Sponsored by:

Schmee GT3 and tour of Exclusive Manufaktur

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:34 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
How about complete in-house rebuild of a carrera GT? (Its happening as we speak)
This for the ""exclusive, exclusive exclusive"" list ? Maybe they need to set up a customer loyalty card with points, so we can all get excited by racking up extra points and flashing platinum cards at the counter when putting in an order
Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 AM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

So what I don't get is if you order colored dials (in the main instrument cluster) those get installed on the factory floor, but the same colored dial for the SC gets installed off the line, by a guy that pops off and discards a perfectly working stock black one??? So they can do just-in-time for the instrument cluster, but not for SC?! That is neither efficient nor intelligent (and scratching my head if this is indeed a labor union issue...)

FWIW, I asked Exclusive for a yellow SC dial - something currently offered on regular 911s (and incidentally on the GT4), however was denied. This gives me encouragement that I'll be able to do that myself by buying a new 'clock' (in yellow) from the likes of Suncoast. Looks to be an easy DIY with the right plastic trim removal tools.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:13 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
I'm surprised he went for PDK instead of manual.
He produced another video in which he tries hard to convince viewers (read: himself) that PDK was the right choice.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:48 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
On the configurator, satin alum wheels (like Schmee’s) are a Porsche Exclusive option but they don’t seem to be installed at Porsche Exclusive. Same with Black PDLS and a few other parts. Can someone explain?

seems like some Exclusive parts are installed after assembly line and some aren’t.
Depends on take rate. Some are therefore production line and some are done in the workshop. When you are building 250k cars you need to carefully weigh whether introducing additional parts variations for just-in-time.

Exclusive options may have once been CXX and became popular enough to justify as a standard option.

Also, branding.

Things I think about on long drives...
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Always something more exclusive then the exclusive... ! Right Hand drive. If coming out this way, only guy I can think of potentially in the "exclusive exclusive" category would be Mark Weber. Porsche guy and I think it suits him. Simple classic colour not to over the top for what they probably argue is the best daily car with all the fruit that they have in the line up atm.
But isn't he an employee instead of a client?
Old 02-16-2018, 12:20 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
But isn't he an employee instead of a client?
Don't you know they prefer kicking in the *** the clients rather than the employees?

Last edited by fxz; 02-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Schmee GT3 and tour of Exclusive Manufaktur