Sponsored by:

Another .2 GT3 Chalk

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 12:25 AM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts
Default Another .2 GT3 Chalk

Accompanied my buddy today to pick up his 991.2 GT3 from Paul Miller Porsche in NJ. His car is nicely optioned with a focus on track use incl. 6MT, LWB, Steel brakes and Satin Black wheels (which look awesome in contrast to the Chalk ext color). Other options incl. CF interior, fire extinguisher, alcantara steering wheel, front axle lift and more...

Took a few side-by-side pics with my 991.1 GT3, and the differences, while subtle are quite clear! The .2 front bumper is simply more aggressive looking, the intake vents on the rear decklid really standout (especially on a chalk colored car), while the overall lines of the two cars are quite similar, in person it it clear to see that the wing on the .2 is positioned slightly higher than the .1's. Overall the .2 just looks awesome!!

The folks at Paul Miller were great to deal with (and changed his side markers to clear) while the car was being prepped. An amazing car and his first impressions on the drive home was that the car was spectacular (he's coming out of a 991 C2S)! I had changed my .2 allocation to get on the list for a .3RS allocation...now I'm second guessing myself...

Last edited by Akunob; 12-29-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:32 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Wow that Chalk looks nice!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 12-29-2017, 12:38 AM
Akunob
Race Car

Thanks James, chalk is the new white!! Looks really good in person, my crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:09 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Good luck Caleb, that is one beautiful color. Can't wait to see it on the track in a few months. Gotta know, how did the SC2's hold up in the 15 degree temps as you drove it home?
Old 12-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Akunob
Race Car

The car came with Dunlop Sport Maxx Race 2s, I'll let Caleb chime in on his experience on his ride home. The tech who prepped the car (test drive & initial run to fill up the tank) cautioned that the tires were 'scary' at the sub 20 degree temps we had yesterday. He attributed this more to the fact that the tires were brand new, with a few heat cycles the tech mentioned that cold weather performance should improve.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:47 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking car. Chalk is certainly becoming popular.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:49 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
The car came with Dunlop Sport Maxx Race 2s, I'll let Caleb chime in on his experience on his ride home. The tech who prepped the car (test drive & initial run to fill up the tank) cautioned that the tires were 'scary' at the sub 20 degree temps we had yesterday. He attributed this more to the fact that the tires were brand new, with a few heat cycles the tech mentioned that cold weather performance should improve.

It's not that they are new, any semi-slick is literally a "full slip" in anything really under 35-40 degrees. I don't drive any of my cars with those tires when it's freezing out, way too much risk.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 AM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on the car, looks great, nicely configured. Having met Caleb for the first time a few years ago in his then new 991 C2S, he certainly has wasted no time getting serious about his track days. Hope to see you soon, NJMP in April? if I can get the "boss" to give me the weekend off.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car, yours too! Still love the 991.1 as well. I missed you guys by a day! I was there all day Wed picking up my dad's new cayenne. Hoping it gave me more brownie points with my SA for my deposit on the GT3. He alluded to my chances getting a car really good as they are planning on more allocations. So hopefully I can join you guys one day for a local meet. Who do you guys work with at PM?
Old 12-29-2017, 01:28 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Chalk... my favorite color. Beautiful car. I am envious of these .2GT3 deliveries.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:46 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
Thanks James, chalk is the new white!! Looks really good in person, my crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice.
I am dying to find a GT3 as my PTS doesn't come in until May 2018.....would love a Chalk, that's for sure!!! Congrats again!
Old 12-29-2017, 02:44 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! Good to see all these GT3s rolling in!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:17 PM
ELRSPRL
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, this is my first post on Rennlist so I hope to contribute to the GT Borg collective

Here are my answers to questions so far and a few observations (some in jest..)

1. I didn't win (or lose depending your preference) the .2 GT3 tire lottery and got the Dunlops. They drove fine out of the dealership but that's because we came out of a warm garage. This morning the tires started at a much colder temp so it felt more unusable initially. Had to take the car to the detailer for its PPF.
2. No more auto stop/start function. I guess if you can afford this car, you can afford the gas.
3. Can't really use the rear view mirror because of the fin but then if you're on the track and you have to use your mirror, you're not driving fast enough.
3. Agree that chalk is the new white. It complements the satin black exterior finishes and mostly black interior well. Chalk is a bit of a plain name though. I think Porsche needs to hire the marketing folks that work for Ben & Jerrys.
4. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Car feels like a louder version of my .1 C2S as I keep it under 5K RPM. Given that I'm breaking it in, Mr Hyde will have to wait his turn to come alive.
5. Did scrape the front splitter as I was entering the street from an elevated parking lot with front axle lift engaged. Obviously the option has its limits. I suppose you can forgo the lift and buy in bulk front splitters. Too bad it's not part of the aftermarket offerings, along with lucky dice.
6. With PM, I dealt with Aaron B and Paul G, the GM. Shop has great folks. It's nice that a few of the personnel in the dealership partake in track events. They help keep this tribe going...
Old 12-30-2017, 12:45 AM
Akunob
Race Car

Originally Posted by wmond
Congrats on the car, looks great, nicely configured. Having met Caleb for the first time a few years ago in his then new 991 C2S, he certainly has wasted no time getting serious about his track days. Hope to see you soon, NJMP in April? if I can get the "boss" to give me the weekend off.
Agreed, Caleb has really taken to the track hobby and he's getting quicker by the day!! I'll be at NNJR's season opener at LRP in April. Caleb might be there as well. I'll look out for your Sapphire Blue GT3 and say hello.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Beautiful car, yours too! Still love the 991.1 as well. I missed you guys by a day! I was there all day Wed picking up my dad's new cayenne. Hoping it gave me more brownie points with my SA for my deposit on the GT3. He alluded to my chances getting a car really good as they are planning on more allocations. So hopefully I can join you guys one day for a local meet. Who do you guys work with at PM?
Thanks Patrick. Sorry we missed you, it would have been nice to meet and talk shop as we waited for the respective cars to get ready. Good luck with sourcing a .2 GT3 allocation. The .1 still looks good, passing the baton gracefully to the .2. Once the weather warms up and local meets get organized, I'll reach out with an invite.

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Chalk... my favorite color. Beautiful car. I am envious of these .2GT3 deliveries.
Chalk is indeed an awesome color on the .2!! I'm loving all the .2GT3 deliveries so far, can't wait until the Tourings start rolling in and then the PTS editions...frickin' awesome!!

Originally Posted by <3mph
Congrats! Good to see all these GT3s rolling in!
Ditto...the Tourings and PTS are next!!
Old 12-30-2017, 12:46 AM
Akunob
Race Car

Originally Posted by ELRSPRL
Hey Guys, this is my first post on Rennlist so I hope to contribute to the GT Borg collective

Here are my answers to questions so far and a few observations (some in jest..)

1. I didn't win (or lose depending your preference) the .2 GT3 tire lottery and got the Dunlops. They drove fine out of the dealership but that's because we came out of a warm garage. This morning the tires started at a much colder temp so it felt more unusable initially. Had to take the car to the detailer for its PPF.
2. No more auto stop/start function. I guess if you can afford this car, you can afford the gas.
3. Can't really use the rear view mirror because of the fin but then if you're on the track and you have to use your mirror, you're not driving fast enough.
3. Agree that chalk is the new white. It complements the satin black exterior finishes and mostly black interior well. Chalk is a bit of a plain name though. I think Porsche needs to hire the marketing folks that work for Ben & Jerrys.
4. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Car feels like a louder version of my .1 C2S as I keep it under 5K RPM. Given that I'm breaking it in, Mr Hyde will have to wait his turn to come alive.
5. Did scrape the front splitter as I was entering the street from an elevated parking lot with front axle lift engaged. Obviously the option has its limits. I suppose you can forgo the lift and buy in bulk front splitters. Too bad it's not part of the aftermarket offerings, along with lucky dice.
6. With PM, I dealt with Aaron B and Paul G, the GM. Shop has great folks. It's nice that a few of the personnel in the dealership partake in track events. They help keep this tribe going...
Great first post Caleb!! Be sure to share more of your driving impressions as you tack on the miles!! Your car is amazing, congrats again!!

Quick Reply: Another .2 GT3 Chalk