Sponsored by:

Schmee GT3 and tour of Exclusive Manufaktur

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 09:21 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Very simple solution to that. Do not try and watch his videos. The amount of complaints this guy draws when watching his content is purely optional is beyond me.
I hear you, but you are not thinking the reality through- people point me (and so many others who hate him) towards his content regularly. If so many people tell you over and over again how good a $h!t sandwich is, eventually you might go against your better judgement and start to think that it is worth taking a bite to see what everyone is talking about.

Then you find yourself chewing a $h!t sandwich, thinking, "I knew this was disgusting, but how could so many people be so wrong?!?!?!?"

And that is Schmee and his content to me.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
I hear you, but you are not thinking the reality through- people point me (and so many others who hate him) towards his content regularly. If so many people tell you over and over again how good a $h!t sandwich is, eventually you might go against your better judgement and start to think that it is worth taking a bite to see what everyone is talking about.

Then you find yourself chewing a $h!t sandwich, thinking, "I knew this was disgusting, but how could so many people be so wrong?!?!?!?"

And that is Schmee and his content to me.
Schmee150 sandwich anyone? LOL...... Don't forget if it wasn't for him we never would have know what goes on at the Porsche factory LMAO
Old 02-11-2018, 09:54 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Schmee150 sandwich anyone? LOL...... Don't forget if it wasn't for him we never would have know what goes on at the Porsche factory LMAO
And for that, I thank him. Just not in person
Old 02-11-2018, 10:01 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
There are a few hour-long videos on Youtube of the entire production process, including the exclusive manufakture part. These have been up for a long time.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:29 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

On the configurator, satin alum wheels (like Schmee’s) are a Porsche Exclusive option but they don’t seem to be installed at Porsche Exclusive. Same with Black PDLS and a few other parts. Can someone explain?

seems like some Exclusive parts are installed after assembly line and some aren’t.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:46 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
On the configurator, satin alum wheels (like Schmee’s) are a Porsche Exclusive option but they don’t seem to be installed at Porsche Exclusive. Same with Black PDLS and a few other parts. Can someone explain?

seems like some Exclusive parts are installed after assembly line and some aren’t.
I think options that start with an X are assembled on the line. Options with a C are done at Porsche Exclusive.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
There are a few hour-long videos on Youtube of the entire production process, including the exclusive manufakture part. These have been up for a long time.
Exactly!
Old 02-12-2018, 12:28 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I think options that start with an X are assembled on the line. Options with a C are done at Porsche Exclusive.
cool thx
Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

I was re watching to get a better look at the chalk and actually now not convinced it is.. Im thinking Fashion grey. But anyways just out of interest, the Turbo Special Edition is GT Silver. (See 2.22 if you cant handle watching) Which I thought wasn't available. Agate yes, but GT Silver no. So whats the story PTS/exclusive insider cleaning ladies.... ? Someone was able to make it happen. RH side as well, so its coming our way, Japan, Britain or India...
Old 02-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
I was re watching to get a better look at the chalk and actually now not convinced it is.. Im thinking Fashion grey. But anyways just out of interest, the Turbo Special Edition is GT Silver. (See 2.22 if you cant handle watching) Which I thought wasn't available. Agate yes, but GT Silver no. So whats the story PTS/exclusive insider cleaning ladies.... ? Someone was able to make it happen. RH side as well, so its coming our way, Japan, Britain or India...
There are a few 'By Invitation Only' options for people that Porsche deemed are very very big shot clients. Some would call these Exclusive Exclusive options.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:16 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 202 Posts

Shmee.
German culture.
German "empire" collapsing.
stupid automation or the ways around it. at one of the best / the best / most profitable german car manufacturer.

had a good time and laughter reading the last posts.

flock management is not getting easier with the number of black sheep.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:22 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

...compare the 99% production line which is what VW tuners
and the 1974 RSR or 959 etc hi tech marvels

They re already dead is just RLers plus fews others like
FSW AP die hard that would do anything to reborn the glorious past

any bet?
Old 02-13-2018, 05:49 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 202 Posts

sure.

as soon they will stop to develop the best drivers cars and stop to sell the fastest serial production car(s) on the planet. in that case they could possibly collapse.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:28 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
There are a few 'By Invitation Only' options for people that Porsche deemed are very very big shot clients. Some would call these Exclusive Exclusive options.
Always something more exclusive then the exclusive... ! Right Hand drive. If coming out this way, only guy I can think of potentially in the "exclusive exclusive" category would be Mark Weber. Porsche guy and I think it suits him. Simple classic colour not to over the top for what they probably argue is the best daily car with all the fruit that they have in the line up atm.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Always something more exclusive then the exclusive... ! Right Hand drive. If coming out this way, only guy I can think of potentially in the "exclusive exclusive" category would be Mark Weber. Porsche guy and I think it suits him. Simple classic colour not to over the top for what they probably argue is the best daily car with all the fruit that they have in the line up atm.
How about complete in-house rebuild of a carrera GT? (Its happening as we speak)

Quick Reply: Schmee GT3 and tour of Exclusive Manufaktur