GT3 Allocation Feb/March 2018 Not Open

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:39 AM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I was involved in that other thread.

Congrats to @sampelligrino on the purchase!

I don't fault people for paying ADM. If I had more money, I'd pay it if I thought it would get me the car I wanted. I know there are people here saying that if nobody paid it, they couldn't charge it but that's not realistic. That's like saying if nobody shopped at Walmart, then Walmart can't drive other companies out of business with their terrible practices. It's nice in theory, but completely unrealistic and will never happen.

People are saying that everyone that wants one will get one. There's nothing to back this up. Maybe it's true. Maybe it isn't.

What I DO know is that I was really stressed out over not getting a car. I REALLY want one and as each wave of allocations came and went without my name attached, it was becoming more and more disheartening and I genuinely thought I wasn't going to make the cut. It wasn't a good feeling. If I had more money and could just pony up some more to make sure I got one, I'd do so. Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't I expect other people to? There's people out there way tons of money. Those people don't sit around and stress over whether or not they're going to get something they want. They just get it.

So with all that said... my reason for being so put off by this sales person and for being vocal about it was the underhanded nature of what they were doing.

They tried to post anonymously under a new account with some bull**** story about the car that made no sense.

He could have posted as himself and said "Hey... I'm a salesman at Manhattan Motors and have a buildable allocation available at $15k ADM. I know some of you hate this practice but it is what it is. If anyone wants it, please contact me as it won't be available long."

I'd be 100% ok with that.

When I called him out on the bull****, he implied that my dealer was probably blowing smoke up my *** and that it doesn't matter what anyone else says because it's probably lies and they just don't have allocations.

The guy had a bad attitude and seems to fit the stereotype of a back lot used car salesman. He deserves to be called out for it.
The original thread did call the salesman out on it... but nobody seemed to notice that he was in violation of the RL Terms of Service until the thread was deleted.

But by that time he had already profited.

All the same, congrats to Sam for stepping up and sharing his good news!

Last edited by Bartleby7334; 11-30-2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Made more clear, and spelling
Old 11-30-2017, 11:40 AM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 86 Posts

Agree with the idea that paying over is fine. You can pay the ADM and be guaranteed a spot, or you can take your chances in the open market, and have a 10-30 percent chance at this point?
Old 11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hope I am not subjecting myself to anything brutal here, but I went for the allocation. I was near the top on the list for my local dealer and I was wallowing away on many other dealer's lists, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The rumors of production ending in November 2018, as well as the fact that different SAs and contacts had told me that PCNA had given the dealers the bulk of their allocations upfront rather than quarterly all at once, with only a few left as bonuses, led me to just go for this allocation (I'm just a messenger, I honestly don't know what is going on inside that Zuffenhausen sausage factory).

Life is short, it's a car I really wanted, especially if the 992 is going to follow the Panamera and Cayenne redesign route (I do not like touch surfaces, prefer the analog/buttons style on the 991), and I had no choice since I didn't have much business with any dealers to secure my own MSRP allocation. Maybe if I had waited I could have gotten an MSRP allocation early next year if more were released (knowing my luck this will be the case), but I figured I could nix LWBS and PCCB and that just about took care of the ADM.

My biggest regret was missing out on euro delivery with my father since the build is slated for January 2018, but I am going to opt for PEC LA delivery (whatever that entails) to make a fun memory and experience with my old man. Maybe I'll do a base Macan for euro delivery some time in 2019....

Are you taking it to the island or staying mainland with it? Does the H3 even get to 60 MPH ??? haha, we have a house in Kailua so I'll be on the lookout! Congrats, hope you all make some great memories on the trip.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hope I am not subjecting myself to anything brutal here, but I went for the allocation. I was near the top on the list for my local dealer and I was wallowing away on many other dealer's lists, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The rumors of production ending in November 2018, as well as the fact that different SAs and contacts had told me that PCNA had given the dealers the bulk of their allocations upfront rather than quarterly all at once, with only a few left as bonuses, led me to just go for this allocation (I'm just a messenger, I honestly don't know what is going on inside that Zuffenhausen sausage factory).

Life is short, it's a car I really wanted, especially if the 992 is going to follow the Panamera and Cayenne redesign route (I do not like touch surfaces, prefer the analog/buttons style on the 991), and I had no choice since I didn't have much business with any dealers to secure my own MSRP allocation. Maybe if I had waited I could have gotten an MSRP allocation early next year if more were released (knowing my luck this will be the case), but I figured I could nix LWBS and PCCB and that just about took care of the ADM.

My biggest regret was missing out on euro delivery with my father since the build is slated for January 2018, but I am going to opt for PEC LA delivery (whatever that entails) to make a fun memory and experience with my old man. Maybe I'll do a base Macan for euro delivery some time in 2019....
Good for you. Life isn't a dress rehearsal. Live in the moment. That said, I would get the LWBS. Imperative for a car like the GT3.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:42 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Icutyou
Congratulations!

I think in todays market you could certainly have done worse, especially since your other spot wasn't guaranteed. I know a lot of people say wait and wait some more but those people have patience way beyond anything I possess. Also many of the "MSRP or bust" individuals have great relationships with dealers and know theyll get a car, or are patient enough that they know they'll get them eventually and can wait.

What I can say, is man oh man you will not be disappointed. I get a rush and goosebumps driving it. Every. Damn. Time. When the revs climb and the engine barks and sounds like it wants to crawl out if its flimsy metal carcass and murder you. There's nothing like it.
I ended up getting mine earlier than expected and am SO glad I did. This time is so precious.

A depressing story but I went to med school with a really, really kind gentleman whom I miss immensely. We had similar struggles and backgrounds. When we got to the point of having some money to spend he wanted to hold out a little longer to get the car of his dreams, a shelby GT500.
Well, he passed in a car accident before he could have that car. I know this is an extreme example but I never forget about him and wish he could be here with me to see me getting this car, because I always wanted something like this. I still put a sticker with his initials in my window.

So as I wipe a tear, I say GOOD FOR YOU! Get the damn car and enjoy it way before others. You'll be happy you did and will have some amazing stories to tell your grandkids (maybe you already do)!

Also if youre picking up the car in manhattan I'm local and would love to meet and get the party started!
Thanks for taking the time to share your story, it was touching to read. I'm sorry for your loss - ironically enough I lost a good family friend to colon cancer earlier this year and that was kind of a wake up call for me to just go out and live with less fear, and somewhat encouraged this purchase hehe. I plan on taking delivery of the car via Euro Delivery or PEC LA then ship home to Hawaii (for now). I have zero connections to NYC other than this allocation lol.

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Enjoy it in good health. I did Euro delivery with my father, bucket list item.
Awesome stuff. Hope to do the same (or at least PEC LA delivery).

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I was involved in that other thread.

Congrats to @sampelligrino on the purchase!

I don't fault people for paying ADM. If I had more money, I'd pay it if I thought it would get me the car I wanted. I know there are people here saying that if nobody paid it, they couldn't charge it but that's not realistic. That's like saying if nobody shopped at Walmart, then Walmart can't drive other companies out of business with their terrible practices. It's nice in theory, but completely unrealistic and will never happen.

People are saying that everyone that wants one will get one. There's nothing to back this up. Maybe it's true. Maybe it isn't.

What I DO know is that I was really stressed out over not getting a car. I REALLY want one and as each wave of allocations came and went without my name attached, it was becoming more and more disheartening and I genuinely thought I wasn't going to make the cut. It wasn't a good feeling. If I had more money and could just pony up some more to make sure I got one, I'd do so. Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't I expect other people to? There's people out there way tons of money. Those people don't sit around and stress over whether or not they're going to get something they want. They just get it.

So with all that said... my reason for being so put off by this sales person and for being vocal about it was the underhanded nature of what they were doing.

They tried to post anonymously under a new account with some bull**** story about the car that made no sense.

He could have posted as himself and said "Hey... I'm a salesman at Manhattan Motors and have a buildable allocation available at $15k ADM. I know some of you hate this practice but it is what it is. If anyone wants it, please contact me as it won't be available long."

I'd be 100% ok with that.

When I called him out on the bull****, he implied that my dealer was probably blowing smoke up my *** and that it doesn't matter what anyone else says because it's probably lies and they just don't have allocations.

The guy had a bad attitude and seems to fit the stereotype of a back lot used car salesman. He deserves to be called out for it.
I get where you are coming from. I was in the same shoes just stressing myself out over this car and a couple days ago I told myself f*&^ it, it's just a car. I just didn't feel good about my chances of getting an MSRP allocation for a multitude of reasons, I wish I could have had that ideal relationship with a dealer but I didn't. And I wasn't going to stress over it any more. Either I pony up and go for the ADM or move on, Porsches have always been a fun passionate "hobby" of mine before I even got my first 911, and this was making it not-so-fun and stressful. I decided for the former rather than the latter, and I'm happy I did.

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Are you taking it to the island or staying mainland with it? Does the H3 even get to 60 MPH ??? haha, we have a house in Kailua so I'll be on the lookout! Congrats, hope you all make some great memories on the trip.
Haha I'll share more on a separate thread, but I plan to do Euro Delivery or PEC LA delivery, then yep taking her to Hawaii.... I likely won't even use anything past 2nd gear here, but I am likely going to relocate permanently to the Bay Area Summer 2018 so the GT3 will come with me.

Originally Posted by Nick
Good for you. Life isn't a dress rehearsal. Live in the moment. That said, I would get the LWBS. Imperative for a car like the GT3.
Thanks Nick.

And thanks everyone again for the kind words, I just wanted to be honest from my end, that was my only point here. Didn't want to hijack this thread, but I'll post another thread seeking advice on the build and maybe later a fun "build thread" for me to document the progress of the car and share pictures so I can always look back on it like some others have done.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No ****

Some people here just have too much time on their hands and not enough disposable income.

Congrats @sampelligrino, and enjoy the car.
LOL! Cheers!

The naysayers say "Patience is a virtue". "Be patient". "It will come down in price..." blah blah blah. Well, you wait until its used 15,000 miles later, maybe you will save even more money. Why settle for MSRP? Where does it end? Wait one year? Two years? Ten years? Remember, the money you have saved waiting cannot buy you back the time you spent waiting. After all, time is the more valuable commodity, and we all have a finite amount of it in this world.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:37 PM
212moe
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334
Original thread has disappeared. Spoke with Paul Dumont, Porsche Sales Manager of The dealership that was trolling RL looking for ADM today. AS of 6 pm EST no confirmed allocations available there. Caveat Emptor.

good day how u doing? Wanted to know if u had any info about possible future allocations for the .2 gt3 around the world?

Quick Reply: GT3 Allocation Feb/March 2018 Not Open