Sponsored by:

CXX seat inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:34 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Corduroy is as vintage appropriate as houndstooth and more sporty. Frankly the 911R interior is a bit garish for me. 50th is slightly better and I do agree it has the best wheels on any 991. The 1 million has the best interior with houndstooth. I am reserving judgment until I see it, but the only thing I would replace the fabric of the touring with is leather. And I wish they offered natural leather in black, a deep red, and a nice green or at least espresso. Some other cool stuff would be a Silverknit carpet and of course wood trim.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Could've sworn somebody saying they ordered CXX carbon fiber shift ****. Must have misread.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
^ I was told it was available by my dealer. but i went with black/silver cause that's what i always wanted, and didn't inquire further about blue/chalk, so i'm not sure what the status is. i spec'ed my car a few weeks ago, so it would have been before you checked.

cxx items i asked for and was rejected on included: tartan (under feasibility no timeline), painted door handles (apparently not doing due to wear on 997s with the option), green dials (total non-starter) and a black/painted gate map on the shift **** (flat out rejection).
yeah I asked for green dials like on 911R and 50th on first consult visit back in April and was also told NO. The reason is logical.... Porsche doesn’t have them for GT3. the ones on 911R are different due to different logos and redline and same is true of 911-50. Point being, it would have to be custom designed and manufactured; there is no part on a shelf somewhere of retro style green numeral dials for a 991 GT3.

Some of you probably know this already, others following not, but there is another level of customization available that Porsche Exclusive calls “project car” that would grant very special requests like this. I was told this by Yana on a number of occasions when I would ask for things not in the menu for CXX, such as embroidery stitching on the headrests with the “touring” script logo instead of “GT3”. Thing is, these have to put in the request to do a project car, which may or may not be approved, or will take a lot longer, and if you have to ask how much it costs, it’s not for you.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:54 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Could've sworn somebody saying they ordered CXX carbon fiber shift ****. Must have misread.
i wouldn't be suprised if you can get a cf ****, but i was looking for an r style one with the black gate map, which was rejected. i even asked for leather wrapped, with a black gate map, but that was rejected too.

Originally Posted by Lapis

yeah I asked for green dials like on 911R and 50th on first consult visit back in April and was also told NO. The reason is logical.... Porsche doesn’t have them for GT3. the ones on 911R are different due to different logos and redline and same is true of 911-50. Point being, it would have to be custom designed and manufactured; there is no part on a shelf somewhere of retro style green numeral dials for a 991 GT3.

Some of you probably know this already, others following not, but there is another level of customization available that Porsche Exclusive calls “project car” that would grant very special requests like this. I was told this by Yana on a number of occasions when I would ask for things not in the menu for CXX, such as embroidery stitching on the headrests with the “touring” script logo instead of “GT3”. Thing is, these have to put in the request to do a project car, which may or may not be approved, or will take a lot longer, and if you have to ask how much it costs, it’s not for you.
Was told something similar about the dials - they were specific to model runs.

As for the other options I also was told similar stuff. Some options like tartan are only even being considered as a result of a VVVIP request, and one-off stuff is possible, but you basically need to have the money of the Sultan of Brunei.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:55 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i got a carbon fiber CCX shift **** $1,060
Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

^ but does it have a black gate map like the R!? i figured they might allow a cf **** like the gt4, but that still has a silver/grey gate map.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Sounds like my logic was the similar to yours. Since I didn't get pts and the colour i wanted, i wasn't going to do red seats (there's a couple pictures of that combo on here that actually look fantastic) at all. seemed like a waste to only do stitching and inserts at that price. luckily the insert only option came out so i went with that. with the difference, i'll be able to get a rollbar/harnesses and a few track days
I appreciate Porsche made the inserts available alone for a lower price ($3555) and can’t argue with your logic. However, as I looked at pics of the LWBs without only the black/silver houndstooth inserts and nothing else different (stitching in platinum, interior in black), it just still looked a little dull...

As I looked at more and more pics of seats with nice customizations, I realized what I really liked was the contrast piping in the seats in place of stitching, which really sets them off, so I decided to do something like this with Hoondstooth centers.

by the way, here is the interior of a ‘74 RS 2.7 Touring with the corduroy style seat centers that the GT3 Touring Package cloth seats are clearly supposed to pay homage to....

Old 01-08-2018, 11:23 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Just found these on Insta.

Shizzle, the Black makes a big difference. Never noticed before. Too bad it's not available.
Attached Images    
Old 01-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

If you see what Suncoast is currently selling the stock GT3 Striped Alcantara Seat Inserts, the houndstooth CXX inserts would seem like a steal and you'll want two in fact... LOL

$7,595 (silver or red stripe)

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...%20accessories!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:36 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

That's life. I'm willing to pay over $3k to delete, and somebody else will pay $7k to add.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:12 AM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lapis

I appreciate Porsche made the inserts available alone for a lower price ($3555) and can’t argue with your logic. However, as I looked at pics of the LWBs without only the black/silver houndstooth inserts and nothing else different (stitching in platinum, interior in black), it just still looked a little dull...

like the cuordroy too, but i'm a sucker for houndstooth. As for piping, it's totally worth it. In Canada though, the seats are $9600 (includes crest, insert, leather and stitching customization), but piping is extra. If you're getting piping in your price in the US, i'd totally do the piping, and skip the leather and feel like its not a waste!

@blueshorseshoe - i don't get why they insist on that silver cap. it may be worth looking at just getting the **** and using some plastidip or a bit of vinyl (something that lets you go back to stock easily and not expensive to do). Hopefully, they'll allow the R style one if people keep requesting it.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:34 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

like the cuordroy too, but i'm a sucker for houndstooth. As for piping, it's totally worth it. In Canada though, the seats are $9600 (includes crest, insert, leather and stitching customization), but piping is extra. If you're getting piping in your price in the US, i'd totally do the piping, and skip the leather...
In USA, piping is included in the $8875 USD price for the custom tailored seats. Guess that helps explain why the Canadian price is so close to the USD price despite the exchange rate.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:59 AM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

^ It's amazing how much cheaper the GT3 is in Canada looking at CAD/US exchange rate. Right now base price on a Canadian car works out to $131k US. And most options are cheaper after exchange too. Makes sense some cxx options are closer to exchange.

what colour piping did you go with in the end?
Old 01-09-2018, 05:46 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Just found these on Insta.

Shizzle, the Black makes a big difference. Never noticed before. Too bad it's not available.
That viola metallic GT3 is gorgeous... prettiest I've seen
Old 01-09-2018, 09:37 AM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

^ I totally agree!

Quick Reply: CXX seat inserts