealership can cancel the order and return the deposit with no repercussions. The odds of getting a 991.2 GT2RS for less than $100K ADM at this moment in time is a real fantasy because there are buyers out there offering much more. As far as blaming PCNA, the dealerships control ADM's and franchise or not, thinking that in this free market economy controlling dealerships receiving more than MSRP for certain cars when we all expect to pay less than MSRP for every other model vehicle is just not logical. Do I agree with it or like it? No, but I get it and if you don't understand that there are customers at every dealership who get first dibs on any GT car before any other clients, I don't think anyone will make you understand it. I am a watch collector and this GT car scenario is very similar to the Rolex 116500 Ceramic Daytona, everyone wants one and has deposits on them but only a handful have received them. I own one but it is not because I put a deposit down or paid a huge mark up, it is because the AD allocates a certain amount for valued clients and some go out the door at fair market value (as in $18K for a $12.5K watch). Like my Porsche dealer, my watch dealer knows that the regular customers keep their mouths closed and don't reveal pricing easily. When pushed the customers tell people that they paid list price which makes all dealers look good. The old adage is true, unfortunately you have to pay to play. Sorry. That being said, from what the OP has written, Miller should have reached out via email or phone to explain the situation prior to the deposit being returned but he also should have tried to contact the dealership before lashing out online...
So there is ADM on Rolex? No one can get for MSRP? I thought watches were mostly sold for way under MSRP and MSRP is just for prestige.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,687 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
So there is ADM on Rolex? No one can get for MSRP? I thought watches were mostly sold for way under MSRP and MSRP is just for prestige.
lol NO
rollie 116500
pp 5711
to name just two current watches, if you dont spend $500k USD a year , you are not likely getting them at msrp.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 02-19-2018, 10:25 AM
omgt3
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand you’re not happy about getting your deposit back but calling them stealers is definitely not warranted in this case. They probably don’t have enough allocations to fulfill all the requests and they refunded you your money.
They went above and beyond to accommodate me with my GT3 purchase and delivery process. Have nothing but positive feedback for them.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by omgt3
I understand you’re not happy about getting your deposit back but calling them stealers is definitely not warranted in this case. They probably don’t have enough allocations to fulfill all the requests and they refunded you your money.
They went above and beyond to accommodate me with my GT3 purchase and delivery process. Have nothing but positive feedback for them.
I think at this point no one really knows much. OP received his check in the mail but no details on his conversation with the GM ect.. Also- Is OP from out of State ect and has he had ongoing contact with the Dealer since leaving a deposit 2 years ago?

A lot missing here
Old 02-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Paul Miller is an MSRP dealership. I've worked with Nick over there and had a great experience. They are one of the most well run dealers around.

lies! Explain the $700k price tag on the white/green 911R i saw last year. I’ve been there several times, and the hotshots acted like they don’t need your business. “Call me” etc. ****, it’s your job to call me!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
OK, The Seinfeld Soup **** comparison is really going too far no matter how hilarious that is!
Old 02-19-2018, 12:04 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
What agreement? He hasn't said. A deposit agreement is not a purchase contract. It doesn't bind anyone to anything other than returning the deposit if a car is not purchased.
This. Neither buyer or seller are obligated to buy or sell. It’s not a contract to purchase. It’s a deposit of interest.

If they get 10 deposits. Then at a later date, Porsche tells them they will only get 4 cars. Not everyone will get a car. So not everyone has a purchase contract - that seems fairly obvious, no? Multiple scenarios still play out. Number 1 on the list gets offered a car and says no (his right, his circumstances may have changed), number 2 goes to number 1 etc.

So OP I don’t believe you have a contract in writing to purchase a car. I believe you have in writing that they took a deposit from you. And you are on a list that they manage.I think both you and the dealership have not handled it well. There have been no conversations until after you trashed them. The fact that you are an enthusiast and track your cars is admirable but nothing more important than someone who wants to buy one and just stare at it. The fact they sent a check with no call etc., seems like poor customer service at best.

Also, from what I can tell, you have no proof that they intend to sell at ADM. Which is what you are inferring.

if I am wrong, I will gladly apologize. I live in LAband don’t know PM from a bar of soap.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:08 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
What you're saying makes sense on one hand, yet has nothing to do with the frustration coming from the OP. He had a deposit and an agreement, and is mad that said agreement is was unilaterally canceled.
Also, there are plenty of buyers out there like myself who would love to buy a new GT car, have it serviced at the dealership, and trade it back in for the next model yet we aren't given the chance. I don't want a panny and a turbo, so I'll never buy a brand new Porsche at this point which is fine by me.

This is exactly my predicament. I want a 991.2 GT3 or an RS. And I keep my cars for along time. I still have my 2004 996 GT3. I had an 2007 RS. The 2007 RS Pumpkin was my original dream car.

I have not wanted another GT car since the 2007 RS due to the transmission and varicam problems with the 2010 RS' , then Porsche switched the GT cars to PDK only. I want a manual transmission GT car for as long as I am able to drive one correctly. If the PDK's are faster, I just need to drive better to keep up.

I do not want a 911 Turbo S. I do not want a Macan, Panamera, or Cayenne Turbo. I had an 05 and my wife had an 06 Cayenne Turbo. I had to take the front lights out every 6 months to clean the connections, the turn signals would stop working, I had airbag sensor lights on for most of the time I owned the vehicles. I would get them fixed, only for them to reappear some time later. It was the simple every day things that should have worked on the Cayenne's that drove me crazy. I did not keep them long enough for the drive shaft problems, or coolant line problems to show up.

So the mere reason that I do not (and am not able financially) buy a lot of cars from a dealership ensures that I am on nobody's list even at the bottom.

As a dealer GM in the bay are told me, "we sell our GT cars to our customers that buy many vehicles from us, and trade those vehicles back into to us so we can sell them again" He continued by saying "I can sell you a car, but your ADM is going to be much much higher than to my customers. With you, I do not know if I will ever see the car again"

As much as it pains me to hear what the GM was telling me, I can not really disagree with it. I really have no dealer relationships any more. So it is ADM or no 991.2 GT3 manual for me.

Pranqster
Old 02-19-2018, 12:11 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Update:
Just got a call from the GM. He was very nice and profusely apologetic. He said there was a miscommunication between the SA and him and my order didn't make it to his desk so that's why the check was issued. He reiterated that they are one of the good guys and only sell at MSRP. He said I've been put back in the list where I was and they'll let me know if I have an allocation when they get their numbers. I have to say this is really all I wanted. It doesn't even matter if they give me a car, of course it would be really nice if they did but the fact that he reached out and clarified the miscommunication is highly appreciated. As I told him I'm just looking for a fair shake not for special treatment. Anyways if the admin could edit the title of this thread to "miscommunication surrounding GT3 RS deposits" it would be appropriate at this time. I would do it myself I just didn't know how or if I can do it. Happy President's Day everyone
Old 02-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd be annoyed too - who knows what the real story was, but good they reached out to you directly.

You can also edit your first post with an update.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^
good to hear ,
Old 02-19-2018, 12:30 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 02-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
lol NO
rollie 116500
pp 5711
to name just two current watches, if you dont spend $500k USD a year , you are not likely getting them at msrp.
In the Midwest Rolex absolutely still sold for MSRP. Long wait and lists on certain models? yes. Just like the good guy Porsche dealers in the Midwest. Many luxury watch brands are still sold at a discount here in the Midwest. Used to be 20% off now it's leaning back towards mostly 10% or tax. You blue sky guys pay too much for everything houses, cars, watches etc. then again my RS is under a cover, it's 7 degrees today and their is 14' of snow in my yard. Not sure I am actually winning...

Quick Reply: Miscommunication surrounding 991.2 GT3 RS Deposit