Sponsored by:

Carbonio license plate GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 10:40 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by ELRSPRL
I have used the Carbonio for a couple months now for my .2 GT3. I have taken the plate on and off several times and have noticed that my insertion/placement has caused the paint to flake off the grill. IMO the flaking is caused by the plate's rubber pegs rubbing on the grill's metal as I rotate the plate's backing to place onto or remove it from the grill. I believe this problem would not be an issue had the grill not be painted but that's not the case. The unit so far has not dented the grill. I plan to use the Carbonio until the end of the track season when I'll purchase a new grill ($200+ part) and look for a tow-hook plate instead.
Bummer, this is what I thought would happen... Guess I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately I dislike the tow hook solutions. The offset look offends my OCD eye!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by ELRSPRL
I have used the Carbonio for a couple months now for my .2 GT3. I have taken the plate on and off several times and have noticed that my insertion/placement has caused the paint to flake off the grill. IMO the flaking is caused by the plate's rubber pegs rubbing on the grill's metal as I rotate the plate's backing to place onto or remove it from the grill. I believe this problem would not be an issue had the grill not be painted but that's not the case. The unit so far has not dented the grill. I plan to use the Carbonio until the end of the track season when I'll purchase a new grill ($200+ part) and look for a tow-hook plate instead.
Have you got pics? Is the grill just painted black or is it some hard to match colour? Could a bit of touch up take care of it?

Quick Reply: Carbonio license plate GT3