Sponsored by:

Euro Delivery Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Euro Delivery Itinerary

Anyone have a good recent itinerary for euro delivery? Mine will be at Zuffenhausen. Want to do 8 days or so and drive some incredible mountain roads south. Still waiting on my delivery date but assume June or so.

Getting close. This from my brand ambassador today.

Yana says:

His cxx should be processed today, once that’s done we’ll push the order for production. For now please insure that option Cxx is on the order with comment “see list per Yana” and the rest of his pvms configuration is finalized

Old 01-18-2018, 10:28 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,327 Likes on 807 Posts

The only good itinerary is the one you decide on. The only advise I will offer is to allow flexibility and not to rush to get to the next one on the list.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:08 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

During the Summer 2016, my oldest son and I picked up my GT4 at Zuffenhausen and drove south to Monaco. What a trip! You'll have a blast. There were really no bad roads, but we didn't do any track days. It was just a trip of a lifetime spending time in my new car with my then recently-graduated-from-high school oldest kid.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:14 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...pean-tour.html

me and the lady friend did a tour of Germany/austria/swiss/france in about a week. check out the post. you'll have a great time there whatever you decide on.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:16 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Leipzig to Geneva auto show.. Unfortunately cause I assume all the good mountain roads will be closed, so my hope is just to be able to do the Nürburgring, the romantic Road in Germany, maybe the routes Napoleon, and then end up at Geneva auto show.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
During the Summer 2016, my oldest son and I picked up my GT4 at Zuffenhausen and drove south to Monaco. What a trip! You'll have a blast. There were really no bad roads, but we didn't do any track days. It was just a trip of a lifetime spending time in my new car with my then recently-graduated-from-high school oldest kid.
Reading this made me smile, I'm doing Euro delivery at Zuffenhausen with my old man this coming April and we will be doing a similar route/style of trip. It has been on our bucket list for quite some time and I feel fortunate that we'll finally get to do it together in my GT3, I bet it will be a trip of a lifetime for us as well with some fond memories...
The following users liked this post:
GTA_6speed (05-24-2023)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:35 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts

I've done two in the past 4 years. With only 8 days, here are some options:

Head NW to the Ring for a once in a lifetime lap and do other stuff up there?

Head south and hit Stelvio, Fluela, and Furka passes? Neuschwanstein Castle? Zermat?

If it is your first trip, I'd head to the Alps for sure. If doing Stelvio, get there very early in the morning. That place is like the Ring. People drive frickin buses on that thing and then they get stuck because each turn has a serious incline. It turns into a tourist trap after 10 am.

BTW - Didn't you just buy a 991.2? The picture of your car on a lift in your living room is all over facebook. Serious.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:37 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Also - Jaime at PCNA in ATL should have a suggested route PDF that was helpful for me that she can send you via email, there are 10-15 different 3-4 day routes mostly in and around Germany/Switzerland/Alps areas that you can piece together
Old 01-18-2018, 11:58 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I've done two in the past 4 years. With only 8 days, here are some options:

Head NW to the Ring for a once in a lifetime lap and do other stuff up there?

Head south and hit Stelvio, Fluela, and Furka passes? Neuschwanstein Castle? Zermat?

If it is your first trip, I'd head to the Alps for sure. If doing Stelvio, get there very early in the morning. That place is like the Ring. People drive frickin buses on that thing and then they get stuck because each turn has a serious incline. It turns into a tourist trap after 10 am.

BTW - Didn't you just buy a 991.2? The picture of your car on a lift in your living room is all over facebook. Serious.
yes I have a 991.2 GTS w PDK. Great car - very very quick. Probably as quick as my coming manual GT3 but I’m really excited to have a NA manual GT3 Touring. I don’t really track Maybe once in a blue moon. Whose Facebook? I never post on Facebook. Btw thanks for the suggestions and tips.

Last edited by TexasPorschelover; 01-19-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:14 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover

yes I have a 991.2 GTS w PDK. Great car - very very quick. Probably as quick as my coming manual GT3 but I’m really excited to have a NA manual GT3 Touring. I don’t really track Maybe once in a blue moon. Whose Facebook? I never post on Facebook. Btw thanks for the suggestions and tips.
Rennlist has a facebook page called "991 Rennlisters". Your picture was posted on that page. I only recognized it because I recalled you put a Porsche decal on the side (oh and few people park a Porsche in their living room on a lift). and then others shared it on a bunch of other Porsche pages. "I love Porsche" etc.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,259 Posts

Zuffenhausen to Nurburgring, 2x track days there, then to Boxberg for PSDS G-Force ... only thing missing is Spa Francochamps!

Update:

trip #1 - collect car drive straight to the Ring, RSR day, then over to Spa for 2x days there...
trip #2 - return, collect car, head to Ring again, pop over to Spa to watch F1, then 2x days on the Ring, back to Stuttgart for dropoff.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 07-07-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,259 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Also - Jaime at PCNA in ATL should have a suggested route PDF that was helpful for me that she can send you via email, there are 10-15 different 3-4 day routes mostly in and around Germany/Switzerland/Alps areas that you can piece together
what's up with the new attachments file upload? - I just tried to attach the pdf for this (17.5Mb) and it barfed!!!
Old 01-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I would head south to Switzerland and the Alps. The scenery and roads are unmatched; one of my favorite places in the world. Go a bit west out of Stuttgart first and then head south from Karlsruhe on the Black Forest HochStrasse toward Switzerland. See the link below for some terrific driving roads in Switzerland and the Italian and Austrian Alps.

Zermatt is a great place to visit (the Matterhorn is nearby) although you can't actually drive your car there; access is by rail only and you have to park your car in Visp. There is also a wonderful little village called Grindelwald in the Bernese Alps. It is located on the shoulder of the Eiger and is central to a bunch of scenic day trips and hikes; it's also close to the Furka Pass. With only 8 days for your trip you're probably going to have to choose between going North or South from Stuttgart to avoid having your trip turn into a driving marathon (well, maybe that appeals to you!). Anyway, despite the fact that the Ring is in the North, if it were me and especially if this is your first tourist delivery, I'd head South.

https://www.ultimatedrives.net/top-10-roads/
Old 02-05-2018, 05:56 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I've decided to fully embrace winter delivery with winter tires, and I'm going to take the gt3 as far as it will go up some mountain passes, maybe even go skiing during my ED in March.

anyone seen this ski mount, or used it.. have ideas where to buy it?... i saw a video online of people using it and it screaming 356 nostalgia.. gonna purchase and do some ski days around switz and italy, then i'll just put it inside the car and ship back to the US so it's ready for Tahoe next winter.

I've got a feeling the gt3 is a mean snow doughnut machine.. and I intend to find out personally.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,174 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Anyone have a good recent itinerary for euro delivery? Mine will be at Zuffenhausen. Want to do 8 days or so and drive some incredible mountain roads south. Still waiting on my delivery date but assume June or so.

Getting close. This from my brand ambassador today.

Yana says:

His cxx should be processed today, once that’s done we’ll push the order for production. For now please insure that option Cxx is on the order with comment “see list per Yana” and the rest of his pvms configuration is finalized

How about a museum/factory tour around Europe? You will already get a Porsche factory tour plus the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, Mercedes Museum is just right there in Stuttgart. From there you can head over to Ingolstadt to visit Audi, they have daily factory tours that don't need advance sign up. Their small museum is also on site. Munich will have the BMW factory and Museum and neither need advance booking.

If you have the connections and can book it, Ferrari factory is just a few hours drive south. Lamborghini factory which is close by, I believe is open to public, no booking needed. Ducati factory is near there also and is open to public. Finally Pagani's new showroom is extremely close by also.

You will driving over a couple nice passes from Germany to Italy, and since the 4 Italian manufacturers are like within a 20 mins circle, you might get lucky and run into prototype testings on the road. And even if you cannot get access to the Ferrari factory tour, you can still stop by the side of the road outside their track, there is always something testing there. Locals have tear off lots of sections of the blocking cloth around the fences so you can see right in.

I did this whole thing last February in my 911R. I start from Leipzig and ended up in Stuttgart, so the Leipzig factory too.
The following users liked this post:
Goggles Paisano (02-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Itinerary