Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 02:03 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I am sure the touring model will be a great car but, for me at least, I want a “winged mobile”. Without the wing it is indistinguishable from the other 911 models. I also think from all the technical data discussed and written about that the wing will greatly improve downforce (20% greater ~342lbs at max speed) and handling.
According to Car and Driver this month, the difference in downforce at top speed is 221lbs. Wing GT3 has 331 lbs of downforce at top speed, while the GT3 Touring has 110 lbs at top speed. At 120mph, the wing GT3 has 132, while the GT3 Touring has 44 lbs. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-drive-review

Other magazine earlier claimed downforce difference was less, but who knows for sure...
Old 02-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
According to Car and Driver this month, the difference in downforce at top speed is 221lbs. Wing GT3 has 331 lbs of downforce at top speed, while the GT3 Touring has 110 lbs at top speed. At 120mph, the wing GT3 has 132, while the GT3 Touring has 44 lbs. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-drive-review

Other magazine earlier claimed downforce difference was less, but who knows for sure...
The stats abound on the 991.2....I have read so many different numbers I am not clear what is correct anymore. I wish Porsche would just tell us directly.....and if anyone has a weblink(s) from Porsche so we can learn what the performance stats are it would be greatly appreciated. I have read the wing is 20mm higher, I have also read the wing is 10mm higher and 20mm further back. I have read there is 20% greater downforce and numbers like 342lbs and 331lbs at top speed. I have read the rear bumper is 1kg lighter and the front bumper is 1.1kg lighter. If anyone on this forum has all the interesting and relevant facts that would be great if that could post them or PM me with that info. As much fun as it will be to own a GT3 it’s equally or more fun to learn about the GT3 and it’s capabilities.
Though, in the end as I have stated and will state I want a winged mobile but more precisely I want a wing on a car that was expressly designed for the wing to enhance performance. I have a 2018 718/Cayman S that I toyed with putting a Techart wing on but was concerned about the modifications impact on handling so I opted not to get it........
Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
This is how rumors start. Then rennlist members get panties in a bunch.
I know who bought it.Not even close to 40k ADM. Not even remotely close....
I wonder what the average amount over MSRP people are paying.....excluding the fortunate few who get the GT3 at MSRP.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The range I personally know and have seen is $15K top $50K. I am betting the Touring by December will be $50K and up.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Terrence
The range I personally know and have seen is $15K top $50K. I am betting the Touring by December will be $50K and up.
So the average would be between 25K to 35K? Though, doesn’t matter I wanted the GT3 and 25K was the price of admission....

Trying not to feel like a complete idiot for paying 25K over but I canvassed many dealerships and many have no allocations at all, and I received the 25K offer from 2 dealerships. When I told the dealership in California I found a dealership with the same deal 20 minutes from my home he did not even attempt to negotiate.......I guess the price of a GT3 therefore is + 15K to 50K.......Arlington Virginia was going at 50K when I checked several months ago.....I think I have developed PTSD, that is, I break out into a cold sweat when I hear either word Arlington or Virgina.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Veltracon_Scott
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think the avg is right around 25k ADM for cars that are actually moving. I know of both touring and wing versions that are available. They do sit a couple days though. It is like people need to go to a therapist to justify it before they pull the trigger.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veltracon
I would think the avg is right around 25k ADM for cars that are actually moving. I know of both touring and wing versions that are available. They do sit a couple days though. It is like people need to go to a therapist to justify it before they pull the trigger.
No, it’s really not that bad except now I have a compulsion to lay down on any long black coach I see and anwser a little voice in my head that keeps repeating “What do you mean by that”......
Old 02-21-2018, 02:39 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if there are any new allocations being giving to dealers or if Porsche is saying what you see is what we have. On the other hand the .2RS could be everyone's focus and the ADMs will fall on the GT3s. Those of you on dealer's lists is there still hope?

The pre-owned inventory looks to be falling surprisingly, even the 200k cars.

Just looking for an update as to what everyone is seeing.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

don't think there is that much cross-shopping between GT3's and GT2RS. Totally different price points and character. I have been offered a GT2RS recently at the lowest premium I have heard of, and I said "No". I would rather get a 991.2 GT3RS.

As far as pricing is these days, I have noticed premiums firming up to minimum of asking $25K and settling for $20K on PDK cars. Manuals command higher premiums. Inventories online are shrinking by the day. Even some of them that are still online have been sold but the dealers have not taken them off. I am speaking from first hand knowledge of myself browsing and my friend calling the dealers trying to get one himself.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:03 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought a manual GT3 MSRP 175K in Southern CA for 20 over. The guys at Porsche Irvine are spectacular to work with. The car was precisely what I wanted and they even sent the car to my house in San Diego on a flatbed truck, no charge. The guys Porsche of San Diego told me that they walked away from a couple of offers at 25K over sticker.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:17 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rxtrom
I wonder if there are any new allocations being giving to dealers or if Porsche is saying what you see is what we have. On the other hand the .2RS could be everyone's focus and the ADMs will fall on the GT3s. Those of you on dealer's lists is there still hope?

The pre-owned inventory looks to be falling surprisingly, even the 200k cars.

Just looking for an update as to what everyone is seeing.
Porsche just handed out a bunch of pool cars to its larger stores - by that I mean, just extra cars they built (dealer did not spec)

Originally Posted by Terrence
don't think there is that much cross-shopping between GT3's and GT2RS. Totally different price points and character. I have been offered a GT2RS recently at the lowest premium I have heard of, and I said "No". I would rather get a 991.2 GT3RS.

As far as pricing is these days, I have noticed premiums firming up to minimum of asking $25K and settling for $20K on PDK cars. Manuals command higher premiums. Inventories online are shrinking by the day. Even some of them that are still online have been sold but the dealers have not taken them off. I am speaking from first hand knowledge of myself browsing and my friend calling the dealers trying to get one himself.
$20k sounds about right on PDK cars. $30k+ for manual cars.

Originally Posted by SANDIEGO
I just bought a manual GT3 MSRP 175K in Southern CA for 20 over. The guys at Porsche Irvine are spectacular to work with. The car was precisely what I wanted and they even sent the car to my house in San Diego on a flatbed truck, no charge. The guys Porsche of San Diego told me that they walked away from a couple of offers at 25K over sticker.
Please post pics of your car!!!!!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:49 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-21-2018, 05:05 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gorgeous car!

can't go wrong with all blacked out
Old 02-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Looks sick with the Black wheels. I went with Satin Aluminum on my Black which I really like but will paint White Gold in April. I just love the WG colored wheels on the GT2 RS
Old 02-21-2018, 05:45 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just custom ordered a GT3 at MSRP from a dealership I'd only bought one car from a couple of months back. And a week ago I was offered a GT3 at MSRP from a dealership I'd never even done business with, I was just too late to the party and someone beat me to it. I didn't think there was any hope I was going to get one any time soon, but apparently it's not hopeless!

Quick Reply: Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?