Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1038770-the-official-gt3-touring-owners-pictures-thread.html)

JOSCAL 12-23-2023 10:16 AM

Thoughts on this conversion folks? Personally I think it looks fantastic!

https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/porsche-sal...ng-conversion/

Mrrdstr 12-23-2023 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by golfinz (Post 19181032)
Yes, 259 offline (via dm, privately) . I think it posted for more online for a brief moment. Wild price imho

Sold for $255 is my understanding:)

JAB12 12-23-2023 11:22 PM

Figured I'd try my luck in here and see if Santa can deliver. Apologies to the mods but I already have a WTB ad up here: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1371045

Wishing everyone Happy Holidays and great 991.2 Touring leads for me. Ready to buy, vehicle criteria is up in my ad. Please PM me if interested in selling.

Happy Holidays to all.

LFB 12-24-2023 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by JOSCAL (Post 19181349)
Thoughts on this conversion folks? Personally I think it looks fantastic!

https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/porsche-sal...ng-conversion/

You may have seen this one making the rounds on RL, even though it is on the other side of the Atlantic from you: https://www.porschelincolnwood.com/u...AC2A95KS149483

It also looks very well done, but it has been sitting at that dealership for 3 months, so the price and the market clearly haven’t met in the middle, yet.

Mrrdstr 12-24-2023 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by LFB (Post 19182875)
You may have seen this one making the rounds on RL, even though it is on the other side of the Atlantic from you: https://www.porschelincolnwood.com/u...AC2A95KS149483

It also looks very well done, but it has been sitting at that dealership for 3 months, so the price and the market clearly haven’t met in the middle, yet.

Touring buyers are looking for tourings not converted decks & PDK’s. 991.2 tourings are definitely outperforming the 992 version. Supply & demand.

rk-d 12-24-2023 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mrrdstr (Post 19182897)
Touring buyers are looking for tourings not converted decks & PDK’s. 991.2 tourings are definitely outperforming the 992 version. Supply & demand.

It's interesting to see 992 GT3 values slowing approaching 991.2 Touring values. For a 5 year old design, that's impressive.

RudyP 12-24-2023 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by LFB (Post 19182875)

I saw that car in person while visiting that dealership with a friend. At first it looked a lot like my Silver touring until I peeked inside and saw something weird and horrifying... Took me a second to mentally process it has to be a converted winged car.

168glhs1986 12-24-2023 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by RudyP (Post 19183427)
I saw that car in person while visiting that dealership with a friend. At first it looked a lot like my Silver touring until I peeked inside and saw something weird and horrifying... Took me a second to mentally process it has to be a converted winged car.

Get used to this. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. One thing a touring owner will never do.....is convert to a winged car.

golfinz 12-26-2023 12:20 AM

Well, my search for a touring ended yesterday! For some background, I’ve been looking for a white or chalk car for almost 6 months. I found a few that were interesting but none that met my criteria of miles, options, and price.

There was a white car out of Florida that got really close (20k miles, all of my must have options, had a soul center exhaust, and in budget). The seller and I had talked in detail about the car for a few weeks; he sent me dozens of pictures, multiple videos and represented the car as very clean. I pulled the carfax and it was clean (no accidents). We got so far as scheduling the PPI but the day before the PPI, the seller disclosed he had an accident in the car that wasn’t on the carfax (he told me hit a plastic tollway divider trying to avoid another accident, cracked the front bumper, which required the bumper to be repaired and the hood/fender to be painted/blended). I didn’t want a car with a story so I killed the ppi and killed the deal. The seller understood and we went our separate ways. Kudos to the seller for telling me because he could’ve kept this quiet; he put new ppf on the front clip so paint metering would not have caught this. Posting this part of the story and the VIN in case this car is ever advertised as accident free WP0AC2A90JS177111.

As I mourned from passing on a nearly perfect car for me, I realized something. These cars are super rare and limiting my color choice to just two would make it super hard to find the “right” car. So I decided to not only have a “must have list” but a “no list.” My no list was relatively short. I did not want a car with a story and knew I didn’t want a black, red or yellow car (been there, done that).

Fast forward about two weeks ago and up pops a car that was really interesting. It had all of my must haves and avoided the no list. The seller and I chatted a lot, he answered all my questions, and the car had some attributes/options that were really neat to me. I scheduled a PPI at Spec German (shout out - really great shop near Gig Harbor), which came back perfect (dme was perfect, zero surprises). It took me a few hours to realize that this was the one. Money exchanged hands shortly after and the car arrived yesterday. So, without further ado, welcome to the garage, my 2018 GT Silver Touring

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...869d177a0e.jpg

Porsche911GTS'16 12-26-2023 12:50 AM

Golfinz - Congrats on your beautiful new car, your patience paid off in spades, welcome to the club and a very Merry Christmas to you, indeed!

GT4 981 12-26-2023 07:24 AM

Post more pics than that!

RudyP 12-26-2023 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by golfinz (Post 19185042)
Well, my search for a touring ended yesterday! For some background, I’ve been looking for a white or chalk car for almost 6 months. I found a few that were interesting but none that met my criteria of miles, options, and price.

There was a white car out of Florida that got really close (20k miles, all of my must have options, had a soul center exhaust, and in budget). The seller and I had talked in detail about the car for a few weeks; he sent me dozens of pictures, multiple videos and represented the car as very clean. I pulled the carfax and it was clean (no accidents). We got so far as scheduling the PPI but the day before the PPI, the seller disclosed he had an accident in the car that wasn’t on the carfax (he told me hit a plastic tollway divider trying to avoid another accident, cracked the front bumper, which required the bumper to be repaired and the hood/fender to be painted/blended). I didn’t want a car with a story so I killed the ppi and killed the deal. The seller understood and we went our separate ways. Kudos to the seller for telling me because he could’ve kept this quiet; he put new ppf on the front clip so paint metering would not have caught this. Posting this part of the story and the VIN in case this car is ever advertised as accident free WP0AC2A90JS177111.

As I mourned from passing on a nearly perfect car for me, I realized something. These cars are super rare and limiting my color choice to just two would make it super hard to find the “right” car. So I decided to not only have a “must have list” but a “no list.” My no list was relatively short. I did not want a car with a story and knew I didn’t want a black, red or yellow car (been there, done that).

Fast forward about two weeks ago and up pops a car that was really interesting. It had all of my must haves and avoided the no list. The seller and I chatted a lot, he answered all my questions, and the car had some attributes/options that were really neat to me. I scheduled a PPI at Spec German (shout out - really great shop near Gig Harbor), which came back perfect (dme was perfect, zero surprises). It took me a few hours to realize that this was the one. Money exchanged hands shortly after and the car arrived yesterday. So, without further ado, welcome to the garage, my 2018 GT Silver Touring

Congrats! Silver is the best color for a touring (or any 911) anyway.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0d5ed449a.jpeg

168glhs1986 12-26-2023 10:21 AM

Congrats! Just one thing to note: If they applid 8mil PPF and you get a reading over 13mil the I say be skeptical that's its original paint.

As these cars age, the original paint no accident cars will of course always be worth more but resprays and minor accidents will begin to matter less.

No matter which king of OG touring you have, "Get em OUT" and drive. Seeing one in the wild is pretty rare.

rhk118 12-26-2023 01:08 PM

Congrats! Enjoy the heck out of it!

Mrrdstr 12-27-2023 11:23 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...869d177a0e.jpg

Santa 🎅🏼 was definitely nice to someone! Congrats but we need more pics!