Sponsored by:

CXX seat inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 03:15 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts
Default CXX seat inserts

in some of the various PTS and other .2 G3 threads i have seen a decent number of people stating they have this option coming on their incoming new cars. Are you all paying the $8875 for "seats customized with seat centers in houndstooth"?

I saw in another thread where Lapis was asking if it was a "new" seat center customized option for $3555?? i also have fact that a UK customer had this done on his delivered car for 1,666 pounds.

i know the different markets NA vs UK do things differently, so mainly wondering if all US customers that have spec'd this are in fact paying $8875.

I would like this, but think i am a pass at $8875, especially when ponying up $12K for PTS.

PS my $8875 comes directly from Florian in an email

TIA
Old 01-08-2018, 03:43 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

Hountooth seat insert only was recently approved for the $3,555.00 price.

$8875 includes customized leather, inserts, and maybe also stitching/piping I think.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:52 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

WOW, still super pricey for cloth......
Old 01-08-2018, 04:57 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by smyers528
WOW, still super pricey for cloth......
$500 DIY.. looks even nicer and you can choose other colors. I'm going tartan or maybe pasha this time around. It's just cloth you can Velcro on and off the LWB's..
Old 01-08-2018, 05:02 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks GT3, and I totally agree CAlexio.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Hountooth seat insert only was recently approved for the $3,555.00 price.

$8875 includes customized leather, inserts, and maybe also stitching/piping I think.
Correct. This is confirmed with Yana in Porsche Exclusive in PEC Atlanta.

The $3555 option for the seat centers only is comparable to what is available aftermarket from Exclusive Option for about $2400 for which Exclusive Option requires that you also send back to them the interior cushion inserts (though you can keep your original covers for later re-use).

One might conclude then why not just do aftermarket and save over $1,000 USD? Well, aftermarket isn’t factory... the aftermarket ones certainly won’t be authentic (on the sticker) and while extremely similar, aren’t identical. And there is the hassle of ordering and changing them out. Another subtle point about resale: you pretty much never get money back for any aftermarket thing you do to a GT car, and sometimes can harm value. But if on the original sticker, you probably will get it back On resale, especially considering how GT cars like this Are Often sold for $XXXX above or below MSRP. Something to think about. Actually, I think both are expensive, factory and aftermarket. Truly the aftermarket ones should be a lot less than Exclusive Option charges IMO.

I’m sure there are probably at least dozens of buyers who paid $8875 before the $3555 Option was just recently offered and only took the houndstooth seats centers and nothing else. I assume they’re probably upset.

I struggled with this recently. Was first going to pass completely on CXX seats for my Touring on thought that the black cloth inserts are special to Touring so I should get them. But was just not excited about them from the pics and descriptions online, and all black interior seemed boring. Then when $3555 Option came out was going to do that to get Houndstooth which I always liked and wanted. But then just caved and went all the way with the full $8875 Option so I could also get contrast piping and the extra GT3 script embroidery on the headrest in addition to the embossed Porsche crest.

still though I feel a bit like I’m leaving money on the table by not opting for leather for the side bolsters in a different color than standard black, but I can’t think of another leather color that would look good with Houndstooth and with the rest of the interior and exterior PTS color I’m doing, at least not without spending even more $$$$ on additional CXX interior leather options to compliment it (top of center console storage compartment, door trims, etc).

In in the end, I guess when you’re already spending $180K on a special card what’s another $8875 to make it really special?
Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I went with the factory inserts for $3550

yes, it is silly money considering aftermarket is like about 1-2K but I guess it is peace of mind and factory warranty for "only" another 1-2K, of course
Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

This is correct. Available in Canada too. About $3800 over here which is a steal when you look at CAD/US exchange rate. Three colours available. Silver/black, Agate/black and Graphite blue/black. Tartan still under evaluation.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Just to get this thought of my chest a little more....

I really wish Porsche had made the Touring like a GT3 version of the 50th Anniversary 911, including Houndstooth seats, green retro dials, a special exterior color or two (maybe Slate Grey, Midnight Blue, Oak Green Metallic and/or Brewster Green). And maybe even Fuchs style wheels. But I’m guessing Porsche didn’t want to invade the 911R cosmetic territory too much. Had they made rear seats standard or optional in combination with the 4-way or 18-way seats, I would have gotten sofas and done that too. oh well.

The way they did it, I guess I can’t complain. At least with the CXX seat option and PTS we can get most of the way there. The rest of the package hits the main things we wanted: manual gearbox, more subtle exterior without the big wing, chrome accents, classy interior with unique black aluminum and stitching, leather instead of alcantara in most interior surfaces.

but despite porsche’s Insistence that it’s a callback to the early 70s 911 RS 2.7, I think that’s just an excuse to do the corduroy-look cloth seats instead of the Houndstooth that most of us really wanted in the GT3 Touring Package so as not to further offend 911R Owners. For had they really wanted to do a tribute to the RS 2.7, they would have also done a ducktail, rear seats, and some exterior graphics like all those cars had.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:54 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by CAlexio
$500 DIY.. looks even nicer and you can choose other colors. I'm going tartan or maybe pasha this time around. It's just cloth you can Velcro on and off the LWB's..
Pasha? Dayum....going all out.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shizzle
This is correct. Available in Canada too. About $3800 over here which is a steal when you look at CAD/US exchange rate. Three colours available. Silver/black, Agate/black and Graphite blue/black. Tartan still under evaluation.
As of late last week anyway, Yana in Atlanta said the new graphite Blue/chalk Houndstooth was still in testing (under evaluation) and not yet available to order. Have you been told it’s available for sure now?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:10 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

^ I was told it was available by my dealer. but i went with black/silver cause that's what i always wanted, and didn't inquire further about blue/chalk, so i'm not sure what the status is. i spec'ed my car a few weeks ago, so it would have been before you checked.

cxx items i asked for and was rejected on included: tartan (under feasibility no timeline), painted door handles (apparently not doing due to wear on 997s with the option), green dials (total non-starter) and a black/painted gate map on the shift **** (flat out rejection).
Old 01-08-2018, 10:18 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lapis

still though I feel a bit like I’m leaving money on the table by not opting for leather for the side bolsters in a different color than standard black, but I can’t think of another leather color that would look good with Houndstooth and with the rest of the interior and exterior PTS color I’m doing, at least not without spending even more $$$$ on additional CXX interior leather options to compliment it (top of center console storage compartment, door trims, etc).

In in the end, I guess when you’re already spending $180K on a special card what’s another $8875 to make it really special?
Sounds like my logic was the similar to yours. Since I didn't get pts and the colour i wanted, i wasn't going to do red seats (there's a couple pictures of that combo on here that actually look fantastic) at all. seemed like a waste to only do stitching and inserts at that price. luckily the insert only option came out so i went with that. with the difference, i'll be able to get a rollbar/harnesses and a few track days
Old 01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Stock shift **** is not great anyway, unless it's different from other 991s.

How much for the CXX carbon fiber ****? Saw on Suncoast for under $1k! Ridiculous. Can't find anymore, probably sold out. Should be a standard option from Porsche.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:31 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Stock shift **** is not great anyway, unless it's different from other 991s.

How much for the CXX carbon fiber ****? Saw on Suncoast for under $1k! Ridiculous. Can't find anymore, probably sold out. Should be a standard option from Porsche.
I really love the slightly chunky cf shifter for the 997.2 gt3s, and even the new 981 spyder/gt4 had a nice feeling shifter and looked better since it was shorter. i also did like the one on the 991.1 C2S, but it didn't look the best. just wished the colour of the gate map would match the other elements of the car. they won't let you do the r style shift **** under cxx, so the only price out there is the suncoast price.

Quick Reply: CXX seat inserts