Sponsored by:

GT3 Allocation Feb/March 2018 Not Open

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts
Default GT3 Allocation Feb/March 2018 Not Open

Original thread has disappeared. Spoke with Paul Dumont, Porsche Sales Manager of The dealership that was trolling RL looking for ADM today. AS of 6 pm EST no confirmed allocations available there. Caveat Emptor.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

this is my surprised face.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Strange because about 10 days ago I exchanged emails with someone else from that dealership (by accident actually, I thought I was contacting Manhattan Beach), and I was offered an allocation at an ADM. So they did have allocations and they were asking for an ADM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,400 Likes on 726 Posts

Appears many are asking ADM.

This has gotten out of control

I hope Porsche makes as many that will fill demand to trump these ADMs.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:39 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I tweeted several Porsche accounts with a link to that thread, if that guy had spent even ten minutes reading these forums he would have discovered how dumb his post was. Sell with ADM if you want, but don't rub peoples noses in it.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:45 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The sad thing is the ADM was as low as I have seen in a while. I am sure someone grabbed it.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:53 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
The sad thing is the ADM was as low as I have seen in a while. I am sure someone grabbed it.
True, I took a drive today and got muddied up as there's been a lot of rain on the hills in the last few days, had a big grin on my face afterward as some of the best stretches of road I drive were completely empty, I think if my dealer had rang me after that and said 'we can sell you one for 10k over' I'd have been sorely tempted.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by evilfij
Yep
Old 11-29-2017, 08:04 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334
Original thread has disappeared. Spoke with Paul Dumont, Porsche Sales Manager of The dealership that was trolling RL looking for ADM today. AS of 6 pm EST no confirmed allocations available there. Caveat Emptor.
According to the email address OP posted his name is Carlos Vicioso and he’s a salesman at Manhattan Motorcars, no mistery here.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

The original post just demonstrates that many Porsche Dealers follow or are on this forum.

He knew what he was doing.

To be frank- I had no problem with it. He was being quite open- maybe a little to open for sure. if i was the Sales manager over there i would fry his butt. No Dealer wants their name dragged thru mud but maybe some just do not care
Old 11-29-2017, 08:27 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Hope I am not subjecting myself to anything brutal here, but I went for the allocation. I was near the top on the list for my local dealer and I was wallowing away on many other dealer's lists, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The rumors of production ending in November 2018, as well as the fact that different SAs and contacts had told me that PCNA had given the dealers the bulk of their allocations upfront rather than quarterly all at once, with only a few left as bonuses, led me to just go for this allocation (I'm just a messenger, I honestly don't know what is going on inside that Zuffenhausen sausage factory).

Life is short, it's a car I really wanted, especially if the 992 is going to follow the Panamera and Cayenne redesign route (I do not like touch surfaces, prefer the analog/buttons style on the 991), and I had no choice since I didn't have much business with any dealers to secure my own MSRP allocation. Maybe if I had waited I could have gotten an MSRP allocation early next year if more were released (knowing my luck this will be the case), but I figured I could nix LWBS and PCCB and that just about took care of the ADM.

My biggest regret was missing out on euro delivery with my father since the build is slated for January 2018, but I am going to opt for PEC LA delivery (whatever that entails) to make a fun memory and experience with my old man. Maybe I'll do a base Macan for euro delivery some time in 2019....
Old 11-29-2017, 08:33 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hope I am not subjecting myself to anything brutal here, but I went for the allocation. I was near the top on the list for my local dealer and I was wallowing away on many other dealer's lists, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The rumors of production ending in November 2018, as well as the fact that different SAs and contacts had told me that PCNA had given the dealers the bulk of their allocations upfront rather than quarterly all at once, with only a few left as bonuses, led me to just go for this allocation (I'm just a messenger, I honestly don't know what is going on inside that Zuffenhausen sausage factory).

Life is short, it's a car I really wanted, especially if the 992 is going to follow the Panamera and Cayenne redesign route (I do not like touch surfaces, prefer the analog/buttons style on the 991), and I had no choice since I didn't have much business with any dealers to secure my own MSRP allocation. Maybe if I had waited I could have gotten an MSRP allocation early next year if more were released (knowing my luck this will be the case), but I figured I could nix LWBS and PCCB and that just about took care of the ADM.

My biggest regret was missing out on euro delivery with my father since the build is slated for January 2018, but I am going to opt for PEC LA delivery (whatever that entails) to make a fun memory and experience with my old man. Maybe I'll do a base Macan for euro delivery some time in 2019....
Well, congrats. I remember the other post in which you were considering a small ADM. Forget all the negative and MSRP talk. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. If you wanted it, good thing you got it.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Congrats. - You will be happy

I would never flame any one for spending their money the way they see fit
Old 11-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I'd keep the full bucket seats - totally worth it. (assuming it's a GT3, not touring)
Old 11-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Congrats. - You will be happy

I would never flame any one for spending their money the way they see fit
Exactly! Spend it and have a great time with your father! That is priceless.

Quick Reply: GT3 Allocation Feb/March 2018 Not Open