3.13%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.48%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.25%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.40%
Voters: 736. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:08 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Check out Black Olive. Considered it but ultimately went with regular Olive green.

http://picbear.online/media/17834512...373_6745135330
The following users liked this post:
718spyder (09-05-2021)
Old 07-23-2018, 02:47 PM
MIFLACHT6
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe

Coolest personalized sill EVER. Difficult to check this box without crossing the ‘tacky’ line but yours is incredibly tasteful.
Have to say the above is great. I went with...

Attachment 1349805
Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lava GT3
Have to say the above is great. I went with...

Great example of celebrating the cars, the brand, and the people who made them...

Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 PM
MrAryan
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe

Coolest personalized sill EVER. Difficult to check this box without crossing the ‘tacky’ line but yours is incredibly tasteful.
May i know how this option was requested? what kind of file provided to Porsche? any specific measurement you need to stick to ?
Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Been trying to post photos but my newborn has deservedly had 100% of my attention - both him and my car arrived the same day and I've only had the chance to drive the car once. In any case, here you go. Lava/Lava with extra options. You'll notice the vents have black stitching instead of lava - that is not how it was supposed to come. Someone somewhere made a mistake and my dealer is working with Porsche to remedy the issue - it could easily take months to resolve this I'm sure. Maybe I'll get a PTS slot for my 3RS over this haha.

Last edited by Mr. Vanos; 07-29-2018 at 03:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Litti (02-19-2024)
Old 07-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Wow stunning lava... sorry to hear about your troubles though.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:32 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrAryan
May i know how this option was requested? what kind of file provided to Porsche? any specific measurement you need to stick to ?
It's a bit convoluted. Feel free to PM me. I may end up putting together a thread on this...
Old 07-25-2018, 10:34 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Been trying to post photos but my newborn has deservedly had 100% of my attention - both him and my car arrived the same day and I've only had the chance to drive the car once. In any case, here you go. Lava/Lava with extra options. You'll notice the vents have black stitching instead of lava - that is not how it was supposed to come. Someone somewhere made a mistake and my dealer is working with Porsche to remedy the issue - it could easily take months to resolve this I'm sure. Maybe I'll get a PTS slot for my 3RS over this haha.

---
2016 Porsche 991.1 GTS
2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2017 Audi Q7 (baby hauler)
2018 Mercedes AMG GT R
2018 Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring
2019 Porsche 991.2 GT3 RS (Nov Delivery)
That's frustrating. I will say, though, it works well with the black stitching around the Lava vents...
Old 07-25-2018, 11:40 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free
Wow stunning lava... sorry to hear about your troubles though.
Thank you and thank you. It will eventually get resolved but not counting on anything happening quick. I’m actually meeting with my Area Exclusive Manufaktur Manager tomorrow to go over the 3RS. I’ll see if he can push some buttons.

Originally Posted by IrishAndy

That's frustrating. I will say, though, it works well with the black stitching around the Lava vents...
I don’t disagree and I’ve contemplated leaving it as-is, but my OCD sees black and orange stitching together and It looks out of place when there’s no other black stitching in the car.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:19 AM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos

Thank you and thank you. It will eventually get resolved but not counting on anything happening quick. I’m actually meeting with my Area Exclusive Manufaktur Manager tomorrow to go over the 3RS. I’ll see if he can push some buttons.

I don’t disagree and I’ve contemplated leaving it as-is, but my OCD sees black and orange stitching together and It looks out of place when there’s no other black stitching in the car.
This sucks and I hate it happened. I’m OCD also. My car is due in Nov with a lot of deviated stitching including the vents. I am worried that even though I have pestered the ever loving crap out of my SA, there might still be issues with stitching not matching.

I have tried my best to hammer this home to the dealer (who evidently has never spec’ed a car to this level). I even had to walk through their configurator at the dealership to ensure they had it right. Still not sure.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:35 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Mr. Vanos: Congrats on your new baby, and on your new GT3.

Your car is beautiful. I didn't read your post but saw your pictures and thought you did this on purpose for a less busy look. It goes perfectly, but I hear you regarding OCD...

Do you have your CXX build sheet? (If you don't, ask your sales rep to see it.)
It should specify the color of the thread for the leather air vents. If it does, you have no worries. However, if it specifies black stitching, well then it's not Porsche's problem but rather your dealer's.

While all this gets worked out, give Frank at Exclusive Option a call to discuss replacement cost and work involved. Not suggesting going this route but he's super knowledgeable and always eager to be helpful in my experience, and at least you'd have clarity on exactly what it'll take to get this resolved if Porsche leaves you hanging.

Best of luck!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:55 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Why Porsche does not allow Porsche codes to include notes from the consumer configurator is beyond me. It creates an error and they don’t transfer over so even if you know, dealer has to code it in.

They will show on the dealer build sheet so you should always ask for a copy and check that.

Anyway, good luck to those with issues and that they get resolved. If I get a speedster allocation (fingers cross I am high on the list), I am going all in on the interior because to be it is either maxed out leather to sample with natural leather or give me the rubber dash.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:57 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Mr Vanos - congrats on the family expansion aswell as the fantastic looking car. I agree with some above that color wise - the black stiching works but I do understand your standpoint about not having any other black stiching.

My question: Did you spec the alcantara sun visors in the "normal order"? When I did this in the configurator it worked but when building the car with the SA, it blocked and said they can't be combined with the Touring package... Strange but I went with plastic visors, of course. But apparentely, there are Tourings with alcantara visors

It's not a big deal, I can order from elsewhere, but I think it shows there are glitches and bugs in the system, maybe similar to what caused your stiching color troubles.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The alcantara visors (and belt outlet trims) were added later to the configurator for touring builds. I don’t think there was a time where you really could not get them, it was just a matter of putting the right notes in the dealer configurator.

The stitiching errors is a separate issue. Any additional leather with stitching the dealer must put a note in saying what color it is supposed to be or it defaults to the standard color interior stitiching for that model. It could have been even worse, as in a non-touring, the standard stitching is grey and people have gotten Grey stitching parts mixed in with their deviated stitching wing cars.

Frankly, the entire system is asinine. It is both underinusive (insofar as there are things you can get via CXX which are regular options on other models and the cost is the same e.g. vents and slats in leather) and overly complicated (why is the default not that the stitching is universal throughout the car — I get someone might want black on a vent of steering column — but that would be a minority choice). On the plus side, the descriptions on the configurator have gotten much more accurate and there are a lot less configurator errors than before.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..