Sponsored by:

Agency Power 991 GT3 Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017 | 03:51 AM
DhudGT3
7th Gear

Default Agency Power 991 GT3 Headers

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post something up for anyone considering. I recently, as in earlier this month, had Agency Powers new 991 GT3 Headers installed on my 991.1 GT3. I was on the fence between these and the GMG headers and ended up with these. I have driven this car 2 times since then. I drove it home from the shop where they were installed, and at the track (Car was trailered by a friend to and from for me as I had to leave from the track immediately up north for work). When I left the shop, I was informed that they were uncomfortable with how low the tubes were sitting in relation to the stock one (this is a stock car). They showed them to me while the car was on a lift and on the ground. Even to me, they were noticeably lower than the stock headers. I assumed, dangerous word, that Agency Power had tested these and wouldn't have released them if there was a problem, plus it was late at night and nothing could be done at this time. As I mentioned, I then proceeded to drive the car home and load it into my friends trailer and went to sleep anxiously awaiting the next day at the track. I drove up in the morning, got all geared up, and went out on track. I will say, for a very brief time, these sounded great, but after a short ~20 laps later, I checked the tubes that I was warned about the night before and noticed that not only had they scraped, they were almost worn through! Needless to say, my day at the track was done, in fear of damaging my car/headers further. I then loaded the car back into the trailer and proceeded on my trip a few hours later.

Now, I know things happen, and mistakes are made, and as long as the problems are resolved amicably, then I'm not going to cause a fuss (this is obviously my first post ever on this forum, though I do read around here fairly regularly). Here's where I got upset. I spoke with a gentleman there named Justin, who asked me to send him some pictures of the issue. No problem, emailed them over right away and waited for the reply that I assumed would be some sort of apology. That's not what I got. The response I received was nothing close to what I expected. No apology for the frustration, loss of time, money or possible damage to my car, no offer to help make the situation right, and certainly no hint of him/his company caring that they released an inferior product that had basically self destructed within 100 miles of driving. Not to mention that these were over $2,000 plus labor to have them installed.

My apologies for my first post here turning into more of a rant, but if I had read a post like this a month ago, I cold have saved myself the headache and the ~$2,500 (not including my time) that I am now out due an inferior part that is produced by a company that just plain doesn't care. I hope this thread helps someone else avoid making a mistake. If anyone has any other questions or would like more backstory, including email chain, don't hesitate to ask. I'll also update if anything changes.

Dan
Old 11-30-2017 | 06:58 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Wow- that sucks.

I never heard of this Company. I would of been hesitant to install or use a product from a Mfg I never heard of.

I hope you did your due diligence
Old 11-30-2017 | 07:06 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Wow!....any pics of right after the install?
Old 11-30-2017 | 02:45 PM
DhudGT3
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Wow- that sucks.

I never heard of this Company. I would of been hesitant to install or use a product from a Mfg I never heard of.

I hope you did your due diligence
They have been around for a while. I had a set of their headers on a couple of my M3's a few years back and no problems.

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Wow!....any pics of right after the install?
Old 11-30-2017 | 04:38 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

It sounds as if there was no offer of a replacement set. Is that correct?
Old 11-30-2017 | 05:03 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Wow, sorry about your troubles. I hope they come around though.
Old 11-30-2017 | 06:22 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

I hate that you are having these issues with this product.

FYI from other forums and some knowledge of the industry Agency Power is a made in China product that copies the design of others. They do not do any research other than what they think will sell. Quality control is not their specialty. I know they have a good price and they look good all polished up which is a tactic used by a lot of companies to make their products appear higher quality than they really are. They are usually sold through Vivid Racing which does not have a great reputation as an innovator of products for track use.
Old 12-05-2017 | 04:49 AM
DhudGT3
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Alan C.
It sounds as if there was no offer of a replacement set. Is that correct?
No offer of replacement, reimbursement or even partial reimbursement. They basically told me, sorry, you're on your own and stopped replying.

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Wow, sorry about your troubles. I hope they come around though.
Appreciated. I'm not holding my breath though.

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
I hate that you are having these issues with this product.

FYI from other forums and some knowledge of the industry Agency Power is a made in China product that copies the design of others. They do not do any research other than what they think will sell. Quality control is not their specialty. I know they have a good price and they look good all polished up which is a tactic used by a lot of companies to make their products appear higher quality than they really are. They are usually sold through Vivid Racing which does not have a great reputation as an innovator of products for track use.
This definitely seems to corroborate what I have come to find with dealing with them and their product. I wish I had known this before my purchase, I honestly thought they were made in Arizona. Serves me right for assuming I suppose. I'll keep in mind not to look at vivid either.

Quick Reply: Agency Power 991 GT3 Headers