3.13%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.49%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.12%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.42%
Voters: 735. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Have you taken the Touring to your dealer have the solenoids and exhaust valves checked out? I guarantee you there is some issue there or something not connected properly.
At idle there is a detectable change in the exhaust when you hit the PSE button. At speed zero. Another GT3T was the same.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:30 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
At idle there is a detectable change in the exhaust when you hit the PSE button. At speed zero. Another GT3T was the same.
I see. But it doesn’t matter that another car may have sounded the same. Perhaps it was affected as well. The question was, have you taken yours to the dealer got it checked out?
Old 02-25-2018, 02:18 PM
w00zie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
^^^awesome and congrats. You couldn't have picked a better color. And we'll overlook what looks like your trunk being left open for the pics.
Thanks!

LOL --- I took pictures of EVERYTHING......
Old 02-25-2018, 02:21 PM
w00zie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Hi, liking the build Woozie. Can you confirm if you did the leather extension over the steering column and dash.. looks like it ? Did you also do the transmission tunnel ?
Y, i did full leather with steering column and dash but i didn't do the transmission tunnel. Also did alcantara sun visors to better blend with the roof lining
Old 02-25-2018, 03:33 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I read Pete Stout’s comments on the GT3T and it seems that he was very impressed and thought it is a very different car, not just a wingless GT3.. I believe next issue of 000 will have an article with him observations.
While some commented on the drone in the GT3, I can’t remember reading any on the touring; could be merely due to the low sample size. As suggested above, I hope it is just a disconnected vacuum line and you get to enjoy that extra 10% of the red beauty!
I’m picking up mine next week, will report back on the driving experience.

I think you are going to be very surprised at how different the Touring is to a manual GT3. They say they haven't changed anything, I say BS.

It ride betters, it steers better and the exhaust sound is completely different...in a bad way.

In a regular GT3, there is a distinct difference in the sound of the exhaust when you hit the PSE button when cruising. It goes from loud to reasonably quiet...such that you can easily undertake a long distance cruise without being annoyed by the loud exhaust.

In the GT3T there is no difference between the PSE on or off at cruising speeds.....zilch.....none.....zero. And it's a totally different sound compared to the regular GT3. I do not know what they have done to the exhaust...but it's different...very different...in a bad way.. In fact, the drone at 140 kph is terrible and you cannot get rid of it.

So the GT3T is a great back roads car...but definitely not a long distance touring car. Porsche got 90% of the car incredibly right but and an important, emotional, 10% of the car wrong. We are still scratching our heads why??
Old 02-25-2018, 05:40 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The earlier statements by Porsche indicate nothing is different in the engine/suspension etc. The only way will know for sure is when PET is updated. I very much believe (and relied on when ordering) that is was the same suspension/engine/exhaust and the only changes were no wing and the cosmetic things.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:13 PM
BLACKMAMBA
Advanced

My Touring was delivered last week and while there is a slight resonance around 80 mph (very small), the exhaust sounds great and switches on / off as expected. I understand the resonance is common to all 991.2 GT3s and some people have found the Sharkwerks exhaust has cured this.

Not driven my car back to back with a non-Touring GT3 but I would find it difficult to believe there were other mechanical differences that no one had mentioned or had come up in press releases etc.

I would get your car over to the OPC and have them check it out. Certainly sounds like a vacuum pipe issue.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you are going to be very surprised at how different the Touring is to a manual GT3. They say they haven't changed anything, I say BS.

It ride betters, it steers better and the exhaust sound is completely different...in a bad way.

In a regular GT3, there is a distinct difference in the sound of the exhaust when you hit the PSE button when cruising. It goes from loud to reasonably quiet...such that you can easily undertake a long distance cruise without being annoyed by the loud exhaust.

In the GT3T there is no difference between the PSE on or off at cruising speeds.....zilch.....none.....zero. And it's a totally different sound compared to the regular GT3. I do not know what they have done to the exhaust...but it's different...very different...in a bad way.. In fact, the drone at 140 kph is terrible and you cannot get rid of it.

So the GT3T is a great back roads car...but definitely not a long distance touring car. Porsche got 90% of the car incredibly right but and an important, emotional, 10% of the car wrong. We are still scratching our heads why??
They've started applying particle filters to the European cars already and its killed the exhaust sound!

On a more serious note, your comments on the exhaust are quite concerning. I imagine many (including myself) are buying a NA car in part due to the amazing exhaust note. If this is not present it would be very disappointing.

I hope you follow up with some of the advice above and get it checked out for all of our peace of minds.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

BTW - would be good if you could expand on the comments about the Touring riding better and steering better.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:04 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone here order GT silver with xenon pdls, silver wheels and silver trim? I'm curious if the xenon pdls has enough chrome and silver to match.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:35 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mowaffaq
I read Pete Stout’s comments on the GT3T and it seems that he was very impressed and thought it is a very different car, not just a wingless GT3.. I believe next issue of 000 will have an article with him observations.
While some commented on the drone in the GT3, I can’t remember reading any on the touring; could be merely due to the low sample size. As suggested above, I hope it is just a disconnected vacuum line and you get to enjoy that extra 10% of the red beauty!
I’m picking up mine next week, will report back on the driving experience.

Beautiful spec, what headlights did you choose? PDLS? or standard xenon? I'm wondering how it matches with the silver trim.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:44 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
BTW - would be good if you could expand on the comments about the Touring riding better and steering better.
Yes. I'm interested to hear more on this as well. The good news is that the exhaust can definitely be tweaked to achieve what you want. It would be shocking if they went through the effort to substantially change much between the standard GT3.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:13 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Beautiful spec, what headlights did you choose? PDLS? or standard xenon? I'm wondering how it matches with the silver trim.

Thanks.. PDLS.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:45 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Trying to think about where I might have suggested the Touring is a different car—other than the vibe it conveys, which I found very alluring in a 500E/E500 kind of way. It is definitely a visual package. It was VERY different to the Carrera T I drove it with back to back through France and the old Monte route, but that goes without saying. Didn't feel very different to the regular 991.2 GT3 we tested for 000 last summer. Still mulling whether we will publish a bigger story on the T/Touring drive in 000. Frankly, it was one of the best drives of my life, and I think the story would be a good one to tell—but there's a but: The structure of the event precluded me bringing a 000 shooter, so we'd have to use (the very, very good, thanks to who they brought) press photos, and that feels a bit funny in 000.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:47 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

^ And wow on that Guards Red GT3 Touring. Just stunning...

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..