Sponsored by:

Stripe packages GT3 Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Stripe packages GT3 Touring?

Thinking about stripes for my incoming jet black GT3 T. Rocker stripes for sure (I think) ��but not sure about hood and roof decals and i don’t want to copy an R. I wonder if there will be any package that becomes a standard. Any ideas and colors to compliment jbm?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Thinking about stripes for my incoming jet black GT3 T. Rocker stripes for sure (I think) ��but not sure about hood and roof decals and i don’t want to copy an R. I wonder if there will be any package that becomes a standard. Any ideas and colors to compliment jbm?
I am going black touring as well. I am going all leather everything including leather vents l. I have also requested yellow contrast stictching to match the calipers but this hasn’t been finalised until I decide on the exterior design.

I am going for dual stripe decals and other trim decals. I am not bothered about looking like an imposter 911r. I just want an amazing looking fun car.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:38 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The factory R side stripes with matte black stripes and Porsche in green (or red or matte black) would be subtle.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:46 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
The factory R side stripes with matte black stripes and Porsche in green (or red or matte black) would be subtle.
I am seriously considering
1) matt black stripes and matt black porsche lettering. I was even considering satin black wheels with a coloured pinstripe (yellow to match calipers, bronze, satin platinum) and having the same pinstripe on the sides of the dual 911r stripes. Might be too busy.?

2) satin platinum wheels and satin platinum stripes and porsche letting

Last edited by BrntRubber; 12-02-2017 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:10 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

STALKER99 has black stripes on his black GT3 in the owner’s pictures thread. Really subtle and tasteful. If you are doing a wheel stripe you could match the word PORSCHE to the wheel stripe.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
For the first time EVER with all the Porsche cars I have owned, I've been compelled to put on a stripe kit, but since I saw the hood-roof-rear deck concept of the 911R, I was in love with the styling ...but I just don't feel quite right in installing it out of respect to the 'R' ...so looking for an alternative that highlights the beauty and uniqueness of my car GT3 T on its way. As it stands my internet searches have determined that a silver rocker stripe kit will be the ticket (maybe red) but I tell you, a red stripe kit and red rocker stripes would be killer...yet completely out of character for me....so likely plain old silver stripes to match my silver wheels. I will simply enjoy stripe kits on other's cars.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Nine Nine One
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, I have been in the same boat. Love the look of the 911R but don't feel quite sure about a "knock off". But, if you like it maybe who cares? I have also been looking at a single stripe that comes to a point at the hood emblem and goes all the way over the fin. Was torn between guards red and chalk - went with red. Going to make whatever trim package in chalk.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
For the first time EVER with all the Porsche cars I have owned, I've been compelled to put on a stripe kit, but since I saw the hood-roof-rear deck concept of the 911R, I was in love with the styling ...but I just don't feel quite right in installing it out of respect to the 'R' ...so looking for an alternative that highlights the beauty and uniqueness of my car GT3 T on its way. As it stands my internet searches have determined that a silver rocker stripe kit will be the ticket (maybe red) but I tell you, a red stripe kit and red rocker stripes would be killer...yet completely out of character for me....so likely plain old silver stripes to match my silver wheels. I will simply enjoy stripe kits on other's cars.
I prefer the subtle ghost side stripe concept rather than BOLD in-your-face striping colours. Either would work, but not for me.

Roof and hood striping infringes on the 991 R. Not so cool ...IMO

A version of this is coming for my car:

Old 12-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Nine Nine One
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That looks great, subtle and classy. Is that done with a rendering package or is that an actual picture?
Old 12-02-2017, 11:13 PM
MMH78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I prefer the subtle ghost side stripe concept rather than BOLD in-your-face striping colours. Either would work, but not for me.

A version of this is coming for my car:

I am doing the same. Black stripe on GT silver Touring.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:30 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Nine One
That looks great, subtle and classy. Is that done with a rendering package or is that an actual picture?
It's an illustration provided by NS2 Media.
Porsche Exclusive, though not close to actual scale, provided this rendering to me:
Old 12-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks really nice.

I think subtle is a good direction to go. Has anyone tried to do the roof/hood R stripes using Xpel Stealth? If a black car sure just use flat black strips to go subtle, but for other colors it could be hard to match.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Love it. I might go Touring pack black as I think the chrome window surrounds a touch too much. But subjective of course.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts
Wink

Porsche Exclusive, though not close to actual scale, provided this rendering to me:
Apparently Porsche needs to hire NS2 Media for their renderings.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Haha- wow! I don't think I remember seeing this.

Originally Posted by manitou202
Apparently Porsche needs to hire NS2 Media for their renderings.
Lol, you haven't been the first to say that, and now I see why! We are working on it.

To the OP, we can help you out with some concepts if you'd like. We can provide a photo-realistic rendering as seen a few posts up matched to your spec, and we can try an unlimited amount of color choices for the stripe vs the "PORSCHE" text. You may have seen it, but here is a similar one we did on a non-Touring Chalk car:

The color sample we got from Porsche of Chalk to create the ghosting on the stripes turned out to be lighter than the real thing, which made the stripe a few shades lighter than we had hoped, but nevertheless, it is still a cool effect, and certainly more subtle than a white stripe!

Will send you a PM with some more info.

Quick Reply: Stripe packages GT3 Touring?